• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Help catching Zapdos!

Pounce

renai kakumei
Years
  • don't use leech seed, it will kill it ^^; instead just use sleep and get its HP down with attacks. false swipe will get it to 1 HP and no lower, so if you can, try to use that.

and then put it to sleep and throw ball after ball until one of them works. o_o

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Paralyze or sleep him, then use False Swipe. For some reason, Zapdos always seems to be the hardest to catch.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    *nods* I had a easier time catching all the other legendaries combined. In the RBY games and FRLG, I tossed the Master Ball at it. I know it's not recommended but I just find it easier. Even finding the dogs were easier...

Any Pokemon that's very powerful and has False Swipe is your best friend.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Erm...

Fearow, Sneasel, Parasect, Marowak, Farfetch'd, Scyther, Pinsir, Scizor, Heracross, Sudowoodo, Smeargle, Groyle, Sceptile, Shiftry, Breloom, Shedinja, Ninjask, Mawile, Swablu, Altaria, Zangoose.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    It learns it as an egg move. Most of them learn it as an egg move. Farfetch'd and Sneasel are the only ones I can think of that learn it by leveling up. More of them learn it by leveling up, I just can't remember which.

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
  • fearow cant learn false swipe, however, against zapdos, a level 47 marowak with false swipe and a lot of ultra balls were my key (lvl 46 cubone found around seven island)

PazzKat

Back and looking 4 smiles!
    Years
  • Just weaken it, and throw balls. Now that you can have unlimited [999] balls, you can just chuck your hearts content out! Do something that will produce a psychologicala effect, holding select A B helps your mind A LOT. But nothing more then that. I've seen Zapy caught using select A B, the kid threw 10 balls, my friend and I scoffed, he showed us how to "Master Ball any ball" and caught it, big moral booster for me. :D

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • demonchaos916 said:
    It learns it as an egg move. Most of them learn it as an egg move. Farfetch'd and Sneasel are the only ones I can think of that learn it by leveling up. More of them learn it by leveling up, I just can't remember which.
    Don't forget Scyther/Scizor, the original False Swipers...

I remember catching and raising one of them in Crystal just cuz someone told me they were the best swipers...

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Sceptile's the best, since it's the quickest, and (apart from Altaria) has the best Special Defense. Use False Swipe continuously, then switch for a Pokemon with Sleep/Paralysis, then throw Ultra Balls until it's caught. Worked for me. It's the only reason I chose Treecko in Ruby ^_^

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • i think someone above said use a scyther
    i agree, scyther learns false swipe so try that
    and good luck ^^
    oh scyther is found in the safari zone (fushia city)

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    I was lucky,i used Golem on him and used rockthrow,got him down to barely any life,threw an Ultraball,and caught.So try that XD.

Stuffman

Banned
    Years
  • use the master ball if you really want a electric pokemon like i did in my previous game (but I made a new one) also you can save him till you meet that girl in 2nd island that sells timer balls which get better the more you use them!

Back