• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Dream in Color?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Imagine it's your bedtime. You can barely keep your eyes open as you head on off to your bedroom. Crawling on top of your mattress, you cocoon yourself in sheets to keep warm during the night. As soon as your head hits the fluffy softness that is your favorite pillow, you shut your eyes and drift off to dreamland.
    But do you dream in color?
    Or do you dream in black and white?

I always dream in color.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I can't ever remember dreaming in black and white. They always have a full colour palette. :D

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Why would you dream be in black and white? Whatever, mine has always been in full color.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • No, I don't think my dreams have ever been that dramatic.

Can't imagine any other reason they'd be in black and white. I was under the impression you dream the way you live. Maybe if I was completely color blind I'd experience this a bit more often?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    My dreams nearly always include colour, although not always fully in colour. I don't recall ever having a dream that was entirely in black & white.
    I had one dream where I was in a village and everything was black & white, the houses, the people, the sky. At first I thought it was an entirely black & white dream until I noticed that there was colour outside of the village.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • I believe I dream in color. However, I don't think I really notice because my mind is racing through my dreams. My thoughts are geared to absorbing everything that's happening in my dream emotionally. I analyze things A LOT in my conscious life, so I try to figure out everything in my subconscious. When I recall my dreams, they're kind of in color. Everything is slightly desaturated and has a dull quality to it. There are some dreams where color is heavily involved in, but the majority has that low saturation.

Years
  • It depends. Oddly enough, my nightmares about the future are usually in black and white, while my history related dreams, such as the rather odd recurring dreams featuring Lavrentiy Beria and I on some sort of train, those are usually in colour. I've had a few dreams in sepia, too.

One would think it would be the other way around. Personally I don't care if they're in colour or not, as long as they aren't about the future. :/

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I mostly dream in color. But when I have awesome dreams, the freaking good parts get blurred and are in black and white :(. I know, I dream weird.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013

lol, somebody else who links to TvTropes. I am not alone!

And I dream in color most times, but it's hard to tell with my more abstract dreams...

My mom had this dream once, where she was driving in the dark, and she saw some dude in a glowing green hoodie, and she got out and followed him, and she chased him into a neighborhood where there were more guys in hoodies, each one a different neon-bright color, and they all pulled out a glowing can of spray paint matching their hoodie and started spraying it everwhere. The paint glowed too. And that's how we know my mother dreams in color.

Back