• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bye bye babies

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    If technology was... really waaaaaayyy more better than it is now, and basically... you had the power to eliminate babies. Well, in the sense of choosing whether a child could bypass the first five years of its life.

In other words... imagine you had all the power, you had the choice. You could make all babies in the world either to grow naturally or to start off at age five. (Which means hypothetically giving birth to five year olds.) Imagine all the crying in the shopping centres gone, imagine all the diapers gone and basically whatever else comes with raising a child. Though the downside is, parents may miss the crucial first years of the life of their child.

So what would you decide to do? Just remember that your decision affects everyone - and not just you.

Hopefully this is not too confusing :x

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Sure, I'd do it. Not so much because I think babies are ugly or loud, which I do, but because as many other animals are born able to run and such from the moment of birth, if I could be some sort of god able to naturally make human offspring like that, I would. We've long already passed the point at which our young starting defenseless is an 'oh exploitable' feature in nature — bears won't snatch our children anymore so we can focus on stopping said children snatching our own time and attention too much. But in the end I'm not for it if it would involve us modifying our own genes artificially.

Sokai

s ♥ n e
    Years
  • nah.
    i actually like babies.
    i'm just scared of little kids. .___.
    so yeah. i like them until they start talking, aha.

Years
  • Babies are how they are because they haven't learned anything, not because of their age. A five-year old who hadn't gone through five years of living would still be a baby, would cry and wet itself and all that. It would just be... bigger.

But if there was some kind of magic which fixed that then, yes, I'd do it. Babies are annoying.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Nope I don't think so some how XP I love babies, I remember when my cousin was born :3 she was so adorable and funny i liked watching her and looking after her.
    um, but really though don't know better do they? there young children still learning and growing so no i would not eliminate them. but still if a kid was 5 yrs old it will still moan, cry, poop, sleep and eat just like a baby but more controlled.... kinda... but babies still they poop, sleep, cry, eat ya just have to live with it.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I wouldn't do it. Like Scarf said, they would jsut be big babies. Oversized babies. I would rather stick out those first five years than throw them away. The memories that come with a baby are nice ones, and they are very cute. They have their down sides, but I wouldn't change the life cycle.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • I don't like spoilt, arrogant, demanding children. Ergo, I don't like babies that act the same way. If they're cute or something, maybe, but if they start bawling their eyes out(if they're toddlers) because you did something accidental that upset them, but wouldn't normally upset regular people, then that's when I get pissed.

Also, you can't even reprimand some kids because then they're parents will be like, "they're just kids!"

So yeah, if only mentally and not physically.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    They deserve their 5 years. We had them, right? They are precious, cherished memories we may or may not remember. But they are still there. However faint.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Absolutely not. I love babies and little kids. At 5, all the hard stuff like school starts. I'd rather enjoy five years of my baby. xD

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • Don't children learn their language easiest in the first few years of their life before they begin to talk in full sentences? Just wondering!!! Cause if that's true and they're five and they can't talk yet, but they have to go to school... would be a problem :P

I probably wouldn't. I have a wierd maternal instinct around babies 0.o

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • I don't like spoilt, arrogant, demanding children. Ergo, I don't like babies that act the same way. If they're cute or something, maybe, but if they start bawling their eyes out(if they're toddlers) because you did something accidental that upset them, but wouldn't normally upset regular people, then that's when I get pissed.

Also, you can't even reprimand some kids because then they're parents will be like, "they're just kids!"

So yeah, if only mentally and not physically.
    lmao, are you serious? That's what being a baby is about. They don't know right or wrong, they don't know that they're annoying you, and I'm sure if they did they'd quiet down. A baby is a baby for a reason, you know. If you're going to get pissy everytime a baby cries, then you're certainly in for a lot of pissy moods. Never mind 'regular people' because it's not fair to compare a baby to a fully matured person. That's absolute crap.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • No, but I'd do it if I could advance their age to 65

Probably not, especially if they'd skip the first five years of development. A baby acting like a baby is fine. A 5-year old acting like a baby is not.

Back