• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you believe in magic?.

Ever believed in the word "magic"?.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
Years
  • When you were little did you ever believed that magic exsist?.
    Or even now do you believe that magic has a exsistance? Do you believe it because of magicians or shows that revolves around magic?.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • I believe there are probably forces that we have not discovered yet that might seem like magic when we do discover them, but will ultimately be explained by science. I also think things can be 'magical' without actually having anything to do with the supernatural.

SilverStilletto

~Bubble~Bubble~
    Years
  • i believe in magic. its only logical. i believe that, even if magic doest exist on earth, it must exist elsewhere in the universe. we have no way of determining the size of the universe, and so we can assume it is infinitely large. in an infinite amount of time, everything WILL happen, even that which we cannot dream of. thus, in an infinite amount of space, everything imaginable and unimaginalble is. thus, magic simply HAS to exist.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I like to think there is a mystical side to things like love and nature. I don't necessarily believe in that sort of thing, but to pretend it's there makes reality somewhat bearable.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I wish magic existed, to a point. But sadly, I don't think the truly supernatural is any longer accessible to humankind. Not like it was a good idea back in the day anyhow.

Burn the witch!

Last edited:

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    i believe in magic. its only logical. i believe that, even if magic doest exist on earth, it must exist elsewhere in the universe. we have no way of determining the size of the universe, and so we can assume it is infinitely large. in an infinite amount of time, everything WILL happen, even that which we cannot dream of. thus, in an infinite amount of space, everything imaginable and unimaginalble is. thus, magic simply HAS to exist.

The universe has existed for 14 billion years or something and has been expanding ever since. The speed of light is blah blah blah. Nothing goes faster than the speed of light. That's your limit for the current size of the universe. Your "infinite possibilities" logic doesn't sound perfect anymore, does it? You're also assuming that time (or at least, in our universe) will go on forever. What happens if the universe decides to collapse? Ever heard of the Big Crunch or Big Rip theories? You're making too many assumptions.

Also that kind of logic can't work since infinity isn't a value; it's a mathematical concept. There's no such thing as infinite area or volume. Not in the physical world, at least.

As for being on topic, no I don't believe in magic. I believe that everything can be explained scientifically or logically, even though it may not appear so at first. I'm sure you could've guessed that already :p I did believe in it when I was a little kid though. Admit it, everyone did.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I dont believe in anything supernatural or godly though I wish it was real.

Ayselipera

I like to believe that there is magic out there somewhere. I guess I do kind of believe in it or atleast try to.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • No, my thought of magic being real was shattered when I saw a guy in a fake mustache pull a rabbit out of his top-hat.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Magic, in a historical context at least, seems to be anything that happens that we're yet unable to understand. People are able to somehow do something "magical" or something exists that is "magic" only because we do not yet have the means to explain them logically. For instance, people used to think the ability to swim was magic in some parts of the world - that it was even the work of evil to overcome such a powerful force of nature with your own body.

So yeah, I believe in magic in that sense. In every definition of the word, things that we don't understand do seem to have "magical" qualities about them, right?

Besides, that rabbit-pulling, mustached man seems pretty amazing to me. 8D

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    * I assume that by magic you mean paganistic rituals and the like, ie not simply pulling rabbits out of a tophat.
    When I was wee... I didn't take to any beliefs well, I just saw the world as is. I still do pretty much, but I would say I've come to believe in some semblance of magick.

The universe has existed for 14 billion years
    That's a presumption based on the presumptions (or 'theories' as you'd probably style it) that nothing can go faster than light and that a big explosion began everything; the 'explosion' itself is an apparently baseless notion (merely the only way we can express it? reminds me of the abrahamic god) and as I understand the universe's expansion is based on how things appear more blue when going away and mroe red coming towards — an idea I'm not convinced of in the first place. I'm not to say the men in white coats are lying, just somewhat fond of starting fantasy trains which go a little far; and that you fail to cite any of your own claims whilst disparaging another's.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    The universe has existed for 14 billion years

That's a presumption based on the presumptions (or 'theories' as you'd probably style it) that nothing can go faster than light and that a big explosion began everything; the 'explosion' itself is an apparently baseless notion (merely the only way we can express it? reminds me of the abrahamic god) and as I understand the universe's expansion is based on how things appear more blue when going away and mroe red coming towards — an idea I'm not convinced of in the first place. I'm not to say the men in white coats are lying, just somewhat fond of starting fantasy trains which go a little far; and that you fail to cite any of your own claims whilst disparaging another's.

That wasn't really my point though; my point was that the universe DOES have a limit on its size and that it isn't infinitely large :/ The universe could be well over 9000 (heh) trillion years, and my point would still be valid. And even if it could go faster than the speed of light. The universe surely couldn't have expanded at infinity miles per hour or something, which is the only way the universe would be infinitely large.

Real numbers multiplied by real numbers can never equal infinity. Is that enough of a true statement? Then that's my proof and every other point I've made before can just be forgotten about.

Anyways, I think we're derailing this topic. If you wanna continue debating then PM me or something. I don't want either of us to get warnings.

-EDIT-
    14 billion's pretty silly considering the earth is approaching 5 billion (based on studying the rock, not light). 13 trillion, the other estimate, makes more sense.

I would just go ahead and trust the "men in white coats", as Cassino put it. They're the experts, not anyone else. They do this for a living.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I don't believe in magic. Or if rituals that allowed one to defy the logic of the universe (such as creating something out of nothing at will) ever existed, it is dead.
    You merely get out of it what you put in, only wherein the effort spent on the endeavour is turned to a favourable end... or, as misfortune for others. (like the conversion of energy! :D)

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • These days I try not to believe any one thing is truly non-existent. The universe is a big place, after all.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • If you consider supernatural stuff to be a form of "magic", then sure, I believe in it.

Back