• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What animal will be next in line for the world of pokemon?

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
  • as we all know, pokemon is based upon the living creatures of the world, and other stuff like legends and myths and all that spirit stuff. but for the 5th generation what animal will be introduced in the pokemon world?

i would like to see a pokemon based off a dolphin, it would be a cool water/maybe normal typer (since its mammal)

what would you like to see?

Ayselipera

Well this could already have been made, but I was thinking a swan. I could see it either being a flying/water or normal/flying. Actually I could see a psychic/flying also.

I guess Cresselia, Moltres, and Porygon, kind of have a swan look, but I'm pretty sure there isn't a pokemon that definitely is based off a swan.

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
    Years
  • hmmm how about like a nautilis (Water, Rock/Steel), or a newt(Water-or-Ground)? We need more lizards in Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Dolphin. Pretty much one reason why there will be Gen V. lol. Maybe they were saving it for a big occasion.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • hmmm how about like a nautilis (Water, Rock/Steel), or a newt(Water-or-Ground)? We need more lizards in Pokemon

charmander was based off a lizard right? or was it a salamander? argh i cant remember. maybe it was based off a lizard and picked up a salamander name. yeah that makes sense xDDD

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • Not just animals, but plants as well!

I want to see a pumpkin Pokemon and it can be a dual-type Grass/Dark Pokemon. Nuzleaf and Shiftry don't seem or look as much as secondary Dark-types to me. Neither does Cacturne.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Hmm, I dunno, I think we need more Fire Types next gen, how about a Badger? maybe as a Fire/Ground mix, but I do agree with the Dolphin too, I think the Water/Psycic mix would be best for it myself.

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I want to see an ant pokemon... I dunno why but I want to see one (maybe I could destroy their anthills, which btw I do in real life XD) But I think if they make an ant poke it would look fugly or something

CrazyCarretta

It works!
    Years
  • I could see more Big cats, there haven't been many I can think of. Maybe some more reptiles, something based loosely on the Komodo Dragon would be nice, with some kind of bite side effect to simulate the bacteria in it's bite

Years
  • I want to see an ant pokemon... I dunno why but I want to see one (maybe I could destroy their anthills, which btw I do in real life XD) But I think if they make an ant poke it would look fugly or something
    Spoiler:

lol

Even though Trapinch is an ant, I actually like the idea of another ant Pokemon that lives in a colony. Maybe they could have some huge ant hill, that you could be sucked into, and explore (While find your way out.)...

I want to see a Peacock. I actually think Ho-oh resembles a Peacock somewhat, but still.

Last edited:

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
  • I can imagine a pokemon that is based on auroras and light. I know deoxys already does that, but i see no connection between DNA and light phenomena. Could possibly be ghost, fire(solar flares have something to so with arouras), ice, or psychic.

I also see pokemon that are based on inanimate objects, like maybe a tv pokemon that when holding an upgrade evolves into a better tv pokemon... something like that.

Aberbecam

Banned
    Years
  • There are pokemons based of every kind you can think of, Plants,Dragons,Birds you name it. But we need little more dark type pokemons that are based on some bad looking monsters?

SooHee

Lame Trainer
    Years
  • I can't remember if there was a pokemon based off of a chicken. There's one of a cow, why not a chicken haha! I honestly wouldn't see the significance in it though since we can't eat them or have them fly us anywhere.
    lol, i'm just saying random stuff

Back