• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Day at Pokemon Rocks Seattle....

Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Enthusiast
Years
  • Ok guys, I'm gonna tell you all about my day today at Pokemon Rocks Seattle!

My friend Matt spent the night at my house last night and this morning at around 9 we left to Tacoma where we picked up my friend Alicia and then travelled to the wornderful land of Seattle.
    My dad dropped us off at the Seattle Center, where we walked around and asked people where the Seattle Center Exposition Hall was. When we went to the International Water Fountain, I looked ahead and saw the entrance...I got so excited I ran!
    Matt, Alicia, and my brothers Karl and John couldn't keep up with me or my excitement. When we were finally inside, I couldn't believe my eyes.
    Everything Pokemon.
    EVERYTHING!!!!!!
    Two weeks of planning and stressing over transportation and routes and everything paid off I was finally there with my best friends.
    At first, there was so much to do and so much to see we didn't know where to go first! Finally we decided on getting Deoxys. When we got on the uber long line, I turned on my Wireless Adapter and went to the Union Room. In the handbook, they say that "You might even meet new friends!" I thought that was dumb because where can you go where there's strangers right next to you? How about Pokemon Rocks America?!
    There were so many, SO MANY people in the Union Room! I made friends, battled, and chatted! And finally I got the Auora Ticket, along with Karl and Matt. I was so excited that I finally was going to get the legendary Dexoys!!
    After that, we then went to play some mini-games. I got a Pokemon Video and a magazine, and tons and tons of free action figures!!!
    Then...there was the stage. Matt, Alicia and I vowed that at least one of us MUST get up there. We watched and raised our hands, shouted, and did everything we could to be able to be on stage. I had the time of my life shouting and singing along with a hundred other pokemon fans.
    Usually, if you shout Pokemon stuff and play your Pokemon games and watch pokemon stuff while drooling, but here it was all...common! Everyone was doing it! My friends and I finally found a crowd we really fit into!
    Back to the stage, it was around 12 and we hadn't gotten up yet. We decided to get something to eat for lucnh since we were really hungry.
    Down the street was a McDonalds, and there I had a Yogert Parfet and we actually made new friends there too! Four other people were in the Union Room there too, and I finally beat someone :P He had a Butterfree and a Charmelion, against my Vileplume and Gengar.
    We debated if we should go on the Train and go somewhere else, or go back to the party, we were really pooped from the shouting and screaming, but I told them that there was still so much to still do, so we went back...and I'm SO glad we did.
    When we got back, we went over to the Trading Card game, and since we didn't have cards ourselves, we battled again and again with the sample packs there. I actually got back into the TGC then! It actually has gotten way better since I last played it (1999). Anyways, when were all battled out, we went back to the stage. They were doing a Pokemon Kareoki(SP) and Alicia and I needed, I mean, we HAD to get up there! The song that played was "A Kid from Pallet Town" Season 6's Theme. Lol, that song was played so many times there, it's not even funny, It's stuck into my brain so hard. Anyways, when they played the song, the audience sung it, May (the cosplay Host) chose 10 people who had enough Spunk and excitement to be onstage. ALICIA WON!!!! She was actually up there singing it!! There was a compitition too, the ten people sang the song and 3 were chosen as finalists. Remember, 3 were chosen, out of the entire ten. Each person got to do a karioki to the song once. When it was Alicia's move, she later said that she had no dancing experience, so she tried kickboxing. She did awesome twists and jumps, and she ended by doing a double kick on the air and shouting "POKEMON!!!!" and landing it perfectly.

Guess what.
    ALICIA WAS ONE OF THE 3 PEOPLE CHOSEN FOR THE FINALS!!!! I was so excited cuz you had to be really good to be in the Karioki finals. She was against a little boy and an older boy. Another awesome thing was that the finalists recieved Pokemon Collisuliom! So Alicia got that, FREE. But the grand prize was a gamecube, so she had to do her best to win it.

When she played, she was a total rockstar, doing the flips and twirls and jumps and turns and even did a few dance moves. Every often she would do a Hitmonlee special Jump Kick and always landing it with both feet. And finally, she finished by shouting "POKEMON!!!" and jumping so high in the air, doing a double kick, and landing kneeled. It was so awesome.

Well, the voting was based off audience applause, and they really thought the little kid was cute, so he got the prize (grr) but she did get in a close second! So she got to go home with Pokemon Colliseim! But she still did really awesome.

We went home very satisfied and happy. In the end, I will never, EVER forget my day at the Seattle Center Expo. Hall at the Pokemon Rocks Seattle 2004.

So that is what I did today, and for everyone who hasn't gone, I strongly urge you to go next year, I know I am!

GOD.

life is great
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2005
    ^indeed...........but i can do that better

holy dog toffie with greasy poop, that sounds amazing, i must remember to go, i just go's to show that pokemon rulez, i love the thought of the fun youv'e had

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
  • Whoa...you guys did a LOT of stuff and were actually productive. I think I'm too shy to go up onto stage. And I can't sing...>_>;
    I went to the Seattle one...although since I'm from California I was a bit short on time. I had to leave the event at 2pm and I was too busy taking photos. >_>; My photo is on the Pokemon.com site, errr...that wasn't a good photo though. But I didn't have Leaf Green/Fire Red so I couldn't get Deoxys nor could I go to the Union Room and I forgot my trading cards in my apartment. What a bummer, but I still had fun. XD If you guys wanna see photos:

https://zapchu.com/dark_pokemonrocks2004.htm

I have one question...WHO IS THE PROFFESSOR I TOOK A PHOTO WITH?! And a bunch of other people asked if they could take my photo. =-=; Maybe I should just be the official May cosplayer at these events. Nah...next time I'm going to do Team Magma. xD For sureee~! I'm definately attending again next year.

Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Enthusiast
    Years
  • That's a guy that's named "Rocket Elite" Online, but I dunno what his name is IRL.
    He too went onstage and did a Kareoke with his Pikachu Doll....I should search his name and maybe he has some insights (or pics) of the PRS(Pokemon Rocks Seattle)! Cuz I've been looking all over for some online pics with me and my friends in it, but I haven't found any yet T_T!

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
  • Water Pokemon Master said:
    That's a guy that's named "Rocket Elite" Online, but I dunno what his name is IRL.
    He too went onstage and did a Kareoke with his Pikachu Doll....I should search his name and maybe he has some insights (or pics) of the PRS(Pokemon Rocks Seattle)! Cuz I've been looking all over for some online pics with me and my friends in it, but I haven't found any yet T_T!

Hmm...I still don't know who he is. xD Anyways, if you find out if he has taken more photos of the event I'd like to see them as well.

Back