• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yearboox

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    - Were yearbooks offered to you throughout grade school?
    - If so, have you ever purchased one?
    - And were they quality yearbooks, or just crappy little paperback magazine things?
    - Have you ever been involved in the making of a yearbook?

Each school I went to offered year books, I never purchased one because I don't care, they were hardcovers and well-organized and professional-looking, and I was offered a position in yearbook staff but I rejected the offer (regrettably, they were always released early =3=) so that my class schedule was similar to my friends' schedules.

Nica made me do it.™ ( '')b

Ninetales433

KHR Forever *-*
    Years
  • Were yearbooks offered to you throughout grade school?
    In my grade school it was.
    If so, have you ever purchased one?
    Every year.
    And were they quality yearbooks, or just crappy little paperback magazine things?
    Some are paperback,some are quality yearbooks.
    Have you ever been involved in the making of a yearbook?
    Not once.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • yes im getting one at the end of september -_-
    they are having student polls like 'who is the quietest student in the year?'
    duh i know everyone is going to pick me ¬¬

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Yes, and they still are.

I purchased one in second grade (that I recently found; was fun showing it to my peers last week) and in eighth grade. Might consider purchasing one this year.

- And were they quality yearbooks, or just crappy little paperback magazine things?
    Former was paperback, latter was quality.

Nope, not at all.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Yeah, they offered me the chance to buy one ever since Middle School. I bought one for every year in Middle School, but I lost my 6th grade one. :( Yeah, it looked very professional. I was actually very surprised to see how amazing it was the first time I saw it. Well, the 8th grade yearbook was especially good looking. Nah, I wasn't offered the chance, but it would've been boring since I don't know anyone in the Yearbook staff.

I didn't buy this year's yearbook, however. It cost $50!! Sorry, but I know that there are better things to buy with $50. Even so, I would just borrow my friend's this time.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Only got offered one in year 12, but, I wrote a story for it, so the teacher said I can just get it for free, even though it cost $10 for everyone else. It was also terrible quality. Seriously, PC members could design it better. The rendering of images was also terrible, and too much black and white, not to mention it was all just paper, and not even laminated or anything. I wasn't involved in putting it together though, since they gave that task to the year 11s at the time (the ones in media, so it was compulsary for their course anyway.) Though since we were in the year 12 media class, we got some input, such as writing stories, and at one point, the teacher in charge of designing the yearbook asked us for another question to ask the year 12s (since we got a section in there in which we were given questions that we had to answer) then a student walked past from our class and said "where's miss -insert name here-?" The teacher wrote that down as a question and ended up being a theme throughout the yearbook, trying to find her/pictures of her.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Were yearbooks offered to you throughout grade school? I get them from all the schools I've been educated in.

If so, have you ever purchased one? Forced to. It's made compulsory by the school ever since its introduction.

And were they quality yearbooks, or just crappy little paperback magazine things? As a colourless paperback, it's a waste of money.

Could have, since I declined to be interview, but then I had to ghostwrite for someone and keep details of certain events, so...

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • - Were yearbooks offered to you throughout grade school?
    Yes, in 5th and 8th grade.

5th grade was free, and yes, I brought the 8th grade one

The 5th grade one was a bit crappy. It was just the kids and a few cologes(Can't spell). The 8th grade one was epic, though.

The 8th grade one, yes. Found a whole page filled with photos I took

I remember also, in the 8th grade one, my friends tried to get in a picture of me and this girl hugging, but I managed to remove it. :P

Years
    Yes they were.
    Yes I have.
    They were actually pretty nice, I was impressed with them.
    Nope.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Yes, every year.
    Yes, I purchased four IIRC. 5th, 7th, 11th, and 12th grade.
    In elementary school they were cheap paperbacks with no color photo sections. Quality began to improve as I went through the grades.
    Yep, I was on yearbook staff senior year, and I was in charge of doing the computer layouts for many of the pages, choosing picture and font sizes that would fit the best on a page.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    No, only in Year 4, but that was because most of the class was moving school to middle school..
    Noo school payed for it.
    Quality, as I still have it on my bookshelf =3
    No, I was lazy.. Still am

Ayselipera

I didn't get one till my last year of middle school. Which was 8th grade.

Yep, but I have no idea where I put it. :(

No it was actually really nice. It was hardcover and came in color.

Nahh Dawgg.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    Well in my elementary school, yearbooks were never offered and my grade 6 class decided to make the first ever for our grade only, because we were the graduating grade. I don't know if the tradition was continued, but I hope so haha.

I have been purchasing yearbooks since grade 7 and am now in grade 12. :D

They've all been quite good. All of them student-made, just company-printed. Hardcover. Very nice.

Yes, this year and last year I've been involved in the yearbook and it's lots of fun. :D

This feels like a survey lol

Years
  • I can't remember if any of my grade or middle schools had yearbooks, but I assume not.

High school, of course. They were all nice hardback editions costing between $30-$50. That's why I only bought one my senior year, just to have one for nostalgia's sake later on, plus so people could sign it. Didn't really tote it around, and I didn't want to ask people about it. The yearbook itself? Nice, I suppose. I don't have it with me; I'm not attached to it. If anything I wish I had pictures of the handprints we put in the hallways. Now that was awesome. Yearbooks, meh. :(

As for the last question, no, I've never participated in the making of a yearbook, minus a sheet of paper we had to fill out for our senior info. The quote I gave was super lame. I am never reading that thing again.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Were yearbooks offered to you throughout grade school?
    Only once in elementary school (when I was in 2nd grade) and all throughout middle and high school.

If so, have you ever purchased one?
    Every time they were offered.

And were they quality yearbooks, or just crappy little paperback magazine things?
    My 2nd grade "yearbook" was a simple paperback. My middle school yearbooks were relatively thin hardcovers of average quality. My high school yearbooks were thicker and of reasonably high quality.

I never had the time or the inclination to get involved in helping make a yearbook.

Back