• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trapped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireEmporer

I win. You lose.
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 3, 2006
    Kids from around the world Jet called To The Jap Nintendo Headquarters, To Test a new VR Game; Pokemon: Black Version, But This time, not everyones A hero! At The start of the game Each choose how to Progress Through this world. Each one choses To Be One of the following.
    GOOD: Contest Coordianator
    Pokemon Trainer (Lack of a better name...)
    Pokemon Fisherman
    Pokemon Collector
    Pokemon Breeder

EVIL: Pokemon Hunter (Kills Pokemon for Furs , Feathers, Scales, ect.)
    Rocket member
    Aqua Member
    Magma Member
    Snagem Member
    Pokemon thief (No team)

Name: Ari
    Decription: 5'4,105 Lbs, Blue Messy hair and Green Eyes. He wears A White Long Sleave Tee shirt With A black Tee shirt Over it.
    Personality: Quiet, But when You get to Know him He Opens up And Is Hyper.

After the the Game starts, Some protesters Attack Becaue they think "Pokemon Is Evil! our Childrens Minds are being corupted! Pokemon Teaches Voilence! Animal Cruelty Is Not good for children!" And the like. They attack And the children Are trapped in the game. They could always Just Take the helmets off the children But this Would Cause a state of Vegitable-ness In the Kids. So They've gotta Complete The final goal (I dunno what it is... Or do I...?) To Escape the game. END OF ENTRANCE!

FireEmporer

I win. You lose.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 3, 2006
    Ari Walked In to The Nintendo Head quarters and looked around."WOW! THIS IS AWESOME!" He said to no one in particular Smiling Excitedly. He was From Japan But Had never Seen This place On the inside. They Didn't let everyone in here!

"Hello Ari. Glad you could make it." A voice Said From behind Ari. It was the Creator Of The Game! Satoshi Tajiri!

"W- wow... " Ari said speachlessly Following The Game maker.

"Follow Me." The Man Said Leading Ari Into The Game room

Ari Put on the Wires And Helmit that Connected His Sences Into The game.

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
  • ooc: we already started?

ic: I entered Nintendo head quarters, "I must be dreaming, this is incredible!" I said to myself, kinda speechless , but really excited. "Hello Max, do you like the place?" said Satoshi Tajiri. "crap! I mean, woa! Satoshi Tajiri!" I said, again kinda speechless. "there is already one player , let me guide you into the Game Room" Satoshi said.

Already once there, I put on myself all the stuff , like wires and of course the helmet, to make my senses entered the game.

espeon and umbreon

絶対に勝つ!!
    Years
  • Is it too late to join?

Name: Solar
    Descriptions: blue eyes, blonde hair, blue shirt, red skirt, long white socks, red and white sneakers and silver watch on right hand.
    Personality: Very energetic and that always get her into deep trouble. She also builds and fixes machines.

IC: I entered the Nintendo Headquater. I was speechless. I were really interested in all kind of machines and wanted to touch them.
    " Hello, are you Solar?" Satoshi Taijiri asked. I jumped and nodded. he guided to me to the game room. " There's already two people." I nodded. Here I put on the wires and helmet and connected the scene to the game.

FireEmporer

I win. You lose.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 3, 2006
    Ari Excitedly ran in circles Untill He noticed The others. "Hiya! I'm Ari!" He said Bowing. He Runs towards Them and Falls backwards Because the wires pulled him back. "OUCH! Gosh that hurt!" He said Rubbing his head As he stood up.

FireEmporer

I win. You lose.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 3, 2006
    Oh yeah NO LEGENDARYS! (Without my permission. And theres a diffrent way of catching pokemon!)

Yami's Girl

PC's unofficial Yami lover^^
    Years
  • Hey use the edit button next time But can I join?
    Name:Emily
    Description:Wears jeans and t-shirt most of the time. Blonde hair,blue eyes,and tall. Wears hair in ponytail alot!
    Personality: Pretty playful unless it's serious time. She like to get in trouble as long as she can get out of it!

IC:I walked in the Building and marveled all the awards,games and sytems."Are you Emily?" a voice asked. I whirled around and saw who I never dreamed of seeing:Satoshi Taijir! I nodded my head not able to say anything. "Good. I'll take you to the game room." There he put on my helmet and connected me to the wires. I saw other kids there. "Hi. I'm Emily."I said. The first time I was able to speak. "This is going to be fun!"

Last edited:

FireEmporer

I win. You lose.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 3, 2006
    (Right edit button... :embarrass )

"There Are some other Children In the Other Gameroom You Will Meet Them In the game. Good Luck children!" The Creator of the Game they were about Be plunged Into Said Pressing A button.

"WOAH!" Ari Yelled Looking around. He was In The Lab of Prof. Maple! "Hello! I'm-"

"You're Ari. Hello! What Kind of trainer Would you Like to be? Once you Chose I'll Take you to catch a pokemon." Prof. Maple Said To Ari.

