• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gladiator - Spider Edition

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
Years
  • I have been keeping and saving any and all spiders I find running around my house. I keep them alive in little tuba wear containers and drop in crickets or whatever random feeder bugs I find at the local petsmart. Anyway,

I recently have erected a spider battle arena out of cardboard and sugar cubes. I have about 22 spiders in surplus and plan to make them do one on one combat in a tournament of epic proportions. The loser is devoured by the winner and the winner becomes stronger. He then lives on to do battle against the next opponent. Whichever spider is left standing after the other 21 have died will go on to the final round. There is a prey mantis I bought at the vivarium named Charley. The final spider gladiator will do battle with Charley the mantis. If the spider actually manages to beat Charley he will be declared the king of spider land and flushed down the toilet afterwards.

Thoughts?

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Considering that being flushed isn't much of an incentive for victory, I say you release the winner outside. That is, if you can even get the spiders to fight one another in the first place.

Syrex

Years
  • Spiders fighting? Cruel?

Humans fight, Dogs fight, Cats fight.
    It's a part of life.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • It seems to me that this is unnecessary animal cruelty. Though I enjoy the notion of a war(I'm sadistic), I'm not keen into the idea of forcing creatures into an environment where they must wage war. This includes humans.

It's pointless and cruel. I love spiders and do not like to see them getting injured. Love them more than dogs at least. Just because humans view insects as worthless(because of they're size and the fact that they don't seem to be doing anything at a glance), it doesn't mean they are. Humans are naturally bias towards cats, dogs, furry mammals, and in some cases reptiles because they find them to have more practical uses. Such as being pets and other things.

Not many people realize the importance of insects before studying basic ecology in school. Even then, not many people actually take the time to notice what these little critters do anyway.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    My thoughts are, then... that they won't fight.
    Let the spiders loose in a wasp's nest (the inhabitants of which may well be dead by this time of year though), then something should happen; although they're more likely to attack you than the spiders, which will obviously lose without any means of attack, unless you've gotten venomous ones — since you're feeding them crickets I expect you have.

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    On a semi related spider note:

WARNING CONTAINS SOME LANGUAGE

Syrex

Years
  • I was just trollin' you.
    Looks like a few fell for it.... hehehe

Although, I got a good laugh out of the video.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Damn you Syrex, you made me get all worked up for nothing >:Y

You should've waited longer, could've really started up an argument over the ethics of animal fighting.

There was already one.
    Animal Rights thread.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • It seems to me that this is unnecessary animal cruelty. Though I enjoy the notion of a war(I'm sadistic), I'm not keen into the idea of forcing creatures into an environment where they must wage war. This includes humans.

It's pointless and cruel. I love spiders and do not like to see them getting injured. Love them more than dogs at least. Just because humans view insects as worthless(because of they're size and the fact that they don't seem to be doing anything at a glance), it doesn't mean they are. Humans are naturally bias towards cats, dogs, furry mammals, and in some cases reptiles because they find them to have more practical uses. Such as being pets and other things.

Not many people realize the importance of insects before studying basic ecology in school. Even then, not many people actually take the time to notice what these little critters do anyway.
    People keep spiders and other insects as pets too, you know. And a lot of people find insects worthless because they don't do anything other than harm you. And I'm not saying humans don't harm insects, because we do. We're terrible. But still, dogs and cats and horses, etc, usually don't harm people intentionally.

I, for one, cannot stand spiders. They disgust me and scare the crap out of me.

Back