• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Collection of Short Stories[PG-13]

xJordan360

plurfection.
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    Here, I will post a collection of my works in short stories.
    Feel free to critique (Actually, I would encourage you to do so).
    Be sure to check out my Poetry, link in my siggy, as well.
    :]

Reflections of the Heart
    Spoiler:

The Timeless
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • First thoughts were; Oh God, newbie there's no need for spoiler tags. Seriously...
    But, when I opened it, you blew me away. :D

I'm not one for sappy romance type fics, but I have to say that you handled this really well. In case you haven't noticed, I'm a critic/reviewer. Lol

Anyway, let's begin.
    The mere fact that it's a sort off drabble makes it easy for me to analyze every single bit and particle.
    The lights were dim.(Effective setting of mood and visualization.) A cliche horror film played on my television, but I had no clue what it was about(Filler makes it all worthwhile in the long-run. You relate more to the reader with this kind of thing.). The mere inches between us felt like miles, yet at the same time I felt no distance at all(I like the inversion of words here. It;s really poetic in a sense.). The plain box sat unnoticed on the coffee table, waiting to be opened(Yet again, spectacular and straight to the point.).
    The movie closes on an overdone happy ending.(This also sets the tone that the narrator is fixed on something other than the background.) As the credits roll, I silently hand her the brown box. She held it in her hands, testing its weight. Pulling the box open, she carefully peered inside. As the contents of the box registered in her mind, a grin broke out on her face.
    She pulled out a soft, red plushie; a penguin. Holding it tight against her she mumbled a quiet thank you. She had told me not to get her anything, but I knew she loved it.(Favourite part btw.)
    *Squees* :D
    The second film began, and the distance between us again felt so far, yet nonexistent. Without much thought,my fingers stretched towards hers, our hands intertwining. Such a simple act of affection has never made me feel more complete.(Seriously though, you have a real flair for the theatrics. Have you ever considered soliloquy writing for character monologues?)
    It lasted forever, yet ended far too soon.
    Indeed it did.

Well, I see plenty of potential for you in the field of fiction writing. You're very poetic and talented. Keep writing. Maybe start an actual fic. Keep at it!
    <(^_^<)
    (>^_^)>
    d(^_^)b

Last edited:

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    First thoughts were; Oh God, newbie there's no need for spoiler tags. Seriously...
    But, when I opened it, you blew me away. :D

I'm not one for sappy romance type fics, but I have to say that you handled this really well. In case you haven't noticed, I'm a critic/reviewer. Lol

Anyway, let's begin.
    The mere fact that it's a sort off drabble makes it easy for me to analyze every single bit and particle.
    *Squees* :D
    Indeed it did.

Well, I see plenty of potential for you in the field of fiction writing. You're very poetic and talented. Keep writing. Maybe start an actual fic. Keep at it!
    <(^_^<)
    (>^_^)>
    d(^_^)b
    Ahh, thank you for the feedback.
    :]
    I'm actually very proud of that piece of work.
    Truth be told, it's non-fiction, which is perhaps how I managed to "capture the moment" so well.

Also, I have posted another piece entitled "The Timeless".
    It is a concept for a full-length book I wish to write, eventually.
    Feedback not only on the writing, but on the concept itself would be greatly appreciated.

A second note on the new piece, I wrote it in passive voice in my journal, and edited it as I typed it. Let me know if I missed any bit.

Back