• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Burning me some methane.

Fox♠

Banned
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    It's being a long time since I played or even built a deck, I'm running this under unlimited as near enough all of my cards are no longer playable in the current format.

Pokemon - 24
    Slugma DE - 2
    Macargo DE (smooth over) - 2
    Cyndaquil UF - 4
    Quilava UF - 4
    Typhlosion UF - 4
    Typhlosion EX UF - 2
    Koffing DE - 3
    Weezing DE - 3.

Trainers - 12
    Wally's training - 2
    Celio's network - 2
    Holon Mentor - 2
    Rare Candy - 4
    Field Worker - 2

Energy - 24
    Fire - 24.

It's a pretty basic deck idea. The deck is built so that everything helps everything else. Weezing is there for Liability, it'll cost you a prize but if you bring typhlosion out from the bench you'll instant KO the defending pokemon, this is especially helpful against pesky EX cards. Either use Marcargo to find Celios or Celios to find Marcargo. Marcargo is brilliant at getting setting you up for some sweeping. Try and smooth over some rare candies and then use field worker if it's in your hand, chances are you'll pull up a valuable energy or pokemon alongside the candy. Typhlosion EX is of course the main hitter, keep it on the bench and abuse it's lovely poke power to stack up energies quickly. Your opponent (unless operating a water deck) should always come against an obstacle. Weezing will take any opponent down to 10hp, typhlosion works best if its damaged (also dealing 10 between turns due to its poke body) and typhlosion EX lays down heavy damage alongside sturdy HP. Push come to shove you could also start using Marcargo to deal a steady 50.

I realise that I'm running a 1-1 ratio of pokemon/energy, but this shouldn't be a huge problem (Marcargo and typlosion can work well without energies if need be)

I also realise the huge risk i run against water decks, to which this deck doesn't really counter very well.

Thoughts?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Well, due to the fact that every Pokémon in your deck has some kind of purpose, it'd be hard to counter water-types with other Pokémon as it would throw off your deck completely and make it come crashing. Not much I can say besides the obvious.​

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Well, due to the fact that every Pokémon in your deck has some kind of purpose, it'd be hard to counter water-types with other Pokémon as it would throw off your deck completely and make it come crashing. Not much I can say besides the obvious.​

The other problem is everything in my deck runs a weakness to water except Weezing, which is only there to kamikaze early on anyway.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    If you're willing to think a BIT more into the deck instead of coming out with the power early, early on, there could be some compromise where'd you get the power you want while also having the defense you need. Of course, you could always wing it with that deck, but that might not get you far.​

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    If you're willing to think a BIT more into the deck instead of coming out with the power early, early on, there could be some compromise where'd you get the power you want while also having the defense you need. Of course, you could always wing it with that deck, but that might not get you far.​

It's a modified version of my deck that got me in the top 4 in two city championships, but luckily i didn't run into any good water decks.

See against anything not water, it is quite defensive, weezing is a fair punchbag, so is normal typhlosion.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Then there's not much you can do but hope no one comes around with a Water-type deck.​

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Then there's not much you can do but hope no one comes around with a Water-type deck.​

Yeah lol. Do you think my trainer selection is ok? I know it's a bit bland, I was thinking of lowering the rare candies to 3 and removing the celios and adding 3 balloon berries.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    It depends on what you think would be best for your deck. Personally, I say go for it and see how it turns out. Trial and error is a wonderful process, despite being a pain in the ass.​

Back