• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: post "merging"

ThePoketrix

real-life pikachu
Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    I posted two different times on the same thread and the posts "merged"!!!
    they were turned into the same post, with the "last edit" saying
    Your double post has been merged.
    I want them to be two seperate posts, but I don't know how to fix it...:\
    The posts (well... make that post...stupid merge) are in the tread
    "The ELF Method of inserting Music into a rom" in the "documents & tutorials"
    section of the "emulation" forum, if that helps.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    They were merged because you aren't allowed to double post most of the time.

There are certain occasions where you can, like if you're posting a fanfiction, and have to post two or more chapters in a row, but in a normal thread posting twice in a row is a no-no. D:

With your posts that were merged - You can reply to more than one quoted message in a single post, it doesn't really need two. So sometimes they get automatically merged, or merged by a staff member.

ThePoketrix

real-life pikachu
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    WAIT A SECOND-
    I thought a two posts were double posts if they had the same MESSAGE!(whitch can be very annoying):\
    and I posted them at two different visits to the thread!
    IT COULDN'T BE A DOUBLE POST EITHER WAY!!!

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    It doesn't matter if you come back later, you can't post two times in a row on 98% of all threads :3

A double post means you post two times in a row, not necessarily at the same time, on a thread.

You have to let people post inbetween your posts, does that make sense?

Back