• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my Grass Deck, offer improvments please

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2010
    I've been playing pokemon tcg for about 5 months now and i want to start playing competitively, this is my best deck thus far but i would like some tips on how to make it better and not get completely destroyed at tournaments

16x grass energy
    3x surskit (SV)
    3x masquerain (SV)
    2x cherubi (SF)
    2x cherrim (arceus)
    2x tangela (SF)
    1x tangela (arceus)
    2x tangrowth (SF)
    1x tangrowth (arceus)
    1x tangrowth lv x (arceus)
    3x yanma (LA)
    3x yanmega (SV)
    1x shaymin (base platinum)
    1x shaymin lv x (base platinum)

1x Luxury ball
    2x underground expedition
    4x bebe's search
    2x prof oak's visit
    1x amulet coin
    1x leftovers
    1x cynthia's feelings
    1x cynthia's guidance
    4x roseanne's research
    2x buck's training

the basic premise of my deck is to combo shaymin lv x with yanmega.
    using shaymin's seed flare attack i can deal 100 damage with 3 energy in my hand attatching them to yanmega, my next turn i retreat shaymin, use yanmega's speed boost power to regain that energy and use wind return for 100 damage again, next turn retreat for shaymin and repeat (this gets strong with more energy)
    bebe's search is to get these two pokemon, and roseannes is to get a lot of energy into my hand to deal maximum damage.

masquerain is to draw cards quickly to gain the cards needed for this combo as well as to stall with its pokebody (attacks do 20 less damage to masquerain).
    Cherrims and leftovers are there to protect shaymin who is rather fragile (100 hp), cherrim reduces damage done to grass pokemon by 10 which helps a lot.

tangrowth is used as a back up powerhouse if shaymin dies as well as to tank and stall when needed

i favor supporters over claydol in this deck because i need a large number of energy in my hand and claydol does not let me have over 6 cards in my hand to use its draw power.

What should i add/take out/change an initial rating and help is greatly appreciated

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2010
    Try using cards like Uxie LA, Claydol GE, and Chatot MD to help with your setups and consistency.

I'd also try to focus the deck more, you have a lot of stuff going on in it right now. Stick to only 2 main focus Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2010
    @ AdamCap
    the reason i dont use uxie or claydol in this deck is i need a large number of energy in my hand for shaymin/yanmega cycling to be effective (at least 4 in hand making the 7 card limitation on uxie and the 6 on claydol difficult)

I was thinking of replacing the masquerain/surskit and the cherubi/cherim with 2x Farfetch'd SF, 2x Sableye SF, 2x Azelf with time walk, and 4x pokemon rescue.

pokemon rescue to get shaymin back if it gets ko'd
    sableye to use roseannes quickly for fast energy
    and farfetch'd to get pokemon rescue/premier ball
    and azelf for obvious reasons

whats your take on this? would it help the setup?

Back