PDA

View Full Version : [PG-13] Gangs

Owl
August 31st, 2009, 01:57 PM
ages 13 and over

Gangs
Most of you people have heard of them, but mainly in North America. If you don't know what it is please read here (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/gangs).

Have you ever had a confrontation with a Gang member? Does your school talk about Gangs? Is there Gangs in your neighborhood?

With me, I grew up with gangs since I could walk, there are Gangs everywhere. Shootings sometimes happen and I lost one of my friends in one. I lot another 2 in Gang fights. Crips took the lives of 3 of my best friends. Have you lost anyone in Gang related things?

I have hung out with, been friends with, or become mortal enimes with most of the major Gangs.
Like so:
Latin Kings
Crips
Bloods
MS-13
Maniacs
Locos
GD

And many others.

Gangs are sometimes a daily things that some people deal with.

I have been asked to join some Gangs but I refused, I was even offered to be Blessed into (http://faculty.missouristate.edu/M/MichaelCarlie/what_I_learned_about/GANGS/join_a_gang.htm) the latin kings.

Have any of you guys been in Gang Conflict? What is your opnion on them? Discuss.

Gold warehouse
August 31st, 2009, 02:06 PM
Yeah I was totally a member of the Ghetto Boys, I've been in a few shoot outs, nothing too major though.
Now I'm in Harry's gang, the meanest posse around; don't worry though, we only fight nasty people.

Yoshimi
August 31st, 2009, 02:07 PM
Nope to both, thankfully.
I don't want to be involved in those gangs, but stuff like "crips" and "bloods" seems just like what the kids at my school want to be. It's really stupid, because they seem to be full of idiots way over their head. Of course, this IS a gang. Why no triad?

WTF Missouri state?

Alinthea
August 31st, 2009, 02:26 PM
I am in a bad ass gang.
We beat up kids in parks and rob old ladies at knife point.

I am so cool.

We are called the "ATATATATATATA Boys"

Lady Gaga
August 31st, 2009, 02:32 PM
I kind of hate how everybody is making a joke of this, but now, i have not encountered a gang before, and I dont want to.
Nobody here is going to say yes, you understand that. Us Pokefreaks are not that bad.

Owl
August 31st, 2009, 02:36 PM
Please everyone with is no joke, I just wanted to see if anyone is experiencing it and what they talk about it in school.

Jordan
August 31st, 2009, 02:40 PM
I have been asked to join some Gangs but I refused, I was even offered to be Blessed into (http://faculty.missouristate.edu/M/MichaelCarlie/what_I_learned_about/GANGS/join_a_gang.htm) the latin kings.

Have any of you guys been in Gang Conflict? What is your opnion on them? Discuss.

Thumbs up for citing a university source (b'.')b

Lucky for me, I live in fairly safe and suburban cities, rarely venturing into the dark turfs of town or even downtown. That's not to say that shady figures don't appear around the school, but they mostly didn't directly confront me.

Benadryl
August 31st, 2009, 02:45 PM
I was in a gang, but I left because it was just a glorified position with no perks.

Åzurε
August 31st, 2009, 03:38 PM
Jeez, gangs? If I ever encounter one, I'd rather be a wuss and alert the police before trying to reason with them. Not that I would usually have a chance to, but that's why I have a nice big knife...

I haven't noticed anything like that really, the worst we've had are small-town taggers and one robbery when nobody was at that house, but the abandoned shacks nearby don't inspire confidence.

Citrinin
August 31st, 2009, 04:10 PM
Luckily, I've never encountered a gang - we live in a safe neighbourhood.

Devil's Guitarist
August 31st, 2009, 04:17 PM
I'm with the Pokegang HAHAHAAH come on! you are only 14...go watch power rangers kid

Shem
August 31st, 2009, 04:45 PM
Well, I live in a smaller town in a rural area, so we don't have any gangs, however, we have alot of kids who think that they live in "the hood" and about three of them claim to be gang, but about the worst thing they ever did was do some mediocre grafiti on someone's garage.

Timbjerr
August 31st, 2009, 05:25 PM
My high school was a thriving cesspool of gang activity, mostly the Latin Kings, but some of teh Blods and teh Crips too... Using common sense, I stayed out of their way. ^_^;;

HyPeRsHoCk
August 31st, 2009, 07:05 PM
Fortunately not. However, if I did. I'd react Clint Eastwood style! Lol.

Vyro
August 31st, 2009, 07:10 PM
No gangs for me! But I own a company. We're working on a DsiWare game.

Esper
August 31st, 2009, 07:39 PM
Although people talked and acted like there was a huge gang problem where I grew up, there was usually nothing worse than the occasional robbery. Of course, any city large enough is going to have shootings and murder to some degree.

I've heard from friends who grew up in Cerritos (yeah, not exactly Compton) that they had to learn which colors not to wear when they went out and that in school learning to stay safe from gangs was given as much emphasis as earthquake safety.

I'm sorry to hear that you've lost friends. You have my sympathy. Gangs are one of those problems that befuddle me. I haven't the first clue how they might be stopped. Lots of people have tried, but the problem persists and people keep getting sucked into the unending cycle of retribution.

