• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Top Five Theroies

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
Years
  • I make up a lot of Pokemon theories here are my top five:

5. Volkner and Falkner were once rivals:
    I like this one cause it would fit so perfectly. Volkner is the last gym leader in his region while Falkner is the first. Volkner uses electric Pokemon which Falkner's flying type Pokemon are weak against. They even have similar names, well in english any ways.

4. Agatha and Bertha are the same person:
    Now, if the first generation and the third generation take place around the same time and the second and fourth generation take place round the same time it could be possible. I mean, in the second generation Agatha isn't one of the Kanto elites, isn't it possible that she went to Sinnoh and became an elite there just under another title.

3. Agatha and Bertha are twins:
    I support this one more then the last one. It's just easier imagining the Agatha has a twin sister then here trying to pretend to be a nice old lady.

2. Bruno was orginally going to be the first gym leader:
    I mean look at him, him and Brock looked a lot a like in the first games, isn't possible that they were going to use Bruno but then he looked too big to be just a first gym, gym leader. Not to meantion the fact Bruno was put into the game before the other gym leaders and elites (it's true, look it up).

1. Cubone is Kangaskhan's baby:
    I know this one is old and every body has said it at least a dozen times over but I said it before any one else said it so ha!

Stairmaster

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    #5 has no real logical backing. So I can't say I agree with this.

#3 and #4 also really do not make any sense to me. Just because they're both old they're the same person/twins. They have no other parallels. (type, order of procession, personality, etc)

I think #2 is certainly viable though.

And, as we know, Cubone is Marowak's baby.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • #5- Seems like a very very big stretch to me at least but hey who knows!
    3 and 4- I dunno about twins or same person but maybe sisters to say the least, always wondered about it.
    #2- Kinda agree with but I dunno much about that.
    #1- As much as it's probably not true I like to believe it is from pics I've seen lol

Interesting theories kinda gets one thinkin.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    It's a (perhaps not-so) well known fact that some Gym leaders know each other, even from separate regions. How's this? Bruno, Brawly, and Chuck meeting up with the Saffron Dojo master for some training in a mountain somewhere. Also, your sig lies. Kangaskahn =/= Cubone.

This is (once again) a good thing to put in the Universe Q&A thread that I so shamelessly promote.

Years
  • Dudes, READ Marowak's entry: Marowak is the evolved form of a Cubone that has overcome its sadness at the loss of its mother and grown tough. This Pokémon's tempered and hardened spirit is not easily broken.

Explain that.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • Dudes, READ Marowak's entry: Marowak is the evolved form of a Cubone that has overcome its sadness at the loss of its mother and grown tough. This Pokémon's tempered and hardened spirit is not easily broken.

Explain that.
    What does that prove?
    Listen it goes like this:
    Baby Kangaskhan > Adult Kangaskhan
    Baby Kangaskhan > Cubone > Marowak

Ayselipera

5. Possibly, but I haven't seen or heard anything that would lead me to believe that. Still, it's quite possible.

4. and 3. I won't lie, I've thought from time to time that Agatha and Bertha are similar in the fact that they are old women who are part of the Elite Four. I'm more likely to think that they are sisters then the same person under a different name. Even so I doubt they are of sister relation.

2. I think this is a good observation. If Bruno really was programmed into the games before a lot of the leaders then that would sway me into believing that it's possible. Out of all your theories I agree with you on this one the most.

1. Maybe at some point it was going to be Kangaskhan's baby. Either that or they ran out of ideas and made it look similar to Kangaskhan.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
  • 5.your reasonings arent right...i agree but not by your reasons
    4 and three i support totally since i played diamond...
    2 yea i actaully thought brunowas brocks brother in the old games and
    1 cubone ends up as a Marowak if Kangeskhan dies.if it doesnt then it becoes a Kangishkan.....that should have been your theory...

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • I make up a lot of Pokemon theories here are my top five:

5. Volkner and Falkner were once rivals:
    I like this one cause it would fit so perfectly. Volkner is the last gym leader in his region while Falkner is the first. Volkner uses electric Pokemon which Falkner's flying type Pokemon are weak against. They even have similar names, well in english any ways.
    According to your first point, Brock & Wallace/Juan, Brock & Volkner, Roxanne & Volkner, Roxanne & Claire, Roxanne & Giovanni... they all should be rivals to each other.

Going by this point about the type-effectiveness, Brock & Wallace/Juan should be rivals then too.

The naming thing... doesn't... really... prove much? Really, who's immature enough to be battling rivals over a name? :I

4. Agatha and Bertha are the same person:
    Now, if the first generation and the third generation take place around the same time and the second and fourth generation take place round the same time it could be possible. I mean, in the second generation Agatha isn't one of the Kanto elites, isn't it possible that she went to Sinnoh and became an elite there just under another title.

Eeeh, although I commend Agatha for being as old as she is and still being an epic battler, I highly doubt she'd randomly take on a disguise just to be in yet another Elite Four lineup. If that were the case, she could just stay in the Kanto/Johto lineup until she left on her own accord or the league kindly tried to explain that she was getting up there in the years. I think Agatha would be smart enough to know when to quit, however (otherwise, the HQ would get an earfull out of her). More than likely, she left on her own accord between Gen I and Gen II and retired finally.

3. Agatha and Bertha are twins:
    I support this one more then the last one. It's just easier imagining the Agatha has a twin sister then here trying to pretend to be a nice old lady.

Okay... I guess this could make some sense? They could be fraternal twins, at least (or cousins). I can find this more believable than #4 (and I'm too tired to argue why it isn't plausable)

2. Bruno was orginally going to be the first gym leader:
    I mean look at him, him and Brock looked a lot a like in the first games, isn't possible that they were going to use Bruno but then he looked too big to be just a first gym, gym leader. Not to meantion the fact Bruno was put into the game before the other gym leaders and elites (it's true, look it up).

This certainly makes sense and could've been very much pausable. *leaves it be*

1. Cubone is Kangaskhan's baby:
    I know this one is old and every body has said it at least a dozen times over but I said it before any one else said it so ha!

*slowly headshakes* No, no. I know this is pretty popular too, but everyone knows that Marowak begets Cubone. If Game Freak had intended for Cubone's line to include Kangaskhan, and visa versa, then they would've done that from the start. Kangaskhan is Normal. Cubone is Ground. They look only slightly akin to each other, but not enough to say they are of the same family. That's like saying Pika's line and Plusle/Minun are of the exact same line, when obviously they just share some physical traits.

Last edited:
    Back