• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

-?!/,:;"`"\>.<

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • Couldn't find a thread like this anywhere... Also, the face at the end was intentional. xD

Grammer! We try to avoid as many grammatical mistakes as we can whenever were doing our homework or writing that annoying and pointless thesis essay for college. xD

So my question to you is, how well is your grammer? Do you check each sentence 15 times over to make sure you got your commas(,), periods(.), etc correct? Or are you the "Grammer Nazi" as many people have decided to put it? xD

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • My boyfriend calls me a Grammar Nazi all the time XD

Being brought up in a house with lots of books and where reading was encouraged I've never had problems with my own grammar. It's just other peoples' I can't stand XD I frequently get schoolfriends coming up to me in hallway to look over their English homework before they hand it in :L

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    how well is your grammer?
    I see what you did there.

I'm in the Grammar Nazi social group here — I think that says enough. I only correct my friends mistakes though since some strangers have some sort of arrogant "how dare you make apparent your intelligence" way about it. I tend to instinctively get everything right anyway, although everyone makes mistakes.

Daeva Okami-Luca

∞Protector∞
    Years
  • People who cannot spell to save their lives, who utterly disregard the eloquence of proper grammar, and those who cannot differentiate between you're and your, annoy the bejeezes out of me.

Years
  • I love grammar. In general, the entire concept fascinates me. (:

Yet, at the same time, I tend to find great humor in those who obsess over grammar. I mean, it's the internet, is it not? Why waste time obsessing over people not using it and being like "omg >.>;;;; This noob isn't using grammar >.<!!" when one can use one's time in a much more efficient manner? It just seems pointless. If you can read the post, then who cares? :)

Ergo, I find more humor in those who 'Nazi' grammar rather than those who do not use it at all. x)

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • While I don't particularly care about where punctuation goes, unless someone totally just throws random punctuation marks in there, I do care about spelling, and word order. I also hate seeing people abbreviate, and I avoid doing so whenever I can.

While I don't expect flawless grammar, I do expect readable grammar that doesn't make you want to scream. >O

Years
  • Reading and writing were always what I was best at. Proper grammar is second nature to me so I know, for instance, that I ended my first sentence in a preposition and that I'd probably want to reword it if this were a college essay. I'm confident (perhaps overconfident) that I know how to punctuate a sentence correctly so I don't bother checking most of the time. Some of the finer points can escape me, but my grammar is never so poor that it's unclear what I'm trying to say.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I check every sentence 5 times.

Then I post it and realize there was a really obvious mistake about five minutes later.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    I don't check over any sentences at all (too lazy for that), well, I do look at what I'm writing or typing to see if there's a spelling error or a comma in the wrong place, but I only check it once, not fifteen times or anything like that, just once, and it's usually write for me anyway, so there's no need to.

I wouldn't call myself a grammar 'Nazi', it doesn't annoy me to see bad grammar in places although when it's online I do think it's noobish. :|

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • My grammar is awesome...so awesome in fact that both on Internet postings and school assignments, I'd estimate that I catch 1 mistake in proofreading for every 100 posts/10 essays.

I wouldn't call myself a grammar nazi as people like to say. I find I'm one of the few people that can decipher a post, even if there are some huge errors in it. I does irk me to see ppl type liek dis thinking dey look coo or sumthin tho, but I usually just mock them and be on my way. XD

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • Generally, I don't have much of a problem with grammar. I'm a little bit of a geek, I read books and poems all the time, so it's improved my grammar nicely. And I do get annoyed when people make obvious mistakes in grammar. ("Their", "There", "They're" and "Your", "You're")

I also get annoyed when people use chat speak ("Wen r u going out tomoz?") for no reason. (It's acceptiable on Twitter when you run out of room)

Sadly, my spelling isn't very good, and I do make silly typo's. But I usually correct them unless I'm in a rush.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    I iz leik a drunk wizurd trieing to maek a spell. [/Totally random, but hilarious to this simple minded fool] XD
    I just try to make my posts, homework, messages and other things understandable. English writing comes naturaly for me. (Compared to other Norwegian idiots. XD)
    So what if I have a few errors? Pobody's nerfect!!! =D

Years
  • My grammar isn't perfect, but I try my best to make it correct before posting anything. I worry a lot in general, and I don't want to look like a complete idiot. @@;;

Considering I write as a hobby, I better have decent grammar. I've definitely grown over the years, but there's still room for improvement. :) Sadly I think it's worse than I realize. Then again, that's true for all aspects of my writing. It's pretty awful.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Couldn't find a thread like this anywhere... Also, the face at the end was intentional. xD

Grammer! We try to avoid as many grammatical mistakes as we can whenever were doing our homework or writing that annoying and pointless thesis essay for college. xD

So my question to you is, how well is your grammer? Do you check each sentence 15 times over to make sure you got your commas(,), periods(.), etc correct? Or are you the "Grammer Nazi" as many people have decided to put it? xD
    It's grammar, not grammer. And in the context you used were, it's actually we're. How well is my grammar? Makes no sense.

I guess I can be a bit of a Grammar Nazi? Although my spelling and grammar is nothing beyond ordinary.

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I love grammar in general and always correct my friends. But I usually write a sentence or two and then realise a couple minutes later I have made a grammar or spelling mistake. (Usually spelling.)

I am like SO strict with spelling and grammar and I hate it when People tlk like this u know. ARGH it so frustrates me!

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I.hate?it whenpeople,correct!mygrammar on-the/internet*itis 'nt scho^ol or any)thing.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • People tell me off for not using any grammar but now I try to use it more often XP

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I wrote the fan fiction section's help thread on grammar. I am definitely picky about my own grammar, but I'm willing to ignore the mistakes of others for the most part.

I have more of a problem with typos because my keyboard is full of epic fail.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • i check my grammar every time i write something down its good to check for silly mistakes such as punctuational mistakes besides a good organized post makes u look smarter

Back