• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Google Chrome 2.0

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
  • Google Chrome 2.0 is now out. It features a faster JS engine, some other performance improvements, form autofill, fullscreen mode (yay), and an improved new tab page (source). You can update to it inside Chrome; just click the wrench icon, click "about," and then click "Update Now" once it appears (it will say "checking for updates" for a few seconds at first).

Last edited:
    Years
  • Since the majority of the computing world uses Windows, it's not exactly unreasonable to release something on that system first. For the record, I mostly run Linux, so I'm not a Windows fanboy.

Is it really like you're missing anything? Yay, it's got a fast Javascript engine, as far as I'm aware, that's pretty much it. I'd rather stick to Firefox and/or Safari if I happened to be using OSX.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Oh, Safari is pretty much superior; but Chrome is what I use on my Windows boxen and I do like consistency <3

蜃気楼

Jirachi Fan
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    The version of my Chrome is 2.0.180.0. I tried it on V8 benchmark, and I did not see V8 assembling regexp to machine code... (or it will get around 1000 to 2000)

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Still no Linux or Mac port?
    tsk tsk Google :|

Luckily, Codeweavers is already working to get their Chromium ports to Mac and Linux to have some of the new features on Chrome 2.0 <3

Last edited:

Zet

Years
  • You people seem to be forgetting something: Macs and Linux aren't real Operating Systems that's why it's only on Windows

I'm sure enough the google team will figure out how to make it work on the Mac and Linux systems soon enough. But I haven't really seen any impressive changes in V2

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    You people seem to be forgetting something: Macs and Linux aren't real Operating Systems that's why it's only on Windows
    But if Linux isn't a real operating system, then what powers Google's servers? :(

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Some of my first impressions of Google Chrome 2.0...

- Fullscreen is nice, but I'd at least like a address bar at the top like in Firefox...
    - Wonderful with Google Apps, simply wonderful
    - Noticeable speed difference

Back