• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should we vent or hold back most of the things that bother us?

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
  • I've been seeing people rant a lot IRL lately, so I decided I'd post a thread about it. Do you think it's better to vent the things that bother us or hold it in and try and forget it like that feeling was never there? Whether it be a big issue, or a small one, idc. Just express your opinion.

I'll reply with my answer later.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • I'd say from personal experience it's better to vent and get it off your chest. Whether you be venting to someone or, I guess venting in a blog. It helps you feel a lot better. Even though sometimes I feel bad after for venting to someone though, because I have to chuck a whole lot of crap on the person who had to deal with my venting. But, if people really are your friends then they should deal with the venting and maybe find a way to help deal whatever you're venting with. At least it shows that they care. And minor problems, I think it's better to tell people too, since they can just escalate into something big and you'll end up exploding rage on the next nearest person..

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    It really depends on several things:

- If people will care about the issue
    - If you care about the issue
    - If it is meaningful in general
    - If ranting helps, to begin with
    and lastly
    - If it is socially acceptable to do so (like it might be okay to rant about one thing compared to another; perhaps this is the most important one).

Years
  • If you don't let your feelings out they're just going to fester inside and mess you up emotionally.

Just the other day I saw this article which talked about heart conditions in men who vent vs. men who walk away. It said that

BBC News said:
    The men who coped by sometimes or often walking away or who often let things pass without saying anything, had double the risk of a heart attack or dying from serious heart disease compared to men who challenged and dealt with the situation head-on.
    So I think it's not only good to let things out, but good for your health.

Years
  • Seriously? I hate confrontation, but I know now, that you really need to address issues before they have time to develop. Don't leave things and expect them to get better. Get in there and fix it.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • I always simplify things that should be simplified. I rarely "rant", except when it's REALLY neccesary. Unless they want to make things worse.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I've learned from experience that you need to vent. Otherwise the anger builds up inside until you snap and end up doing something you'll regret for the rest of your life. I've recently settled matters with someone that I had issues with, and it feels much better to confront them directly and get whatever issues you have off of your chest.

Ayselipera

From my own personal experiance I find that venting is the best way to get over something. When I hold things back I just get angrier and I may make the problem worse in my head. The best thing for me is to just vent to someone that I trust just so I can get it all out. Once my venting is done I am pretty much cured from any anger.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Definetly vent. With internet blogs and stuff you don't have to confront a live person to vent anymore.

Back