• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myles

Seriously?
Years
  • and again its people belief what they do with little information released! State me where it says 5th gen?

Again, since when has Nintendo or GameFreak referred to Pokemon games by numbered generations. You think they called DP the fourth generation when it was released?

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • All what's be confimed is there be a new pokemon series is set out to be released later this year, features new land and new pokemon! Nope, I see no 5th gen mentioned.
    For the last fudgin time Gamefreak doesn't call it 5th gen and yes new land, and new Pokemon confirm it to be 5th gen so get over it!

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Yay! 5th gen has been confirmed! *does dance*
    I want an R/S remake, but I hope Gamefreak doesn't make an FR/LG remake. Seriously, too much of Kanto has been done now.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
  • For the last fudgin time Gamefreak doesn't call it 5th gen and yes new land, and new Pokemon confirm it to be 5th gen so get over it!

Get over what? I'd more than happy if this turns out to be 5th gen and I've already stated I'm 99% sure they are. New land/new pokemon does link to a new generation, all I'm saying is, wait for a confirmation by Nintendo, most likely this Sunday where he will reveal the games! Bingo there's your actual proof >_>, no more doubts anyone saying this might turn out to be a spin off. I'm just saying this thread is a bit too soon, or change the actual title, 'new RPG games to be released later this year'

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • This thread is the second (or more, I only know of the one previous) version of the 'Gen 5 spculation thread' which has been around for a looong time.

But besides, this is Gen V. >_>

Years
  • Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I think that there are a lot of hints now pointing towards the release of a new Pokemon game. The latest Bulbapedia news and some others running around the internet show that the game is planned to be released before the end of 2010 - this makes for a great change to the normal high amount of time that we Pokemon fans endure waiting between games. Hopefully, we can be playing the games by March of next year.

mey

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2010
    All what's be confimed is there be a new pokemon series is set out to be released later this year, features new land and new pokemon! Nope, I see no 5th gen mentioned.

well, then...
    What do you called a new main series of game with a new land, new set of pokemon and a totally new version, that will contain various unprecedented experiences that has been made by Game Freak?

And they've never called the games as a xth gen of pokemon.

Have you ever seen that DP was called gen 4 by Nintendo? How about RS called as Gen 3? How about first and the second? Nintendo never called it as a generation of pokemons, they've called it as a new main series of game.

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
    Years
  • Does anyone think that the reception to the designs of DP Pokemon will have any influence on the 5th gen at all? I think they would be idiots not to be more careful with what they create this time.
    If they took reception then we would have better DP Pokemon design. In my humble opinion I think that their perfect.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
  • well, then...
    What do you called a new main series of game with a new land, new set of pokemon and a totally new version, that will contain various unprecedented experiences that has been made by Game Freak?

And they've never called the games as a xth gen of pokemon.

Have you ever seen that DP was called gen 4 by Nintendo? How about RS called as Gen 3? How about first and the second? Nintendo never called it as a generation of pokemons, they've called it as a new main series of game.

erm...please read my other posts, you'll see what i'm trying to get at. Oh yeah i remember gamefreak director saying 'a new generation' for 4th gen =P, I never once said this won't be a 5th gen games, i only said wait for gamefreak director to actually comfirm these game/s this week, is it a game or games. We'll hopefuly get titles and more info on them,k?

I duno why everyone is attacking me, I said i'm 99% sure that it's 5th gen, didn't I like three tiimes already!?

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Because you're killing the hype. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see anyone "attacking" you...

It's possible that it's not Gen5, but it's more likely that it is, judging from the information given. Game Freak's participation, new Pokemon, it's an RPG, it aims to surpass every Pokemon game up till now... If it's not, I will be rather surprised.

joehat

Yay
    Years
  • The Light type idea is ridiculous. Light sounds a lot like the Normal type to me.

Also, anyone wanna explain what kind of Pokemon a "Light Pokemon" would be?

One thing I really really really hope to see in gen V is that when a move such as Sunny Day or Sandstorm (or Kyogre's Drizzle ability) is used, it just keeps going. Let me explain, I can't stand having to wait the extra couple seconds (haha I'm that impatient apparently) as rain starts and stops and the game announces "Rain continues to fall!" It's annoying. Just have the rain falling the whole extent of the move and when it's over (however many turns that takes) the game can then announce "The rain stopped."

Also, I really hope we eventually get customizable player characters, even if only for wi-fi use!!!!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Is it wrong to not wanna be white/asian all the time? Customization is dearly needed.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • I duno why everyone is attacking me, I said i'm 99% sure that it's 5th gen, didn't I like three tiimes already!?

We're not saying you don't think it will be a new generation. We're saying that what you think a new generation is, is way off. You seem to think that generations are what Nintendo and GameFreak categorise Pokemon games into. They don't, fans do.

Years
  • That's true. But in the meantime...

Wobbuffet evo, anyone? Houndoom as well? How about Torkoal, hmm? Not to mention Farfetch'd and Delibird, right? Or better yet, a Steelix evo? Scyther pre evo? Jynx evo? Stop me now, folks. I have a whole list...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back