• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why not hack games other then pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
  • I AM SO MISUNDERSTOOD...

I was bored... then I thought. Why do people on this site hack mainly pokemon games?
    (of course its called pokecommunity)

Any thoughts people?

oh and if you have hack a game other then pokemon why not post it and ill put it in the first post to show other people it possible to hack other games.
    (of course its possible but lets show them.)

yeswecan.png
    - Gamer2020

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I was bored... then I thought. Why do people on this site hack mainly pokemon games?
    (of course its called pokecommunity)

Any thoughts people?

oh and if you have hack a game other then pokemon why not post it and ill put it in the first post to show other people it possible to hack other games.
    (of course its possible but lets show them.)

We have Pokémon games here because: a) it's the PokéCommunity; b) Pokémon games are significantly easy to emulate and hack; c) they're generally one of the most unique game concepts around, and it's easy to manipulate into anything; d) Pokémon games are awesome.

Any questions?
    ---
    Also, plenty of people hack other games, like the Mario series. There are tons of hacks on those. You might also find some interesting things here, too.

Years
  • Lots of other games are hacked. Search for Metroid hacks, Zelda hacks, Donkey Kong hacks, Final Fantasy hacks, Megaman hacks, and others. The reason why you don't see any hacks of other games here at PC, is because most people here are far to reliant on hacker created tools and the people who probably could do the work and figure out how to hack a different game are either too lazy, or are quite happy just hacking Pokemon.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • We have Pokémon games here because: a) it's the PokéCommunity; b) Pokémon games are significantly easy to emulate and hack; c) they're generally one of the most unique game concepts around, and it's easy to manipulate into anything; d) Pokémon games are awesome.

Any questions?
    ---
    Also, plenty of people hack other games, like the Mario series. There are tons of hacks on those. You might also find some interesting things here, too.

Well actually I think at this point all gba games are easy to emulate.

Lots of other games are hacked. Search for Metroid hacks, Zelda hacks, Donkey Kong hacks, Final Fantasy hacks, Megaman hacks, and others. The reason why you don't see any hacks of other games here at PC, is because most people here are far to reliant on hacker created tools and the people who probably could do the work and figure out how to hack a different game are either too lazy, or are quite happy just hacking Pokemon.

Yeah I figured as much. If it werent for all the tools that exist I doubt as many people would hack pokemon.

snap12

Billie Jean is not my lover
    Years
  • haha dude this is pokecommunity! we looooove pokemon and we love to hack it!

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
    Years
  • Yes but that doesnt mean someone can't post up a hack that isnt based on a pokemon game.

Some do. It's just that people don't pay that much attention to them, because of the Pokemon part of Pokemon Community. And since people don't see those hacks as popular around here, they don't play them and decide to make their own.

And yeah, Pokemon is awesome to hack. So many possibilities...

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Some do. It's just that people don't pay that much attention to them, because of the Pokemon part of Pokemon Community. And since people don't see those hacks as popular around here, they don't play them and decide to make their own.

And yeah, Pokemon is awesome to hack. So many possibilities...
    Yeah I guess...
    Like I said in the first post I was just bored...

Sleepwalker

Some Kind Of Monster
    Years
  • I was hacking Fire Emblem: Fuuin no Tsurugi about a year ago, but I stopped over time and forgot about it. I could bring it back... but its another project...

Anyways. The Pokémon series are easy to hack with all of these tools. But there are a lot of tools for other games, but you have to look hard, search the right words, and you'll eventually find it.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Ohdayum! Someone just happened to steal my thunder.

I'm hacking Fire Emblem right now, but it's got little progress (my hack, that is) so there's little to show.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • It's a Pokemon Forum, so we hack Pokemon games. We also have all the tools required to hack Pokemon games, so that's why everyone here hacks just Pokemon games. There are other hacks here, it's just that most of the tools offered are related to Pokemon games, and so everyone just hacks them.

ExitWound

Boggle
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    This is a good question... I would like to see a hack of Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Cobi's Journey/Tara's Adventure. I love those games =] =]

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • Well, they're hacked because they're the easiest to hack. Most of the hex data and script commands have been identified and people have learnt to to manipulate them. Combined with the tools made, Pokemon games are the easiest to hack.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • Well, I used to Hack Megaman Battle Network months ago, but I gave up because there aren't a lot of tools to use. I have to read through Hex and boy, do I hate them!!!

Well, hacking Pokemon is a million times better, mainly there are bunches of tools without having to look through Hex, so it's better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back