• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kanto Lover's ides for Spliced

Years
  • My fic's main plot is essentially a massive war in Kanto on four fronts.

(1) Giovanni (ex-TR leader), Lt. Surge, Koga, Sabrina and Blaine (ex-TR commanders) try and learn why Kantonian scientists have created cloned Pokémon and, more importantly, who funded the project.

(2) A new leader has taken over Giovanni's old position in Team Rocket and has enforced a curfew of 9pm at night that residents have to be back in their houses. The citizens of Kanto want to stage a rebellion, but are intimidated by the curfew.

(3) Trainers from all over Kanto fight Team Rocket all of the time, but not all of them are victorious. Three trainers, however, prove to be thorns in TR's side from the very beginning. The Kantonian Police and Defence forces help these three trainers every time.

(4) Last, but not least, the looming war of the legends. Thanks to the mysterious ancient rules, human Chosen will fight against each other, as do the legends themselves. If a Chosen becomes mortally wounded, their Chosen legendary's fate is connected to that of the human's.

A list of ideas:

(1) I will be using Pokémon counterparts rather than real life cousins, so to speak. For example, the police force will ride specially trained Rapidash and their dog squad will consist of varied canines, such as Mightyena and Houndoom, instead of just plain Growlithe and Arcanine.

The defence force will use Pokémon such as Machamp, Rhydon, Alakazam, Scyther and numerous other creatures who've been trained with military skill to protect the region and its citizens.

(2) After having a conversation with ShinjisLover (aka SL) on Yahoo a number of weeks ago, and after much, much consideration, I have decided to initially begin my fanfiction with the trainer trio not having a clue on what their starters are saying to them. Not long after the friendship begins to show, then I'll get the Pokéspeech underway.

(3) A Sinnoh trainer will join the ranks of the Kantonian Chosen later in the story, complete with his own team of Sinnoh-based Pokémon. But I'd like to get peoples' opinions first, on what they think of this development.

(4) In trying to get back to their home region, a group of Johton trainers end up stranded in Kanto after a bomb explodes under the Magnet Train, ripping the train in two.

Because I didn't want this post to be too long, I didn't add too many points. If you'd like more information, just VM me and I'll describe things in more detail.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • My fic's main plot is essentially a massive war in Kanto on four fronts.
    What an interesting plot. I would like to read what'll happen soon.

(1) Giovanni (ex-TR leader), Lt. Surge, Koga, Sabrina and Blaine (ex-TR commanders) try and learn why Kantonian scientists have created cloned Pokémon and, more importantly, who funded the project.
    Hmm? Why is Blaine a Team Rocket Commander? Does this also mean that Giovanni is helping the Gym Leaders?

(2) A new leader has taken over Giovanni's old position in Team Rocket and has enforced a curfew of 9pm at night that residents have to be back in their houses. The citizens of Kanto want to stage a rebellion, but are intimidated by the curfew.
    I don't really know how this would relate to the other plot with scientists and cloning.

(3) Trainers from all over Kanto fight Team Rocket all of the time, but not all of them are victorious.
    Word.

Three trainers, however, prove to be thorns in TR's side from the very beginning. The Kantonian Police and Defence forces help these three trainers every time.
    Hmm, would you like to tell us who these trainers are, or are they just made-up ones?

(4) Last, but not least, the looming war of the legends. Thanks to the mysterious ancient rules, human Chosen will fight against each other, as do the legends themselves. If a Chosen becomes mortally wounded, their Chosen legendary's fate is connected to that of the human's.
    Human chosen? Do you mean "Chosen Human"? Again, three different plots in one story?

A list of ideas:

(1) I will be using Pokémon counterparts rather than real life cousins, so to speak. For example, the police force will ride specially trained Rapidash and their dog squad will consist of varied canines, such as Mightyena and Houndoom, instead of just plain Growlithe and Arcanine.

The defence force will use Pokémon such as Machamp, Rhydon, Alakazam, Scyther and numerous other creatures who've been trained with military skill to protect the region and its citizens.
    I hope you will include more varieties of Pokémons to help out. ;O

(2) After having a conversation with ShinjisLover (aka SL) on Yahoo a number of weeks ago, and after much, much consideration, I have decided to initially begin my fanfiction with the trainer trio not having a clue on what their starters are saying to them. Not long after the friendship begins to show, then I'll get the Pokéspeech underway.
    Wait, the starter Pokémon is able to speak?

(3) A Sinnoh trainer will join the ranks of the Kantonian Chosen later in the story, complete with his own team of Sinnoh-based Pokémon. But I'd like to get peoples' opinions first, on what they think of this development.
    I think that this should be Kanto-exclusive. However, if you really want Sinnoh trainers involved, then make them got to Kanto by the S.S Anne before it was raided.

(4) In trying to get back to their home region, a group of Johton trainers end up stranded in Kanto after a bomb explodes under the Magnet Train, ripping the train in two.
    This, however, I approve. It make sense.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
  • ...have you read my fic, by any chance? Sorry if you have no idea what I'm talking about, but I just found it striking that apparently this both has a cloning subplot, a looming "war of the legends" with mysterious, ancient origins, and people (although mine are Pokémon) being "Chosen" by particular legendaries. o_O I suppose it could be a coincidence - cloning subplots and people chosen by legendaries are clichés that are all over the place, of course - but I really can't say I have seen legendary wars that occur for mysterious reasons without the legendaries having any conscious disagreements anywhere else before as far as I can recall.

Well, in any case, since you commented on the trainers not being able to communicate with their Pokémon when they start out, I infer that they're beginning trainers - kids or teenagers with weak Pokémon - which begs the question of precisely how they are a thorn in Team Rocket's side. Team Rocket would have powerful Pokémon they have been training for years - how much of a threat could some random beginning trainers honestly pose to them? And how much could these trainers really do that all of the police and defense forces can't? Unless they are Chosen by legendaries and get special überpowers for it, which will set off Sue-alarms like whoa. It could theoretically be done well, but it's both a rather tired cliché and is very likely to make the characters unreasonably powerful.

I'm also scratching my head over the curfew you mentioned. How does Team Rocket have the power to enforce a curfew in an entire region? Surely, in order to enforce it, they would have to have their grunts walking around all over the place for the whole night, making them easy prey for the police if they just put all officers on watch. It's not a matter of "rebellion"; Team Rocket isn't the government. They're just a crime syndicate that really should not have any power over ordinary people when there is a government with police and defense forces around.

What is the point of enforcing a curfew, anyway? How does it serve Team Rocket's goals? It seems like a very arbitrary thing for them to do.

Back