PDA

View Full Version : WHAT DO YOU MEAN I STILL NEED 4139 STEPS?!

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
February 23rd, 2010, 08:53 AM
Have you ever kept dousing yourself with repels to keep going down Route 113 in Hoenn to collect a bunch of Volcanic ash to get those special items made by Glass Workshop?

And how long did it take you before you were sick of it?
All that pacing, back and forth, covering yourself with ash and being cold... so, coooooolllllllldddddddd.....

All those Spinda, Skarmory... the occasional Sandshrew... and Slugma exclusive to Emerald... so... coooooolllllllllldddddddddd.....

er, right.
So, how was collecting ash for you?

Christopher
February 23rd, 2010, 10:01 AM
I went through there once on the way to Fallabar (spelled wrong I know sorry)
never went back hated it hate Spinda can't stand the place just my opinion

TheAppleFreak
February 23rd, 2010, 10:03 AM
I collected a little bit of ash, made it into a flute (can't remember which one) and got out of there really fast. But that was my reaction to Hoenn in general.

mondays suck
February 23rd, 2010, 10:39 AM
If I'm there and want the Black Flute, I always grind there instead of walking with Repels. Since Spinda is so extremely common at that place, it's a paradise for things that need Sp.A EVs, even though I never do any serious EV training, I still utilize this quite often.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
February 23rd, 2010, 11:05 AM
I used it for Special Attack EV training only. The ash items (like Ash the anime character) aren't worth my time or effort. But with all the EV training I used to do there I might have enough ash for something. Now where did I put my Emerald...?

DGexe
February 23rd, 2010, 11:13 AM
I think I seriously started collecting ash for the pretty chair and desk in my last playthrough of Sapphire. I repelled myself and wandered about for a good while... and for some reason it didn't bother me at all. o_o *freak*

I didn't get enough ash, but as far as I'm concerned, I have all the time in the world to go ash-collecting now that I've beaten the Elite Four.

Xebelleon
February 23rd, 2010, 11:15 AM
I'm another one of those Spinda killers. One would think they would/should be exinct and be a fossil in the near years of the future given how hideously common they are.

The Doctor
February 23rd, 2010, 11:16 AM
I went mad and collect lots of ash once and made every single flute, i was ash crazyebehehehyehehehe.

Though i dont find it cold because ITS JUST A GAME!

Zan
February 23rd, 2010, 01:58 PM
Meh it dident bother me much cuz i just make the flute that wakes up your pokemon, and then i usealy get outer there

Lt_Nite
February 23rd, 2010, 02:48 PM
To be honest I never tried to collect ash. I think MAYBE once but I didn't get anywhere. Maybe on my next run through I will.

Medli
February 23rd, 2010, 04:33 PM
I think I seriously started collecting ash for the pretty chair and desk in my last playthrough of Sapphire. I repelled myself and wandered about for a good while... and for some reason it didn't bother me at all. o_o *freak*

I guess I'm a freak as well. On my first playthrough in Sapphire when I was about 8 years old, I actually saved up enough ash for the pretty chair and desk. If I remember correctly, I think I also got enough ash to get at least one of each of the flutes. I guess I was really patient.

I don't think I have that patience anymore. Actually, wait. I know that I'm not patient enough anymore.

Gamefreaked
February 23rd, 2010, 10:31 PM
Dude I hated that place, I personally think it is not only the ugliest place in RSE but that the pokemon there are also the ugliest ones in RSE. Gawrd I remember trying to get everything on that damned list, I spent at least a good 20 hours total in that one place... pacing back and fort, back... and then forth.... then back again. Freagin items weren't even worth it.

Idiot!
February 25th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Insert random filler here.

Pokestick, good times.
February 25th, 2010, 08:53 AM
I hardly ever did it, and when I did I kept asking myself why the hell I were doing it... SO ah well, I might have gotten a flute or two but...

It was SOOO COOLLLD... D:

Pokey Out :t156:

mattman324
February 25th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Everytime I play emerald (Or Ruby or Saphire) I make it a point to train my pokemon on those routes just to get the Blue and Yellow flutes. If I get lucky, maybe the Red Flute to. I couldn't care less about the rest though.

Nikorasu
February 25th, 2010, 09:53 AM
I found the area utterly boring. The pokemon there had to appeal to me.

Teh Blazer
February 25th, 2010, 05:33 PM
I only went there for the blue flute (wakey-wakey). Since the games came out, I never got a piece of furniture. NEVER.

Alli
February 25th, 2010, 07:31 PM
I actually train there for a long time anyway, so I end up with a lot of ash. I need a Blue, Red, and Yellow Flute before I advance. But that's just me.

Kendall
February 25th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Yeah, I'd run around there for a while and get ash, but I never got anything more than the first few flutes. I mainly went there because I loved the music.

Klofkac
February 26th, 2010, 06:52 AM
I don't like the encounters, without that it could be good idea. I don't want to throw away repels!

Alakazam17
February 26th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Oh yeah, I remember that, and I found it very annoying. I remember breaking it down into a science, finding the perfect path so that I could walk over every patch in the shortest amount of time, and then leave the area and come back. I repeated this process until I had all the items. =D

And seeing as I've kept the items ever since(even trading some to my 4th gen games), I'll conclude that it was worth it! :D

DGexe
February 26th, 2010, 10:44 AM
And seeing as I've kept the items ever since(even trading some to my 4th gen games), I'll conclude that it was worth it! :D

o_o You can trade the items over to DPPt/HGSS? Whoa... I didn't think that Game Freak had considered such a possibility, although I guess it'd make sense to program the items in should that occur.

