• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Icarian Dreams

Finglonger

Leper messiah
Years
  • lol well heres another piece that will probably never get a response but eh whatcha gonna do? this is one Ive been sitting on for a while. I looked at it and realized how bad it actually was(not one of my best pieces lol) so I did a little editing, but I just can't seem to get it down. anyhow any help that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. = )

Icarian dreams

Oh to soar unbounded,
    beyond the problems of this earth
    on waxen wings...
    to reach the heavens; to touch the sun;
    survive to soar again,

in slumber, blankets sheathed
    from distant midnight skies
    set my lofty ambitions,
    against laws of logic;

And the glare, the rusts
    that held me fast, give way
    to flights of fancy...

a proud indignation,
    glory days,
    waft away.

prosperity, wealth all but an illusion
    fading as spirits do;
    no reconciliation,
    no requiem sung for the beloved.

Now boast of pridefulness;
    sins of the hypocrisy do not condemn.
    as you may fly to the sun,
    and nary a wing will burn

rest
    rest has come at last
    and what was dreamt
    now dreams.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007
    Wow!! That was beautiful! It really encased me in a web of enchantment. I adore it! 10/10

~Kelsey

Emerald_Ursaring

Formerly Da_Green_Teddy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 30, 2005
    *Jaw drops* That was, like, THE best poem I've ever seen! Great Job! 10/10!!

Finglonger

Leper messiah
    Years
  • *blushes* wow thanks guys, but I still see that it needs a lot of work. This one is on my mind right now along with maybe another one that I'm in the middle of revising, so if I ever produce anything worthwhile in terms of improvements I'll post them here. = )

Back