"I would Like To Be A contest Coordanator!" Ari Said Bowing.

"We Just have to wait for the others to decide Ari. Sit Down." She said Pointing Him to a chair.

"Ok" He said Sitting down

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
  • Already in the game , I was with Prof. Maple. "Hi!" I said , "Hi Max , what kind of trainer do you want to be?" said Maple , "I want to be a pokemon trainer!" "ok , just wait a little, meanwhile , sit down" and I sat down on a chair next to Ari

espeon and umbreon

絶対に勝つ!!
    Years
  • I was in the game and saw Prof. Maple.
    " Hi! You must be one of the kid. There's already two people inside. What kind of trainer you want to be?" prof. maple asked.
    " Trainer all the way!" I said.
    " Ok. please sit down next to max and Ari," Prof. said.

FireEmporer

I win. You lose.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 3, 2006
    espeon and umbreon said:
    I was in the game and saw Prof. Maple.
    " Hi! You must be one of the kid. There's already two people inside. What kind of trainer you want to be?" prof. maple asked.
    " Trainer all the way!" I said.
    " Ok. please sit down next to max and Ari," Prof. said.
    ( Only 1 of each. SOWY!)

FireEmporer

I win. You lose.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 3, 2006
    Ari looks at them. "Hello. I'm Ari! Who are you?" He asked.

"Follow Me Kids! Time to catch your pokemon!" Prof. Maple Said Leading them To A Field.

(WE NEED EBIL PEOPLE!)

FireEmporer

I win. You lose.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 3, 2006
    espeon and umbreon said:
    OOC: WHAT! I came late that's all and WHAT NOW! I hate being pokemon collector or any other thing in there. Can I please be trainer? Pretty Please?

Fine... ;)

FireEmporer

I win. You lose.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 3, 2006
    -----Totorial-----Pokemon Catching-----

Like The System This Tells about.

This Is the "This" I Was talking about

But how would you go about capturing these Pok?mon in the first place? There are a couple things about battling and capturing Pok?mon in the wild that I find quite irksome. The fact that these creatures, no matter what their variety, will always attack you when you come near doesn't make any sense to me. I would imagine that the vast majority of Pok?mon would flee from a trainer crashing through the underbrush. I know that there are some more realistic ways of luring and capturing Pok?mon in places like the Safari Zone, but I don't think these methods need to be confined to special areas.

There's also the fact that capturing Pok?mon in the wild is the natural beginning of any Pok?mon Trainer's journey, but it is portrayed in a horribly barbaric fashion. The main pastime of the Pok?mon universe's occupants is the violent capture and enslavement of innocent forest creatures, which are then forced into mortal combat against their will. For such a cheerily portrayed world, the underlying truth behind these Pok?mon's cruel fates is callously disregarded.

What I'd like to propose is a system where Pok?mon are no longer "captured," but are instead "recruited" through non-violent means. I'll try and illustrate this system with an example. Let's take the role of Ash again, as he takes a walk through a forest. He may periodically see Rattatas or Pidgeys running through the underbrush or flying through the canopy. Let's say he wants to add a Pidgey to his lineup. His strategy would mirror that of a birdwatcher in the beginning. Follow a Pidgey to its nest, and attract it with bird calls. Perhaps from a flute that he acquired at a nearby shop. Once he has its attention, he baits it with food to draw it near. He may do this for several days, gradually building trust with the bird until it will happily sit on his shoulder and eat from his hand.

At this point, the bird's "friendship level" would be high enough for it to be recruited. A Pok?ball could then be tied to this particular Pidgey, and it would be able to be "summoned" whenever that Pok?ball is selected in battle. Pok?mon wouldn't actually LIVE in the Pok?balls any more; they'd live in the wild where they were originally found. Using a Pok?ball effectively teleports its linked Pok?mon to your side. A key feature in this is that the teleportation is based upon the Pok?mon's actual desire to be summoned. If you never use a Pok?mon or are generally cruel to it, it might not answer the call from the Pok?ball. You'd either have to return to where that particular Pok?mon lives and befriend it again, or choose to permanently sever your connection with it.

There could be some other methods of befriending Pok?mon, using the prior system as a basis. Let's say there's a Nidoking desperately trying to save its children from a forest fire. If you whip out a water Pok?mon and save the small Nidorans, the Nidoking would be indebted to you and form a Pok?ball pact with you right then and there. Or maybe you find a lone egg in the desert, and take care of it until it hatches. The baby Pok?mon that hatches could believe that you're its mother, and boom. There's another Pok?ball pact. Other more humanistic Pok?mon, like Mewtwo for example, may choose to form a pact with you after you defeat them in battle.

The whole idea here is that the system becomes a lot less video-gamey and a lot more believable. No more being jumped by rabid Rattatas in every field you walk through. No more knocking Pok?mon out and not being able to capture them because you can't limit the power of the Pok?mon you're trying to capture them with. Fewer systems based on stats and leveling up and more systems based upon actual trainer/Pok?mon interaction.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back