• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sword of Survival (PG13)-OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
Years
  • I've been meaning to do this for a while, but I keep running out of time. Now, presenting my...(Dramatic Music)...OOC thread!

Ok, fellow RPers. This is the OOC lounge. Here is the place to chill, post Signups, ask questions, converse with your buddies, enemies, or whoever.

Rules
    If any swear word appears on this thread, I will ban the person who posted it, so Ojo! (literally means eye, but also means Watch out:I'm Español happy!)

All posts do NOT have to be related to the RP, but make sure they are not stupid, pointless, or annoying. What I'm getting at is that if you spam, you are going to be ejected to the dungeon.

From now on, ALL SIGNUPS GO HERE!

I don't have too many rules, so just chill and have fun.

RPers

Mountain Warriors
    Foxtrot Wolfwhistle
    VeganMacAndCheese

Palm Tree
    Pheonix987

Name: Wind of Height

Personality: Though weak in muscle, Wind of Height has a large heart to make up for it. He is very generous, and shares everything, no matter how hungry he is, Sometimes, when Wind of Height and 5 other hunters from the tribe are out, Wind of Height passed out, cuasing many to curse at him, causing him to be left behind. He is very stubborn and always wants to do them, resulting in large tantrums.

Appearance: Wind of height is a man of great size. He is tall, 6 foot 4 inches. He has long gray hair, childish eyes, and an always smiling mouth. He is a very weak man, unlike most of the men on his tribe. He is lean and underweight, His skin is pale as the snow. His hairband is dark, always tied up in a ponytail. His shirt is always camoflage, like an army shirt. The shorts are brown. He is mostly barefoot, but sometimes wears brown khaki sandals.

History: Wind of Height was not always called this name. He was called Mighty Storm. He was way more athletic, and way younger, then. He was included every time in hunting missions, resulting in other warriors to be jealous of him. The warriors, Heavy Boulder, a teen, about to get married, and Ice Melting, an adult, killed his family, when he was 9 years old. Mighty Storm was no longer mighty. He ran away to a mountain far in the north and thought there for a while. He was thinking, "It was my thought. I'm being too good at finding food. I need to go less often." So, he came back to the tribe, to find the area deserted. There was a note...

"Mighty Storm, you will find us gone form the base. At the middle of Mt. Frio, we decided we were too close to the southern border of our territory. We moved back and to Mt. Shiver, and we set ourselves up at 10,006 feet. Your name, for running away, will be changed to Wind Runner."

He ran, and found the tribe after 3 moons. They were there, staring at him. He apologized, and gave them the food he collected along the way.

He was back at 10. He was a worker on the base for 5 suns, and went to hunt for 2 suns. It lasted like that until 17. Then, he met the woman of his dreams. Problem broke out, because Cold Star was from the Mystery Star tribe, a rival tribe. So, a war broke out between the tribes. The advantage was originally North Stars tribe. Then, the leader of The Mountain Warriors teamed up with Wind Runner and defeated the seemingly omnipotent North Star, They had a strong government, so they didn't give up. They originally tried for peace, saying that
    "If you, Ruler of the Highlands, halve your land, our tribes will be peaceful and we will let Wind Runner marry Cold Star." They were reluctant to give their land up at first, but then Wind Runner ,ade a touching speech. The tribe agreed and Wind Runner and Cold Star lived happily ever after...

So they thought...

When the tribe got back to base, their land was in ruins. They blamed Cold Star for the act. Cold Star was innocent, but she got hung. Wind Runner was weakened. He was sad for many moons, countless, 4 years passed by. Ruler of the Highlands thought, "This man needs to get some food for the tribe." Wind Runner went with the 4 nicest warriors of the tribe, but Wind Runner was reported to only bring one thing back and to fall down many times, ewhile the others got 10 through 13 things. Wind runner felt he didn't really deserve what he killed, so he gave it to an elder.

