• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hunuckuu

Awesome Jerry

Carpe Diem!
Years
  • ~Prologue~ THE NEW REGION

I walk along the peaceful beach wondering where to go. I declined any offer of going to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn or The Orange Leagues. They just didn't suit me. I want to go somewhere that's new and exciting! I place were all the great heroes I hear about in the paper have never been. To start over and begin a new life of perilous journeys and action filled days.

Let me introduce myself, I'm Katana Uwatti. An unusual name as some visitors say, but it's better than the others I've heard. I live in a town called, Paterna. It's a small island off the coast and map of Hoenn. I'm a high spirited girl as my friends say and stick up for myself and others. I have shoulder length dirty blonde hair and nobody dares calls me a 'dumb blonde.' My best friend in the whole world is my first and only pokemon, Abusora, the Absol. My friends and I really got into the different languages and that's how we named our pokemon. Pretty unique if you think about it. I'm 15 years old and is still looking for a place to start my journey.

"Katana! Guess what I found out!" My 15 year old friend Sora Yugamii called running up to me gathering dust around her soft feet. Sora had a little longer beautiful blonde hair. Today she was wearing her usual attire of a short red plaid skirt and white tank top. She was a VERY hyper girl and everyone wonders where she gets such energy, including myself.

End of Prologue

A/N- I know that what short, but it's a prologue and the other chapters are much longer! I hope you like it!
    ~Awesome Jerry~

Awesome Jerry

Carpe Diem!
    Years
  • ~Chapter 1~ HERE WE COME!

"You found out Jirurodo Kuriji has a girlfriend?" I asked sarcastically. Sora has had a major crush on our 3 year older friend Jirurodo for years and I still find pleasure in teasing her about it. To bad she knows I'm teasing her.

"HAHA." She playfully sounded. "No, I found out there is a new region a few hours away from here! It's called...Hunuckuu" Sora started jumping up and down squealing happily. I of course sighed at her childess actions.

"So...does that mean we're going?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Yep, you, me, Jiruroda and Nanashi Zzetgwa." She stated before going into an oblivious day dream of her crush. I shuddered at the name Nanashi. I HATE that girl. She is 14 and still thinks she's better than me with her perfectly straight, silky, blonde hair and matching outfits. She's a total GIRL! The worst thing anyone can be and guess what, she can't even play football! I gasped...I'm...I'm...a GUY! (sorry, I had to put that in...typical tomboy...like me! ^_^)

"Why her?" I suddenly grumbled shaking my head disapprovingly.

"She's not all THAT bad." Sora tried to reassure me, but it wouldn't work. I just dragged myself off the beach to go home and start packing for my 'perilous' trip. With Nanashi there it'll be dangerous...for her.

On my way home I passed trainers with their pokemon battling or trying to get their pokemon up to beat any of the Elite Four in other regions. 'I wonder what's in that new region. Maybe new pokemon!' At that thought I ran...no sprinted to my own home passing the bushes and elegant flowers lining the street sides.

I finally came across a yellow 2 story house with few windows on the front. Along the steps in which I walked up were red roses that glisten from the morning sun reflecting of the dew left on them. I took one last breath of outside air and opened the white door.

The inside was more delectable than the outside. The walls were white and the main room had a velvet red couch and a 36? by 24 inch TV in front. Behind the couch on the back wall was a door leading to the kitchen and a bookshelf lined with empty poke balls waiting for me to use.
    ?Mom...I?m home!? I called as I ran up the twisted stairs to my own bedroom. When I got there you could really tell my love for pokemon. To your left was a video phone that took up the whole wall! The right had posters of pokemon to choose from in each region. The three posters said,

(1.) Kanto Region

Bulbasaur *picture of bulbasaur here*
    Charmander *Charmander here*
    Squirtle *Squirtle here*

(2.) Johto Region

Cyndaquil *Cyndaquil here*
    Totodile *Totodile here*
    Chikorita *Chikorita here*

(3.) Hoenn Region

Treeko *Treeko here*
    Torchic *Torchic here*
    Mudkip *Mudkip here*

In the middle was my bed. A huge picture of and Absol was in the middle of the comforter and a white and black dog pokemon sat on top.

?Off Abusora!? I strictly commanded. Abusora swiftly got off the bed and walked towards the furry basket layed out for her. ?Good girl.?

I walked over to the closet in the back of my room and pulled out a camo duffel bag. It was already packed for I had been prepared to leave for many years now. ?Poke balls?? I asked myself digging through the dusty bag. ?Check.? I confirmed.

?Absol.? I heard Abusora yawn. I have been able to understand my pokemon since the day I met her.

***Flashback***

A younger, 10 year old version of I was walking through the forest looking for a weak pokemon to capture with my newly acquired great ball. I was skipping at that time and didn?t notice the huge tree root sticking out of the ground. Me being clumsy trips making my face fall into mud and the great ball to hit the ground.

I notice the ball open and absorb some sort of pokemon. I sit up and crawl over to the ball rubbing my hands in anticipation of what I have or may have caught

The ball shook. When ten times has passed it stops and is still as wood. My shaking hand grabs the ball and nervously throws it out wondering what I may have caught. Out comes a mighty Absol that has many cut marks and scratches covering it?s weary body. I took no time in recalling it and runs to the pokemon center on the other side of the island.

