• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to remove credits from a video?

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    This has bothered me for a while.
    I have seen a lot of "creditless" version of songs and show opening and anime opening in youtube.
    How do they remove the credits? Is it in a different layer or something? Some kind of masking?
    Is it even possible? If not, how do they do it?

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • This has bothered me for a while.
    I have seen a lot of "creditless" version of songs and show opening and anime opening in youtube.
    How do they remove the credits? Is it in a different layer or something? Some kind of masking?
    Is it even possible? If not, how do they do it?
    Not sure, but my guess is that either the credits are stored as a different layer or the studios release creditless versions. Masking wouldn't produce the quality you see in most of those.

Years
  • You can't do it yourself. In most cases, what you're seeing is included as a bonus features on the DVD. If you have one handy, take a look at an anime DVD and you'll likely see something along the lines of "Textless Opening" or "Textless Ending" listed.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Now I'm pretty sure it's because it's in a different layer, but these layers can apparently only be manipulated by the people who made the raw video.
    I guess the other idea is what it points to. They release a creditless version themselves, I guess...
    But so many creditless openings and endings floating about of almost every anime out there just made me think of a possibility. Nobody even spoke of these being in a DVD as an extra before...

Back