• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Introducing a friend to Pokemon--What episode should I show?

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
Years
  • A friend of mine has become interested in anime, and I figured showing her an episode of Pokemon would be a good place to start. The problem is, I'm not sure which episode to show.

I do have a short list of episodes:

--The Problem with Paras (one of the first episodes I watched)
    --The Battling Eevee Bros. (my first episode)
    --Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon (one of the memorable Kanto episodes)
    --Dig those Diglett (another classic episode)
    --Good Quil Hunting (since it features Cyndaquil, who I am going to start with on HG/SS)
    --The Totodile Duel (another favorite episode of mine)

Should I pick one of those, or another episode not on my list?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    How about the first episode? :P I personally wouldn't pick any of those except "Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon" since a lot seems to happen in that episode, it's quite funny (from what I remember) and Charmeleon evolves in Charizard, which comes back quite a few times during the series. Perhaps also "Electric Shock Showdown".

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • aww. I was gonna suggest the first episode :3 any of those in the list I would chose possibly the closest one to the first episode.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • Holy Matrimony was pretty funny with the whole crazy engagement going on with James, but of course, James is mostly focused in this episode and it sounds like you want Ash and his friends to be the focus.

I would say Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon would be a good choice. Gary even shows up in that episode and nothing is better than seeing Charizard in action, so that should be a good choice.

Then again, looking back at my episode list, Battle Aboard the St. Anne isn't so bad of choice either. It even leaves you at a cliffhanger, so if you're friend is interested, he or she would want to see what happens in the next episode.

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
  • Holy Matrimony was pretty funny with the whole crazy engagement going on with James, but of course, James is mostly focused in this episode and it sounds like you want Ash and his friends to be the focus.

I would say Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon would be a good choice. Gary even shows up in that episode and nothing is better than seeing Charizard in action, so that should be a good choice.

Then again, looking back at my episode list, Battle Aboard the St. Anne isn't so bad of choice either. It even leaves you at a cliffhanger, so if you're friend is interested, he or she would want to see what happens in the next episode.

This.
    Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon or Battle Aboard the St. Anne, both great episodes.

The Girl Once named Tracie

She who tames Celebi
    Years
  • I second The S.S. Anne.

When I introduced my little cousin to pokemon, I showed her 'Here Comes the Squirtle Squad' and she loved it. Though, your friend probably isn't a ten year old girl, so I'm not sure the same thing applies, but I think it's worth a shot (;

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Anything old. I think the older episodes are much better than the newer. And besides, the beginning it always better. Yay nostaligia!

Abs0l

Future Manga Maker
    Years
  • Anything old. I think the older episodes are much better than the newer. And besides, the beginning it always better. Yay nostaligia!
    i agree with you
    the old episodes were pretty amazing.
    Now in the new episodes. Some of the episodes are basically the same thing as old ones. The same plot

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Let her start with the first episode with Dawn. No point starting with an ancient episode with characters we all miss and... *sobs* Start with Dawn, it's fresh.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • As a lot have said it would be best to go with the first episode and continue through that way its easier for your friend to understand without having you try to explain who the characters are.

Back