• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's a difficult life, being a traditional artist...

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
  • So I have returned for my quadranual (is that a word?) posting of my art. Enjoy. Please refrain from salivating on your keyboard.

WARNING BIG PICTURES IN SPOILER!!!

These are ordered from newest to oldest.
    Spoiler:

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • It's a difficult life, being a traditional artist...

An experiment with pastels. I've never used them before (and to be honest, I hate working with colour), and I think it looks messy. CRIT CRIT CRIT PLZ

((actually, I cheated, because I touched it up a bit digitally whoo whoo whoo whoo shoot me.))

Years
  • It's a difficult life, being a traditional artist...

An experiment with pastels. I've never used them before (and to be honest, I hate working with colour), and I think it looks messy. CRIT CRIT CRIT PLZ

((actually, I cheated, because I touched it up a bit digitally whoo whoo whoo whoo shoot me.))
    Normally it bugs me when people don't add some kind of background to their art, but this I like. The branch kind of fading away helps blend the foreground with the background. Pastels are good for that, I think (*not a traditional artist in the slightest*). I like composition, too - the cooler blue with the slightly warm brown - but I'd like it a bit more with a little more space around the edges so it doesn't feel so cramped. I think the "messy" look gives it some kind of natural/organic feel that works.

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Thanks. I rarely work with colour unless its on a digital medium (colouring the picture I drew on a traditional medium, of course XD), so I really didn't know how he'd come out. The "crampedness" is more of a case of cropping than anything, but I'm glad you liked it.

I have a few more (black and white) sketches:

A quick dove. It's such a card XD

Budgie with toys. A request.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • You're amazing. I love how almost every picture is practically a different style. Blows my mind. Very beautiful birds.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • OMG! You're an awesome artist. I am not very good at art and so I won't be able to critisize you I'm afraid. But I can say that these are some of the best artworks I've ever seen!! :)
    And I know the feeling of not liking to colour something coz colouring bothers me too much sometimes. I also tend to keep my drawings without colours. XD

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    hot damn, i love that 'trippy' one. you're a very talented traditonal artist. now, have a go at digital art and then you'll be even more amazing d:

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Thank you all very much.

Simurgh, a mythical bird from Persian culture (there's apparently one in a FF but I can't stand FF O.O)

I took a pinch of Maddaye's advice, but rather than just using the digital medium I fused the two together :3

Rudy

give us a song ex boyfriend
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Oh wow, your birds are amazing <3 they're all so well done, the anatomy's perfect (from what I can tell :v) and I love the colours you use (when you do use them, that is)
    You're really talented, I'm kinda jealous kfhlsdfd ♥

Years
  • I really like the messy style and use of complimentary colours in your...wolf? fox? It looks like a very violent piece. Those eyes are really something too. Well done!

Back