• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

caterpillar script help

maaddogg

Epic spriter in the making!!
Years
does anyone know of an rmxp caterpillar script thats compatible with pokemon essentials so i can have a partner follow u at certain times in the game.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
Years
does anyone know of an rmxp caterpillar script thats compatible with pokemon essentials so i can have a partner follow u at certain times in the game.

The only thing I can suggest is to look at the script in Pokemon Yellow and see if you can create one similar to it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
There is a script called caterpillar at the rmxp unlimited website

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
You could code it really yourself using events or scripts.
It's simple maths. Just work out where the player and the follower are on screen/on the map.
Just use 4 variables, 2 for the players X and Y coordinates and 2 for the follower's X and Y coordinates.
Then use branches to work out the movement.
Branch if followers X is less then players X
>Move follower left.
<else>
Branch if followers X is greater then players X
> Move follower right

and so on for the other 2.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Or use the "dependent script event" that's alredy included in Pokemon essentials.
Nowadays it has been modified so that the "follower" stays even after the map changes.

Back