• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HP Mini Netbook

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
Years
  • Have any of you used one? I'm thinking of getting one, and the one I'm looking at is pretty nice, but I'm wondering if they're worth it.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • If you have the money, go for it. If you don't, I recommend the Acer Aspire One. Its specifications aren't as great, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
  • Well I don't have the money, but it won't take me long at all to save up for it. And thanks for your advice.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • No problem =)
    Personally, I believe that you should get the Acer Aspire One. It's smaller, more compact and is cheaper. There's also the Asus EeePC, which is cheaper than the HP Mini and has the same specs.

Years
  • Depends on what you would be running on it and using it for.
    I know everyone can say that, but it really does.

If you want something to be portable and to run the basic of programs. IE, Word. Then I would go with an EEEPC. They are decent and cheap.

If you need something with more power, go for the HP that you have seen.

My guess, from your original choice, is that you want portability?

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Depends on what you would be running on it and using it for.
    I know everyone can say that, but it really does.

If you want something to be portable and to run the basic of programs. IE, Word. Then I would go with an EEEPC. They are decent and cheap.

If you need something with more power, go for the HP that you have seen.

My guess, from your original choice, is that you want portability?
    On the other hand, if you've never used a Windows computer before, I'd actually recommend the Linux version of the EeePC. Personally, I hate the default interface it uses (I just wiped it and reinstalled with Arch), but it's so simple that even the users I'm forced to work with understand it. Though they still somehow end up checking "Work Offline" on Firefox. :tired:

Don't expect to use anything that wasn't included with the computer unless you've got a friend that knows Linux, though.

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    I have an HP 2133.

I upgraded the ram to 2GB and installed Windows XP. It's perfect.

Back