• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reverse Extinction (Original fic)

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
This very rough draft is going to hopefully be an epic novel with inspiration from Jurassic Park and The Pleistocene Redemption. Its genres probably would include Sci-Fi, Thriller and maybe some others.

It all starts in the year 2046, when scientists have almost perfected cloning, and a strange group of islands has just appeared some 500 miles off the coast of Portugal. The Portuguese government tried to claim the archipelago, but Californian billionaire/super genius Brian Jones beat them to it.

Brian Jones has a genius IQ of 176, and plans to make the islands a zoo/amusement park of sorts. He seems to want to clone animals that are currently extinct, and make a sort of haven for them where they can thrive.

He isn't aiming for anything like dinosaurs just yet, but he's starting with less dangerous, and more recently extinct, species.

A select few have been invited for the opening ceremony. Nothing seems to be going wrong just yet, but it probably will some time in the future.

Prologue (Part One) will be up later, if I can remember.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
Years
There definitely is a resemblance to Jurassic Park, but I'm not familiar with the other novel. I know it might be a rough draft right now but here are a few things to consider...

Characters: If Brian is going to be the main characters, bring out some minor characters like a friend or something. And what about Brian? He's smart but what else, give him something that would make him interesting and make us care about him.

Plot: Whats the conflict? Is Brian receiving opposition from the public? Are the cloned animals going to go crazy and kill everyone? It's ok to not have a complete detailed outline of it but the conflict is the most important part so you should at least develop something. Also, I'm not sure if you noticed this but this is almost exactly JP; except it's in the future and they are cloning extinct animals instead of dinosaurs. I'm sure nobody would want to read the exact same thing.

Back