560cool.
February 26th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Oh SNAP ! , not that place ! >_<

It was me whos stood an entire night with his GBA in his hand trying to get that Glass Table . Then , at 3 AM or so after walking like a crazy Triathlon Guy who tries to beat his master , I went to the Glass Shop (or whatever ...) NOTE : My battery was red ....

"You still need 1 more step for that item " NOTE : I was holding my finger over the light since it annoys me .

Goes out on the door , keeping calm ... then guess what ?
You guessed ?
GREAT !
If it's correct , my battery ran out !

So ..... SUICIDES !!!

How would you feel ? I was so horrible mooded that next day at school that I got a C in Maths . Since then , I never walked around that place , except when I replay RSE so I can reach Fallarbor and, respectively, Meteor Falls .

I'm still like : >>____<<

Amore
February 26th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Lol, I go through there tons.Unlike other Spinda haters (although the unique spots thing is cool), I don't avoid them, I hunt them down to kill

Cassino
February 26th, 2010, 03:20 PM
I love Route 113's theme; it was more that than the ash collection that kept me there.

Esmas
February 28th, 2010, 08:18 AM
I think I only collected ash enough for a few things from that glass workshop. That stuff wasn't much of a priority for me.

~Hot n' Cold~
March 3rd, 2010, 01:53 PM
I never tried the hobby of Soot-Sacking ever.
After this thread I started.
And I thought WHAT DO YOU MEAN I STILL NEED 7812 STEPS?!

So yeah, soot-sacking is over for me.
It's too challenging. And annoying.

Fred100
March 3rd, 2010, 07:53 PM
Ne neither , It's a hard thing to do , and because I get frequent head aches doing that , I Used to just do it once for 2000 while visiting the mountain

Champloo
March 4th, 2010, 02:59 PM
I sure have =)

Now that I think about it I don't think any of the items are really worth it =/

JuiceBaux
March 6th, 2010, 03:46 PM
i used to excessively play Pokemon ruby (288:00 hours)
i got every single glass item just for bragging rights.

Arma
March 6th, 2010, 03:59 PM
I only got the white flute from the workshop, didn't think all the other items were worth all the effort

TripleD
March 7th, 2010, 03:23 AM
Just when I thought I'd repressed all my memories...

Yah, I spent umpteen hours slogging through the ash. I was under some delusion that the higher up items actually did something. I mean, "Nintendo wouldn't make us go through all this trouble for something that just sat around and looked pretty... would it?"

aquatorrent
March 11th, 2010, 05:09 AM
i just do it when i want it, so i just get some of the glasses. it's boring, you know :D

Kratosx
March 12th, 2010, 02:26 AM
I did it on ruby back in the days got all the ash items, Am I the only one that thinks volcanic ash is warm not cold?

xPsychosocial
March 14th, 2010, 02:15 PM
I went there a few times to get the flutes that's about it. =\
Got bored there a lot of times. :P

Melody
March 14th, 2010, 02:29 PM
I love Route 113's theme; it was more that than the ash collection that kept me there.

Yeah, same here. Sometimes some of the Pokemon musical themes are so dang divine that you cant stop listening to them <33

Like Sevault Canyon in FR/LG and Route 113 in R/S/E. n.n

Enigma
March 14th, 2010, 04:27 PM
I went down there when I was going to Fallarbor or something, then I stayed awhile because of the theme and collected some ash. I only got up to the Yellow or Blue flute.

Pikachukid
March 14th, 2010, 04:58 PM
I'm playing Emerald and walking through this area right now. Just got my Seviper (came out modest but I'm not complaining) and I guess I'll go kill some Spindas now. (The first Spinda I caught had spots on its cheeks and spots on it's ears so it looked like a Panda-Pikachu. I named it cheeks. I loved that Spinda but only because it looked like a pikachu and I will have no problem killing Spindas)

ArmchairRomeo
March 14th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Am I the only one that thinks volcanic ash is warm not cold?

It makes the area cold because it blocks out the sun.

But no. I hated that place. (But I just wanted some flutes so badly so I tolerated it.)

sabapple
March 21st, 2010, 05:14 PM
Well, I never really collected any of the glass items because I was ignorant and thought that they would break after using them so I didn't bother obtaining them.... Wow, do I feel stupid XP

BHwolfgang
March 21st, 2010, 06:52 PM
After obtaining the pretty table, I quit. I already massacred enough Spinda for a lifetime.

Imperator161
March 21st, 2010, 08:28 PM
I got more than enough ash for all of the items thanks to Sp. Attack EV training. If I'm not EV training, I try to avoid the area, but I EV there pretty often. Also, my first random, wild shiny was a Spinda that I caught there in Sapphire, so I have an attachment to the area.

mew²
March 21st, 2010, 11:35 PM
I got every item there. Then I restarted my Emerald and lost all the items.
I set me DS down and got some cookie dough soon after.

Lati-Fan95
March 22nd, 2010, 12:56 AM
I LOVE this place! It´s the only snowy place in Hoenn and it has Hoenn´s best theme!^^ I really got every single ash item there (I wanted to know how they look and I wanted to brag a little, too!^^) and I´d even do it again cuz the chair + desk really look awesome in a secret base!^^

But I don´t get why there are so many Spinda-haters out there: It looks awesome, is the only Pokemon that you could catch 30+ times and every one would look a little different and it has an interesting movepool!^^ I even trained one till 100 (I still have it!^^) !

Psydragon
March 27th, 2010, 07:08 AM
I got everything the ash guy had to offer. Things get ugly when you're bored.

Zeffy
March 29th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Collecting ash?

I did it ONCE but cant ever stand that too much Spindas. Don't get me wrong, I like Spindas, but too much of them? I cant stand that I'd rather fight Bloody Mary in Terranigma than face those many Spindas.

So many Spindas, so cold, so cold.