• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Chatbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeJayFusion

My ROFLcopter goes Soi
Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2010
    How about adding a chatbox function to the website?
    It'd be alot easier to arrange trades, battles and just grow an overall sense of community here, It'd make me alot comfortable to be able to chat with some of the people around the site to help me and make friends :D

Zetlian2-kinra

Yup, i make VIDEOS!! :D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2009
    I think he means a chatango box.
    it would be better & easier than mIRC.
    (not to mention cheaper... i think)

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    We have an IRC chat.

C-boxes are the devil and I don't recommend them. You can't really moderate them and you can't really put in filters so you could get in these horrid little spam bots. :< That post naughty things or you'd get drama spam fights. If you wanna chat, try #tpc. It's a heck of a lot of fun. XD;

;___; beaten x 3

But yeah, C-Boxes are bad things :< BAD BAD BAD.

Zetlian2-kinra

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2009
    You can put word filters and anti-spam and with a site with this many members there should be some responsible Mod.

i don't really see why IRC is so good.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    You can put word filters and anti-spam and with a site with this many members there should be some responsible Mod.

i don't really see why IRC is so good.

But I don't think with the free models you can put in a kick features or ban people easily from it which would be another task the mods. I love the IRC, we've got auto kick features for idiots, censored words and all that jazz and it's fun to watch Erik and Luke and Matt fight like school girls.

A C-Box is just spam. XD;

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    (eric luke and matt? 0-0)

You can censor words and auto silence in chatango.
    So yes, i'm practically saying "same here".

But what does that all cost? XD; Rukario is constantly hunting for Blue's Clues doesn't just have a bunch of monies you know. :< And from what I know of c-boxes, they're incestuous spam pits that serve to form cliques or serve as a gateway for spammers who like to troll or who are just bored. I've seen huge fights on these things before; it's really an ugly scenario to watch. They're notorious for the sort of company and drama they can bring onto sites and unless you put in the money for those filters, you have no real control over what's said.

Zetlian2-kinra

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2009
    But what does that all cost? XD; Rukario is constantly hunting for Blue's Clues

0-0...
    i am freaked out...
    EDIT: it's free. it comes with chatango and a chatango cbox is %100 FREE.

(Apart from something like a OPTIONAL 1.50 for extra smileys but no one bothers with that)

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Doesn't matter if it's free, or costs $100. It's not going to happen. We are not going to have a chat box. They look bad, n00bish, and is just full of spam. The only thing you'll have is people going "OMOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMOG" and "HI! I JUST GOT ON SO WHAT'S UP?!".
    PMs or VMs is quick enough for just about anything you need.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Can't say I'd be pleased if we got one.. It'd be something I'd just ignore.

Sajuuk

http://forum.hpcommunity.co.uk
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    I'm going to have to agree with the staff on this.

Chatboxes seem to actually drop the activity on forums, which is why they are only recommended on forums where you get a post every 30 seconds or such.

So, on a forum like this, where some people can be immature at times, chatboxes would make PC look as if many 5 year olds joined and not grown teenagers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back