His drop in hunting was continuing, but he continued to share his food. Ruler of the Highlands resigned his position, and From the Forest took over. With From the Forest as leader, the tribe

Tribe: Mountain Warriors

Extra:School is awesome

I'll finish later or tomorrow. My mom's kicking me off.

Years
  • Name: Whispering Hollow

Personality: A gentle and affectionate young girl, Whispering Hollow has always had a way with nature, be it beast, plant or element. Her creative mind an resourcefulness takes advantage of most situations and enables her to survive quite efficiently. She has a great respect for the land and continuously seeks to make offerings when good fortune crosses her path, although she can be a little careless at times and thus regrets her actions deeply.

Her incessant curiosity is the main cause of these thoughtless tendencies, and many a time has a fellow tribal member had to come to her aid and given her a scalding. But despite their stern words and frustration, her endearing charm and innocence has kept her from being cast out by the tribe, who like to think her inquisitive and adventurous nature may turn up something useful one day.

Appearance: At a mere 5'3" and 106lb, Whispering Hollow has a tiny and svelte build which gives her a motherly, feminine appearance. Her deep, blue green eyes burst with emotion and have been described as celestial pools of peaceful dreams, which have been known to calm or sadden the most enraged beast.

Her auburn hair, along with her slender neck and wrists, are often adorned with handmade jewelry, often made from glittering gemstones, feathers and bones. She makes her own garments, and tends to wear an earth-coloured, suede tunic and leggings with a fur-collared cloak. She also possesses a skull helmet and ivory staff, which she adorns in battle to hide her dainty features.

History: Whispering Hollow was born in a small cave at the base of the mountain region after her mother, Echoing Birdsong suddenly fell into labor a she was foraging alone. Unfortunately, there were complications during the birth, rendering Whispering Hollow's mother paralyzed from the waist down and totally vulnerable to attacks, but seeing her daughter's innocent face was enough to keep her strong, and so they were forced to reside in the cave until the tribe found them.

A female marowak thankfully wandered into the cave with her offspring and took pity on the paralytic human, bringing them food and water and protecting her from the vicious beasts that tried to get into the cave, and in return Whispering Hollow and her mother looked after Marowak's offspring and kept the family warm.

A tragic event happened not too long after, when Whispering Hollows tribe found her and Echoing Birdsong, only to be attacked by the territorial marowak. thinking that the beast was holding their tribe members prisoner, they hastily slaughtered it in front of Whispering Hollow and the young cubone before Birdsong could yell out in protest.

Enraged by the tribe's foolish actions, Echoing Birdsong refused to return home with them and held the cubone and her own child close. but the tribe refused to give in and managed to take all three of them back, eventually calming Birdsong down by promising to ritually bury the marowak and give her a spirit shrine so that she could protect Echoing Birdsong's family in her afterlife.

Echoing Birdsong made sure to tell the story to her daughter as she grew up, and taught her to be benevolent and kind just as their spirit guide was. They regularly visited the shrine and built a small den closeby for the cubone, so that he was always close to his mother.

Whispering Hollow's mother died during a particularly harsh winter when she was 16. Hollow herself found her mother dying in front of the marowak shrine and held her close, knowing that there was nothing she could do except comfort her. Birdsong managed to place a hand on her daughters cheek and utter her deep, maternal love for her before slipping away. Hollow was filled with great sadness as she felt her mother go, but knew she'd be watching over her just as the marowak did. And with that in mind, she painstakingly buried Whispering birdsong in the place she died and soon after erected a second shine in her name.

Although it has been five years since her mother's death and the emotional pain has slowly faded, she still visits the two shrines every day and aspires to be as benevolent as Birdsong and the marowak.

Tribe: Mountain Warriors

Extra:School is awesome (Psh...I prefer college)

I reposted mine for RPer's convenience. I think we should have this thread for the ACCEPTED Bios, so that it's easier to see who's involved. But that's just me... ^^; We could also do with a link to the RP thread from here and vice versa.

