• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

8th Movie and what it has to do with DS

AdamHays

Banned
Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    8th Pokemon Movie Next Summer & Special Nintendo DS Feature!

-10/07/04-

The next Pokemon movie, making it the 8th Pokemon movie, will be released in Summer 2005, in Japan. The movie is big news, but there are also plans to make the movie even more special. Nintendo plans to offer a new service during the movie in theaters, which allows movie goers to download various things to their game by using the wireless technology built in to the Nintendo DS.

"You just need to bring the DS and one of the Pokemon software for Game Boy Advance and you'll be downloading some unique Pokemon data while you watch the movie," Satoru Iwata said, who is President of Nintendo. Nintendo DS is compatible with all GBA games, just to clarify what Iwata said there.

Nintendo On It's Own For Movies?

Also being talked about is the possibility that Nintendo might make animated movies by itself, and not make them along side with other partner companies.

"We'll decide whether we would do it or not by the end of December," Iwata said.

Information from: Pokemonelite2000

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • Which of course means that the movie will be released straight to video, so English viewers will never get this chance. :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Aw, man... That's not fair. Japan gets all of the cool stuff! ._. But, I am happy to hear that there's going to be an eighth movie!

By the way, this belongs in Pokemon TV Shows and Movies, so I'll move it there for you!

Last edited:

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    Sorry,i PMed JK about it,cause it has to do with the DS system also,so i could have gone in the game section also.But this is were we decided it would be best,but go ahead and move it.

BigCN401

[insert something here]
    Years
  • Maybe they'll do something else different for the rest of the world. Like (in US) they'll have a download station in the "Pok?mon Center" in New York, NY and/or (more on the "or" side) in video game/electronic stores like GameStop or Best Buy.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • You guys are being a bit harsh. :\ according to the ords from teh director in teh last movie, the new movies should be released once a summer. So I believe at most you'll ahve to wait two years.

And jsut because nintendo is wanting to make their own movies doesn't mean it'll go straight to video. It seems to me they would send them to theatres first, sine they make more money that way. A lot of Pokemon fans want to see the movies in theatres again, and they know it. In fact, that's probably why they're taking over, so they can release them in theatres again since that was something Miramax completely refused to do.

espeon and umbreon

絶対に勝つ!!
    Years
  • 2 years! I guess I had to go to Japan on July ( that's always like that. Pokemon Movies release in July) but I only have 1 week of holiday... I might ask my aunt for video when the video is released in Japan...

Years
  • That surprises me about the Pokemon downloads in the cinema, I haven?t heard about that before, and I who thougth the 7th movie would be the last!

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    not me,cause theres still so many pokemon to be released,they just have to make sure its still making money though.but this is another discussion.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • I would rather them do it where you get hte DS and download it through the movie...

That'd actually get quite a few people from other countries then. O.o

Years
  • I think were gonna see Pokemon Movie 8 in theaters for this special event. Mostly Nintendo always does this to get more Customers.

Back