Harley Quinn
August 31st, 2009, 10:48 PM
New Zealand is gang central in the Pacific. Every day you hear stories about a shooting or arrest, everywhere in New Zealand. Theres hundreds of huge gangs and 1000's of small ones (from the Killer Bees to the Mongrel Mob). A city recently banned gangs from it's limits, if you were found that you were a gang member, you would be fined $10,000. $10,000. Thats how much half of the member make in two years, let alone having to pay it within a month. Ugh.

thorn96
September 1st, 2009, 12:39 AM
I haven't lost a friend to a gang... not yet, anyway. I live in a part of Australia where there are a few gangs, and one of my friends is being threatened because his big bro is apparently part of one of the bigger ones, although it might also be because they just don't like him. He's already been bashed up and left with a broken nose.

Also, there was a thing on the news where two high school gangs started a fight about a chair (I know, WTF?) and ended up killing a year 9 because he got in the way.

It's ridiculous. Something has to be done about this mindless violence, because people are getting killed!

Mitchman
September 1st, 2009, 12:47 AM
Never had been in a gang when I was in the states mostly because I was still young. I have seen though many gang wars in the streets but not too much. Over here we don't have gangs like that we just have a bunch of kids who are friends that just want to cause trouble.

thorn96
September 1st, 2009, 12:50 AM
I'm with the Pokegang HAHAHAAH come on! you are only 14...go watch power rangers kid

I REALLY hope you're joking. C'mon, it's 3 years difference. Get over it, coz this is a serious subject.

(That wasn't a flame. Just saying.)

.little monster
September 1st, 2009, 02:34 AM
I've talked to some before but since I am pretty neutral in real life towards everything I never make enemies. People do talk about them in my school. There are gangs in my city.

Nuke
September 1st, 2009, 02:42 AM
Gangs like that no. But there are always 'Gangs' of chavs going around.

I think in my area they're just following the fashion though, they never really do anything.

♣Gawain♣
September 1st, 2009, 08:32 AM
Gangs are totally pointless to me. Mostly, they wreck havoc to other innocent people. Unless the gang's intention are good, they're just nuisance to me.

And sometimes, they're pushovers.

dc_united
September 1st, 2009, 01:55 PM
Where I live, we only have Bloods and Blood 'affiliates' (i.e. people who are too scared to join the Bloods, but ape the 'thug life') most of them also happen to talk big game, but end up terrorizing middle schoolers.

My only experience with them was some affiliate who started talking big game to me in the bathroom at school. I walked up to him and he started whining about how it was just a joke and why do people take 'this s*** so serious'

Kura
September 1st, 2009, 04:20 PM
I try to avoid that kind of stuff, and thankfully have never really been close to any of that. :/ I hate violence and even swearing.
I hate vices.

Consider myself a nerd so.. :/ I don't really get involved with the club scene either. I've been invited to a few clubs (clean) by my cousins and stuff for their birthdays.. it was alright but that sort of social stuff isn't my taste.

._. I'm like.. afraid of anything that shoots. Even BBguns.. or staple-guns.. or even flinging elastic tends to get me to cover my eyes and run away.
:/

Edit..

:/ Apparently I do have relatives in the Mafia in Italy and in Boston, though.. ._.
And there are a LOT of gangs downtown where I live (Toronto.)

Samme!
September 1st, 2009, 04:24 PM
I heard that there was a Latino Gang that liked to "hang" out at the local Walmart... never encountered them though

Rich Boy Rob
September 2nd, 2009, 01:09 AM
There's no real gangs round here, but we have a few groups of druggies and/or people who wished they were American gang members who get into trouble over drugs, petty theft and the like. The only connection I've had with them is that I used to be best friends with someone who is now one of those druggie/gang member wannabes. The most contact we get out of each other now is the odd awkward nod.

Mukkamoto
September 2nd, 2009, 04:34 AM
Gangs are for the weak. Simply can't do things by themselves and form a group looking badass, which they all fail to do :/

The Scientist
September 2nd, 2009, 04:50 PM
I don't know if you would call it a "gang" per se... but I did band together with some guys once and we both raided a Tube car and stole a boat.

jigglypuff_96
September 6th, 2009, 08:49 PM
I never met a gang before and I never will. I live near toronto and there are a lot of gangs there and shootings. I get scared sometimes, because I think they will come to my town.

Guillermo
September 7th, 2009, 03:15 AM
You're 14 and you're best friends with like, 5 gangs? Get real.

Yes, I've encountered gangs. Some of my friends are in them, but never have I been asked to join one. If I was, I'd decline. I know a lot of gangs, however.

BJ088
September 7th, 2009, 03:19 AM
Percentage, at the age of 14 you have been associated with (in any shape or form) with all of those gangs you listed? That is some scary stuff right there pal.

MS-13, that one caught my eye. Seen heaps of documentaries on them and they are by far the worst gang I have ever seen.

Virtual Chatot
September 7th, 2009, 04:43 AM
I was approached by a white kid who thought he was black and was offered some marijuana at my school.

Closest I've ever come XD;

*and no, I didn't take it...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
September 7th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I would never join one since the way to get into a gang are so horrible. Sometimes you have to kill someone to get into the gang or the whole gang (of that area not the whole bloods or LK) will have to kick your ass and then you enter the gang

:t354:TG

MrSasquatch
September 8th, 2009, 05:24 AM
FSU is a gang in the hardcore community and I hate them with a passion.

>Feelings<
September 8th, 2009, 05:38 AM
14 year olds encountering gangs? I'm sorry, but I can't believe whatever you said about gang members killing people you know.
The police would obviously do something, and moreover the state.