***End Flashback***

?We are going to Hunuckuu!? I answered the earlier question of my now sleeping companion. I sighed and walked towards the phone. After dialing a few numbers and brown haired boy answered the phone.

?Jirurodo!? I called. The man seemed to have rushed to the phone cause he was holding alien boxers in his left had and had no shirt on. I blushed and so did he.

?Uh...hi.? He stuttered.

?Do you mind putting your shirt back on?? I asked. Jirurodo absent mindedly but his boxers over his head like a hat and didn?t notice at all.

?Better?? He exclaimed. I stifled a giggle and then wondered if he knew this happened.

?What?s on your mind?? I wondered out loud.

?Thinking about the trip and...um...Sora? He mumbled scratching the back of his neck. He and I both know what he said, but I was the one in complete shock. I couldn?t imagine how stupid I looked after that.

?So...when are we leaving?? I suddenly said breaking the weird silence surrounding us.

"Ask Nanashi! She's here now." Jiruroda motioned behind him.
    A blonde straight haired girl appeared in front of Jirurodo. She had a short pink dress on with hibiscious flowers on it. I felt a lump get stuck in my throat.

'Why would she be there?' and 'Why is he wearing that when she's there' crossed my mind like a subway train. I got enough courage to ask a few minutes later. "What are you doing there?"

"Helping him pack...what else?" She smirked. I suddenly hated that girl more than before if at all possible.

"When are we going?" I sighed bowing my head in defeat.

"We are going to meet up in front of Sora's house in 20 minutes."

I hung up the phone. I wondered why Sora didn't tell me this an hour ago when we first talked and how she'd react when seeing Jirurodo and Nanashi going to her house...together.

"Abusoru!" I called waking up my cranky Absol. I should have known better than to have woken her up for she bit me. "OWW!" I screeched as she pulled the fangs out of my leg.

"Ab...sol." Abusora obediently sorrowed backing away. I winced when I touch the scratch. There was gooey blood running down my leg, staining my socks.

"Crap!" I replied walking over to a the ball shaped dresser. I opened it pulling out a first aid spray. After sterilizing the wound and wrapping clothe around it I left, duffel bag in hand. As I walked down the dirty sidewalk to Sora's I wonder why my mom wasn't home.

'Was she out with a boyfriend or something?' I asked myself. Yep, a few years after my dad died when I was 7 she's been dating. It's the weirdest thing to see though.

"KATANA!" I hear a perky voice yell. I look up and saw I was at Sora's house. Nanashi was the one who yelled and Jirurodo was nowhere in site.

"Where's everyone?" I asked looking around.

"Jirurodo is on the boat waiting for us." Sora explained picking up a pink backpack. Nanashi followed suit, picking up her own purple purse.

"Where's the docks?" I asked. I have lived in this town my whole life and still couldn't find the docks. You would think they'd be located near the beach, but they put it in some shack I've never seen.

"Follow me!" Nanashi intelligently stated walking off onto the road where surprisingly no one was driving on. We followed only because she was the only one that knew where it was.

***15 minutes later***

"We're here!" Sora exclaimed running up and kissing the rotten wood building. I gave a disgusted look and walked to Jirurodo who was waiting for us by one of the boats. He changed his outfit since I first saw him, he had baggy jeans on and a tight black shirt.

"Hey!" I called waving my hand like a little girl who finally sees her parents after 3 weeks of summer camp.

"Did you tell..." He whispered in my ear when I finally got up to him.

"No, not at all." I interrupted at normal voice level if not higher.

"Ready to go?" Sora asked already on the boat with Nanashi. A blue head with a cloud under the neck was flying above Sora. I noticed it was Areutaria, her Altaria. By Nanashi was a black snake with big poisonous fangs. This was Sebiperu, her Seviper.

"Where's you pokemon?" Nanashi said in a gloating tone. I remember putting Absol in her poke ball before leaving.

"Here." I stated. A red and white ball appeared in my hand. I thrusted it backwards calling, "Abusora...GO!" After the red light Abusora appeared happily running in circles. Abusora started sniffing around Jirurodo's legs and a cute blue bird flew over his head. It was Tairobu, his Tailow.

"Come on down...it won't hurt." He said in a calming manner. Tairobu flew down and landed on a metal pipe sticking out of the starboard of the ship.

"Let's go!" I said captaining the ship to the new region.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • A new region is always a change from the traditional and OU Kanto/Johto (not as common, but still used)/Hoenn. Orange Islands are rarely used, but at least you decided to do a new region. Be wary though - you'll have to make everything up from scratch, and that's not easy feat. If you're willing to do it - then all the best.

There were times when you switched from past to present tenses all in one sentence. You started in present, then switched to past, then present, and it became sort of like an ongoing tennis match to be honest. Decide which one you want to use and stick with it. I suggest past, since you are describing things that have happened, and are not happening whilst the reader reads it...

Well... if you sort out your present/past mix-ups, you should be fine ^_^

Back