• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I wish smoking wasn't habit forming.

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
Years
  • Because it looks ****ing cool.

Statistics and science prove that 1 or 2 cigarettes every once in a while (like, monthly) cause little to no long term effects on the body WHAT SO EVER.

So, I think it'd be nice to just be able to light up and get that reliefy feel...just everyone once in a while...kind of like having a glass of wine or a bottle of beer on occasions.

Weed can go die, though.

BJ088

It's been so long!
    Years
  • Yeah I'm not a big fan of weed at all.
    Ciggies on the other hand, been smoking since I was 16. I've attempted to quit 3 or 4 times and yeah, no luck yet haha

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    It doesn't look cool.
    It makes you stink; it makes your teeth yellow and your breath reekk. It also makes you taste like an ashtray; so there'll be nobody kissing you.
    It's gross. And shows you have a pretty low IQ to want to voluntarily damage yourself to "look cool"; when you don't~

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • I never have and never will smoke a cigarette. I have respiratory problems enough, thank you very much, no matter how many statistics and whatnot you throw at me I still won't pick up a 'cancer stick'.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Because it looks ****ing cool.

Statistics and science prove that 1 or 2 cigarettes every once in a while (like, monthly) cause little to no long term effects on the body WHAT SO EVER.

So, I think it'd be nice to just be able to light up and get that reliefy feel...just everyone once in a while...kind of like having a glass of wine or a bottle of beer on occasions.

Weed can go die, though.

Smoking a few a month may not give you any health problems, however you can get addicted quickly. Hence you'd start to smoke more. This will then lead to problems.

Also 1 Cigarette is more than enough to give you Lung Cancer (even though the possibilities are very very low)

So smoking to look is just plain stupid.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    If you think you can keep it under control then go ahead.

But weed is a much better choice.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • It doesn't look cool.
    It makes you stink; it makes your teeth yellow and your breath reekk. It also makes you taste like an ashtray; so there'll be nobody kissing you.
    It's gross. And shows you have a pretty low IQ to want to voluntarily damage yourself to "look cool"; when you don't~

...as opinionated as ever eh, Sarah? XD

For the first time in an official PC thread, I agree with Sarah. Aside from everything she mentioned, you also get a significantly higher chance of getting cancer when you smoke anything. o_0

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't get the point of this. Is the thread creator trying to promote smoking as basically harmless? if so, lol lies. :[

Neverrr gonna try cigarettes because I know the damage they do, statistics make no difference to me~

Years
  • Because it looks ****ing cool.

Weed can go die, though.

Try living with smokers... it'll change your opinion of cigarettes pretty quickly.

I can barely stand to be at my aunt's for more than six hours because of the cigarette smoke. It's got a terrible odor. And I often leave their places smelling like cigarette smoke because of how it permeates throughout their house.

Trust me, it's not that cool, and it ruins the quality of life for you and those around you.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2009
    Generally I find it disgusting and I personally would never do it but I know a girl who looks like a seductress when she smokes.

LEXAcide

That 1 Guy
    Years
  • If you think you can keep it under control then go ahead.

^ this ^

I personally dont Smoke ANYTHING although i have tried both, weed and cigarettes. I was a stupid kid at the time though xD. And I dont think it looks cool. I will however drink Socially. Although i still prefer ma' Dr Pepper LOL

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    It doesn't look cool.

I agree with this post completely.
    If you think smoking makes you look 'cool', you're badly mistaken, lol.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I somewhat laugh at the people that have asthma and they decide to smoke, i dont know why I laugh. But I would never smoke because I have mild asthma and whoever else that has respiratory problems and they smoke really need to get punched in the face and need to go to the mental institute

:t354:TG

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
    Years
  • I never have and never will smoke a cigarette. I have respiratory problems enough, thank you very much, no matter how many statistics and whatnot you throw at me I still won't pick up a 'cancer stick'.
    Okay. Thats cool. I totally respect that. But how about you answer something relevant to my thread?

Smoking a few a month may not give you any health problems, however you can get addicted quickly. Hence you'd start to smoke more. This will then lead to problems.

Also 1 Cigarette is more than enough to give you Lung Cancer (even though the possibilities are very very low)

So smoking to look is just plain stupid.
    Did you read my OP at ALL!? I said, I WISH it wasn't habit forming, in which case, I would smoke one or two a month on occasions! Your post is NOT valid. I wouldn't start smoking more or get addicted, because this is hypothetical to a world where smoking isn't habit forming!

Very very low. Yeah, from one cigarette it's practically one in several million.

If you think you can keep it under control then go ahead.

