• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pinsir Vs Heracross

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
  • WHich is your favourite, and which is better on HGSS?

Im seriously considering Pinsir, because not many people use it. I think from pervious experience its sturdier then heracross with fewer weaknesses.

I find it easier to train and i think its movepool uis slightly better.

Also..

Should [pinsir Be part fighting??

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Pinsir will always live in the shadow of Heracross sadly. It lacks so many things that make Heracross shine in the games, like move flexibility. Pinsir also lacks the special defense and HP that Heracross has, so it usually drops dead against any flying or fire type.
    Pinsir has stellar attack power, but pokemon like Honchkrow usually do a better job, since they are more flexible with that special attack power.

Vespinus

as Shocking as Thunder!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2010
    Hmm... As a bug trainer, I have often wondered this myself, and I have come to this conclusion;

I use both. It's a bit cheap, but there's nothing wrong with it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2009
    Though, I haven't fought with Heracross in a while (lost my games), he's one of my favorite Pokemon, so I'm going with him. But Pinsir's still cool.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Moved this here since I feel this doesn't have to be merely a HG/SS discussion and all, and these sort of comparisons between Pokemon go here as well, generally.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • I think from pervious experience its sturdier then heracross with fewer weaknesses.

It's the same amount of weaknesses and both Psychic and Rock are common, so its not like one is a lot more common than the other. And Heracross has more resistances.

I find it easier to train and i think its movepool uis slightly better.

Neither of them have the best movepools. Almost all of their moves are either Fighting or Normal. Which means Heracross is better because of its STAB. Indeed Pinsir only gets two STAB moves because it is pure Bug, as opposed to Heracross' twelve. Pinsir gets Grass with Solar Beam (which is relatively pointless, since its Special and it has terrible Special Attack) whereas Heracross gets Ghost with Shadow Claw.

So that leaves the primary Bug moves, Pinsir gets X-Scissor with 80 power and Heracross gets Megahorn with 120, neither have additional effects. And lastly their most powerful Fighting moves, Pinsir's Superpower versus Heracross' Close Combat. It would be a complete matter of opinion which is better, if it were not for Heracross' STAB.

Should [pinsir Be part fighting??

Yep.

Last edited:

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • Hmm i like Heracross, but in the current metagame, its just cheap.

Anyways my main question.

In a team which will most likely consist of:

Feraligatr
    ampharos
    espeon/umbreon- cant decide
    Dragonite/Tyranitar
    another fire/ice/grass Sp attacker

On HG, which will fit in the best.

I dunno i just find heracoss cheap, and besides i love pinsir, although inferior

Ayselipera

Although Heracross has the advantage of getting a stab with all its fighting moves I still like Pinsir more. Heracross is too cute and cuddly for a bug. If I'm going to use a bug pokemon I want it to look a little frightning.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I refer Heracross, simply becuse of it's stats and movepool. :D The fighting moves it get are stornger with it's part-fighting type, however insir on the orther hand doesn't have the STAB bonus. :\ Also, Heracross looks better, in my opinion. xD The only downside to Heracross is it is harder to get, I think, but can be obtained earlier (this is in HG\SS) Alos, Pinsir's HG\SS spite is prety ba, in my opinion. :\

Also, I think Pinsir should be part-fighting, because it is based on a stag-beetle. :\

Back