PDA

View Full Version : I made a statue

Jolene
November 16th, 2009, 11:31 AM
This is a statue that I made for my art class at school. It's an angel hugging the world because the world needs a hug, especially nowadays since there are lots of wars and pollution and other bad things which make the world sad.

Earth Angel

She dropped the ball...

What do you think of it?

Good? Bad? Ugly?

Moskau
November 16th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Aw, I like it, I think it's incredibly cute! I love her face, it's really simple and adorable.

Spherical Ice
November 16th, 2009, 12:01 PM
It looks really nice! I like the concept. It is very simple yet effective and conveys the message pretty well. If it were me, I would use the Art Straws as a structure for the arms and use card to make them a bit thicker and arm-like. :P Good try, though!

Question: What's the hair made out of...?

Zero_
November 16th, 2009, 12:07 PM
The hair looks real...
It is beautiful.

Jolene
November 16th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Thank you for the nice comments. :)

The hair is a wig, by the way.

Samme!
November 16th, 2009, 12:59 PM
That looks really nice Jolene :D Like Spherical said, it's a great concept and I think you really executed it well and creatively too. Did you use Paper-Maché to form the body?

Jolene
November 17th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Yes, I paper mached around a lampshade to make the body, and I paper mached around two beachballs to make the head and the world.

Samme!
November 17th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Wow, that's really creative of you to think of that (b'-')b

Cerese912
November 18th, 2009, 06:29 PM
I like it. I love how something so creative and simple can have such a powerful message. Everyone can have a different way of looking at your statue. Since I'm really big on recycling and saving the environment, I see it as comforting the Earth in its time of need. :)

Vriksha
November 19th, 2009, 06:40 AM
pretty cool work here!

i hope i'll see some more!

^_^