You have to be kidding me, ANOTHER person didn't read the thread at all? I said I wish it wasn't habit forming, and implied that in which case, I would smoke on occasion.

For the first time in an official PC thread, I agree with Sarah. Aside from everything she mentioned, you also get a significantly higher chance of getting cancer when you smoke anything. o_0
    By significantley, you mean not very significantley? It's the same as all the **** that came happen to your liver by drinking.

I don't get the point of this. Is the thread creator trying to promote smoking as basically harmless? if so, lol lies. :[

Neverrr gonna try cigarettes because I know the damage they do, statistics make no difference to me~
    WHAT!? Wait wait,
    WHAT!? I am NOT saying it's harmless! Where did you get that from!? I'm saying if it wasn't habit forming, I would smoke on occasion because there would be no long term damage, and it would just be a simple pleasure every once in a while like a glass of wine with dinner!
    And...you know the damage they do, yet statistics, which explain the damage they do using realistic numbers and science make no-- You know what? Nevermind.

Try living with smokers... it'll change your opinion of cigarettes pretty quickly.

I can barely stand to be at my aunt's for more than six hours because of the cigarette smoke. It's got a terrible odor. And I often leave their places smelling like cigarette smoke because of how it permeates throughout their house.

Trust me, it's not that cool, and it ruins the quality of life for you and those around you.
    Lawl. My Mom is a heavy smoker. Smoked with me in the womb. Maybe it's why I'm so short?
    In my perfect world where smoking isn't addictive, I close the door and then febreeze the room when I'm done. Again, long term, just having one on occasion, probably wouldn't ruin the quality of life for anybody.
    Unless of course I smoke it backwards.

Generally I find it disgusting and I personally would never do it but I know a girl who looks like a seductress when she smokes.
    Testimony, hahaha. See all of you people saying it doesn't look cool? Some people have different opinions. ;p
    I agree with this post completely.
    If you think smoking makes you look 'cool', you're badly mistaken, lol.
    It's my opinion. Plus, in my perfect world where smoking isn't addictive, it probably wouldn't be looked at so horribley if it was just an occasional thing for most people, and not an addictive cancer deathstick. And if they still thought it looked trashy, I could just retort that drinking looks just as bad.

It doesn't look cool.
    Hey, I love Blink 182!
    Anyway, it doesn't look cool in your opinion. Thats nice.
    It makes you smell like smoke, yes, thank you for the brilliant observation. I didn't know that! My teeth would not be yellow. Did you not read my post too!? I said I WISH IT WASNT HABIT FORMING SO I COULD DO IT AS AN OCCASIONAL THING. Next thing, If I planned on kissing my wife or something after/during one of those occasions, I'd be sure to keep some breath spray handy. But I'd probably do it alone on those occasions, either way I'm fine.
    Like I said, if it was an occasional thing I wouldn't be damaging myself as statistics show.
    It takes a pretty low IQ to voluntarily post such an oppinionated, poison tongued post without even comprehending what the OP was talking about. How about you try again and post something relevant to what I was trying to say, instead of just look all righteous and mature with your "smoking is evulll!!!!!" attitude and trying to make me look like some sort of Satan.

And no folks, I'm not Aaron Eckhart.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    WHAT!? Wait wait,
    WHAT!? I am NOT saying it's harmless! Where did you get that from!? I'm saying if it wasn't habit forming, I would smoke on occasion because there would be no long term damage, and it would just be a simple pleasure every once in a while like a glass of wine with dinner!

Anyway, it doesn't look cool in your opinion. Thats nice.

Okay, what? If the entire point of the thread was to say, 'I wish smoking wasn't bad for you, but it is, oh well,' what exactly counts as a VALID REPLY? As far as I can see, nothing.

And then, what? First you say it's awesome, then you say it's unhealthy, but then you imply that you think it's cool.

I'm all confused.

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
    Years
  • Okay, what? If the entire point of the thread was to say, 'I wish smoking wasn't bad for you, but it is, oh well,' what exactly counts as a VALID REPLY? As far as I can see, nothing.

And then, what? First you say it's awesome, then you say it's unhealthy, but then you imply that you think it's cool.

I'm all confused.

O no eets rekky to destroy my thredd!!

A valid reply would be an opinion on my thoughts, like for instance

"Oh I agree, I might think about it then, but I don't becuase I don't want to get out of control and possibly end up with cancer"

I never said it would be awesome. And it is unhealthy, but it would be awesome if I could smoke on occasion without haivng to worry about forming a habit. Like cigars.

So l2 understand what I'm saying. Or you can keep bashing me and making me look like an idiot. Wevs ;p

Back