• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Darren Shan

Years
  • So, a while back, my friend was telling me about "The Saga of Darren Shan" and how it was like a vampire horror mixed with almost an anime style adventure tone to it. I just finished reading the third book (Tunnels of Blood) and I'm really enjoying it so far.

Has anyone else read it and if so, did they enjoy it? Which one's the best?

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Yeah, I've read the entire sage. Um... the best is either Tunnels of Blood or Sons of Destiny; they're both notable for their gripping plot and the sense that all hope is gone.

To be honest, Mister Shan's Demonata saga is much better. Read that after you finish the vampire book(s).

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Darren Shan is one of my favourite book series. The Vampire series is better than the Demonata, imo. I was dissapointed with the last few Demonata books. Although the first 3 Demonata books were a lot better than the Vampire ones.
    The Vampire series gets a lot more epic in the final 3 books.

Years
  • I'll continue reading them then, thanks guys. :3

My friend told me the Vampire series is better than the Demon series (No surprise, vampires are effing cool) but I'll end up reading them all anyway so, whatever.

Last edited:

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
  • Demonata and CDF are both great! But yeah, I love CDF. Evra Von and Vancha March FTW!
    My favorite book's in CDF would be Vampire's Assistant and Tunnel's of Blood. The last three books... oh man... I hated what happened in .... the 10th book, that was really shocking tho, Steve was awesome... his mental health aside >_>;;;

I've only read, like the first 2 books of Demonata, and so far, I adore Dervish, freakin awesome...
    Lord Loss is a badass too, his pets... I want one XDD

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Both series are good in their own ways. The Demonata series is more first person, on the spot situations. Whereas the Vampire series is a bit more third person. I suggest you read the all of the books, since it is amazing. I think there are alot of twists in the story line and you'll enjoy the Vampire series.

I've read all of the books up-to-date and bought them all :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    The City Book Trilogy are his best ones, imo. (I forgot they were actually written by him, as he uses the pen name 'D.B. Shan'.)
    They are aimed towards a slightly more mature audience. There's a lot more violence in these books and the story line is more complex. The main plot is about a murder investigation, with a few underlying supernatural themes aswell. The first book is called 'Procession of the Dead', for anyone who is interested.

Back