• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cant run vistas Paint in windows 7

robie392

Pokemon Prof.
Years
  • Okay, I'm running Windows 7. It comes with a snazzy new MS Paint(I ABSOLUTELY DESPISE IT), it lacks the hot key commands(and EVERYTHING else) I came to rely on in NT Paint. Vista paint was very cool. I'm getting the "Unable To Create Blank Document" error when I try to run Vista Paint in Win 7, even with its support files. Could some please tackle that? So far Win 7 is cool, but i need vistas paint or no more spiriting for me =_=

Thank you for any help!

Zet

Years
  • Can't you just learn to adapt? I mean, we adapted to playing video games pretty damn fast and other programs, so why not adapt to the new paint?

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Here is the version of paint included with the current release of ReactOS. It has hotkeys and looks nearly identical to XP's and Vista's paint versions; plus, it's actually legal to redistribute, unlike that XP version linked two posts prior. I haven't been able to get it to print, but if you really need to, you can use Windows Image Gallery or even 7's Paint.
    Can't you just learn to adapt? I mean, we adapted to playing video games pretty damn fast and other programs, so why not adapt to the new paint?
    He doesn't want to; seems a valid enough reason for me. Besides, if it's really lacking keyboard shortcuts like he says, that's a huge strike to efficiency; navigation by keyboard is many times faster than navigation by mouse.

Last edited:

shot571

if by hotkeys you mean ctrl+c and stuff. i have windows 7 home premium and it does have the. sorry if im wrong an stuff but i think thats what you mean.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Can't you just learn to adapt? I mean, we adapted to playing video games pretty damn fast and other programs, so why not adapt to the new paint?

He might be like me, you cant. The new paint has brushes that blend with the colors around it. I cant do the things I need if that occurs.

https://i50.tinypic.com/ilf2ue.png

The Red block is from Windows Seven's paint, see how it blends? I need it to do what happened in the blue block, no blending.

So, I had to downgrade. >:

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2010
    The new paint works fine, but I do miss some of the features, like the transparent pasting and whatnot.

robie392

Pokemon Prof.
    Years
  • Here is the version of paint included with the current release of ReactOS. It has hotkeys and looks nearly identical to XP's and Vista's paint versions; plus, it's actually legal to redistribute, unlike that XP version linked two posts prior. I haven't been able to get it to print, but if you really need to, you can use Windows Image Gallery or even 7's Paint.

He doesn't want to; seems a valid enough reason for me. Besides, if it's really lacking keyboard shortcuts like he says, that's a huge strike to efficiency; navigation by keyboard is many times faster than navigation by mouse.

I love you sorry but you just made my year Ive been looking for something similar for so long, i was thoroughly freaking out cause my game hasnt moved at all since i got win 7 =D its different but only the icons and i can adapt to that, you are pro!

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2010
    I liked Vista Paints ability to reduce the viewscreen smaller so that other items could be pasted onto that screen and you could move them around. I liked the HotKey rotation.

I got XP Paint to run fin in Win 7, but Vista Paint is a different animal. :-(

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Here is the version of paint included with the current release of ReactOS. It has hotkeys and looks nearly identical to XP's and Vista's paint versions; plus, it's actually legal to redistribute, unlike that XP version linked two posts prior. I haven't been able to get it to print, but if you really need to, you can use Windows Image Gallery or even 7's Paint.

You are a true bro, thanks a lot man.
    Because for pixel artists, Windows 7 paint makes it quite difficult to adapt. I tried adapting and it wound up killing any motivation I had. It's really a crappy program compared to it's previous iterations.

Back