• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to create a pokemon MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
  • Well what programs are the best to create a pokemon mmorpg and some tut sites or videos that can help me!

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
  • Well, Game Maker can make MMORPGs but it costs money to actually make it and you'll need a server. I know a friend who knows how to make MMORPGs, but I don't think he can utilize a turn-based strategy system.

shortymant

_+Bow Down+_
    Years
  • Me personally, I would make it in C/C++ with DirectX/OpenGL or C# and XNA.
    But;
    -GameMaker ($20 I bought it, it's pretty good.)
    -RPG Toolkit (You would have to edit the battle plugin, but nonetheless, it's a decent tool.)
    -RPGXP (It's good, but I dislike the scripting syntax)

Even though those tools make it 10x easier, it's always best to use a programming language as the one's I suggested above.
    If you do decide to make it through C++, I'd suggest using DarkGDK. It's a nice library, I use it a lot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back