Can't wait to see your bio finished, Infinite Meditation! ^_^

Musician of Literature

Years

• I reposted mine for RPer's convenience. I think we should have this thread for the ACCEPTED Bios, so that it's easier to see who's involved. But that's just me... ^^; We could also do with a link to the RP thread from here and vice versa.

Can't wait to see your bio finished, Infinite Meditation! ^_^
    Oh, yes, I hadn't thought of that. Maybe because I'm new to the RP gamemastering world. Good ideas.

Years
  • Aha! You finally got the OOC thread up! Maybe now things will start to pick up. But until then, here's my SU reposted:

Name: Shouting Tree (or Red, by his friends)
    Personality: Shouting Tree is stoic and reserved, preferring to choose his words carefully before speaking. However, when he does speak, he speaks very loud and with authority. He is stern, disciplined, and has no tolerance for foolishness, but when the day is done and he sits by the fire with comrades he is known for his sense of humor. In other words, he works hard and parties hard. He is a skilled, tenacious warrior and very intelligent, but this gives him a hint of arrogance, for he usually believes himself to be the best of all his companions (which is usually true when hunting, but whatever). Due to his own excess of competence, he has notably little patience for failure. With his arrogance and lack of patience, he also has a fairly short temper, and will angrily reprimand others on his hunting party if they mess up. Despite his short temper, he has adequate self control, and believes that "true men" avoid needless fighting.
    Appearance: Shouting Tree stands at 6'7" and has a heavy, muscular build. His face has piercing, intimidating eyes, heavy dark brows, and a wide mouth full of jagged teeth that give him a somewhat bestial appearance when his mouth is open. He has very thick, very long black hair, but this is usually kept under his parka. His parka is snow white and made from abomasnow hide, and his pants, boots and gloves are made from ursaring hide. Around his waist he wears a thick leather belt decorated with native copper beads and the teeth and claws of creatures he has slain. He usually carries a plethora of weapons, including a heavy bone knife, a war club, and at least two spears. Under his parka he has several scars, the most noticeable of which are several ragged cuts in his abdomen ringed by skin paled by frostburn, from where he fought an abomasnow and took several ice shards to the gut.
    History: Shouting Tree was the firstborn son of the Mountain Warriors' medicine man, Speaking Blizzard and his wife Sky that Shimmers. While he was young, he was picked on for being the slowest of his friends. This is because he was somewhat spoiled when he was a kid, and was given comparatively few chores and plenty to eat. When he hit puberty, he started going hunting with his father and his uncle Jagged Ice. This is when he started to lose weight and build muscle mass, becoming the great warrior he is today. His birth name was not Shouting Tree, but Red Snow. However, he earned the name Shouting Tree from his great stature and for the one time he killed a wild abomasnow with only his knife while screaming at the top of his lungs (he made the abomasnow into his parka afterwards). For this reason, his friends will still call him Red, for short. Due to his great hunting prowess, he and his family became very wealthy with hides and stored food, and he would trade some of it away for copper beads to decorate his belt. He had a younger brother, Hissing Fire, but he was killed when he tried to top Shouting Tree's abomasnow fight by taking on three sneasels at once with his bare hands (he never was very bright). After Hissing Fire died, he decided to stay with his parents for a few more years to help his mother cope with the grief. He's getting tired of living with his parents, though, due to his alpha-male personality, and plans on moving out soon.
    Tribe: Mountain Warrior
    Extra: School is awesome.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
  • i'll gladly join! ^_^

SU (sorry if the history is a tad-bit too long, i got too fixed on it):
    Spoiler:

Musician of Literature

Years
  • i'll gladly join! ^_^

SU (sorry if the history is a tad-bit too long, i got too fixed on it):

Drunk, my histories are probably as long or longer than yours, so I seriously do not mind.

Spoiler:

Drunk, you are a great writer, and you are going to be accepted!

Only one member needed to start! One MORE MEMBER, of the Palm Trees! Gather tu amigos (your friends, ahh, Spanish). I want to start! Yeah, I am pumped, are you pumped?

OK, Infinite Meditation, calm down.

Right, OK, so I'll PM you when we start.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back