• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Does Religion Affect Your Life?

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2011
    So Im writing a letter to families so they could donate to an Espiritista church my grandparents are building.Its still christian :D
    I want to know everyone's point of view on religion and church.
    So if you want me to add questions here:
    1. How Has Religion Affected Your Life?
    2. How Strong Is Your Belief in Religion?
    3. How Has Church Affected Your Life?
    4. What Kind Of Things Would You Like To See In A Church?
    5. What Does Religion Mean To You?
    Add any other questions you think I might need to know or think about adding to the letter.
    I want to know what religion really means to people in their hearts.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • *friendly reminder to all subsequent posters to not flame or disrespect anyone's views*

1. How Has Religion Affected Your Life? It gives me hope in times when I'm down on my luck and going nowhere quickly. It also gives me a reason to keep living.
    2. How Strong Is Your Belief in Religion? Even though I've wavered as of late, it's still fairly strong.
    3. How Has Church Affected Your Life? As opposed to religion in general, I can totally do without the church. The only good it's done for me is introduce me to friends.
    4. What Kind Of Things Would You Like To See In A Church? Some more teaching of spirituality...as opposed to worrying about budgets, fundraisers, and community services.
    5. What Does Religion Mean To You? It means that I've always got someone to listen to my problems and can usually help if I ask for it.

*friendly reiteration for all subsequent posters to not flame or disrespect anyone's views*

Years
  • So if you want me to add questions here:

1. Was there when I was young, gave me a sort of community to be in.
    2. For organized religion, really low.
    3. Kinda the same as #1, so my answer is the same.
    4. Progressiveness.
    5. It's there for those who need it; I don't see the point in forcing people in to a religion, nor all the wars that have been fought for religious reasons. I respect the intentions that religions have, but the execution hasn't been the greatest.

Theodore Bruno

ADORABLOODTHIRSTY
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2011
    Well, most of my friends are religious, and I respect their choices in life, and they respect mine.

Weak, if not, non-existent

I still go to church a lot when my friends invite me, but it doesn't mean anything to me, really.

Less pushing of religion on others and more teaching respect and how to be a better person.

I dunno. I'm not religious. And really, I don't understand it that well. I apply reason and logic to it, when I should apply faith, which is difficult for me.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • 1. How Has Religion Affected Your Life?
    I don't know where I'd be without it. Probably be a fair bit more successful in life, but I'd always wonder what's the point of all this. Religion has given me meaning. Sure, I would live life, but not to the fullest.

I would die for it.

Greatly. While my Church has been a great part of my religious devotion, I feel I would have very similar ideas without it. Nonetheless, I feel my Church is vital.

Hmm... can't think of anything much right now. Maybe a congregation that listens more to the sermons?

Eh, without it, life would be really rough. Religion means a ton to me. It has always been a place to turn in rough times; a beacon when I'm not sure where to go. Life would be good without it, but with it, it is great.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    1. How Has Religion Affected Your Life? Negatively.
    2. How Strong Is Your Belief in Religion? I don't believe in it, however I do strongly believe that religion is a bad thing. ( ")b
    3. How Has Church Affected Your Life? Money used to keep churches going could be better spent elsewhere. However, the arson of churches by Varg Vikernes has affected my life, as he is now one of my idols.
    4. What Kind Of Things Would You Like To See In A Church? A bomb. I don't really care, I've only ever been to a cathedral once to admire the architecture, I don't attend church. Although most cathedrals now make people pay to enter.
    5. What Does Religion Mean To You? The cause of a lot of pointless ignorance in the world. inb4 someone says my boycott of religion is ignorant.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    1. How Has Religion Affected Your Life? was raised as a christian, then asked myself basic logical questions and within a short span of time strayed away from christianity and since have been condemned and have lost friends and have """been prayed for""""""' for my personal beliefs. whilst i was being spoonfed lies, i could have been learning something valuable or beneficial to society.
    2. How Strong Is Your Belief in Religion? 0%
    3. How Has Church Affected Your Life? watching people speak in tongues was vaguely amusing, mostly frightening
    4. What Kind Of Things Would You Like To See In A Church? less preachy/critical people and less involvement in politics; more helping hands and more encouraging the advancement of society
    5. What Does Religion Mean To You? nothing real positive

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
    It hasn't. I wasn't brought up to think religion is the way to live, I was able to choose. My parents are christian though. They just believe a person has the right to choose what they want, instead of being forced upon them as children because they were born to a christian family.
    I don't have a belief in any religion, mainly because I'd rather live life the way I want to instead of basing my life upon some corrupt book.
    It hasn't. I haven't gone since I was like, five..I think.
    Nothing.
    Nothing, never really cared for it.

You didn't state that people with no religious affiliations could answer this, so I did.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Idk, Church services made me hate going to church when I was little.
    I grew up, so not much anymore.
    It made me wake up early on countless sundays. =/
    Dodgeball (the game, not movie)
    Its just a belief system people use to hold on to hope and have faith for future events as well as give them a sense of some sort of after life.

Years
    Let's just say that I was forced into taking CCD classes just so my parents wanted me to have my first communion. I didn't like the whole experience and that's why I have a negative outlook on everything religious.

I don't follow any beliefs. If any, I'm not a fan of anything religious.

It's to the point where I wouldn't even go into a church for any reason. While I know that most people will share their views about religion and answer a question or two about it, I'm more worried about the ones who take it too far.

You got me.

While it does help many people who follow the teachings and everything, just keep me away from it. I'm not going to live my life because of some book or some guy who lived 2000 years ago. If it makes you happy, fine. I'll march to the beat of my own drum.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    It affects every move I make.
    Un-Breakable faith, with firm roots and belief.
    Not sure, I go three times a week since I was three, so I am used to it.
    I am not one for fancy things has long as it preaches the word of god, and doesn't sugar cote any thing, I am good.
    5. What Does Religion Mean To You? Your relationship with God, and Jesus.

Years
    Badly; indirectly through self-righteous people who tell me I'm immoral/going to hell/other nasty things which made it hard to feel safe and confident.

I believe 100% that religions exist and 0% in the supernatural things followers of religions believe in.

I've been to 2 church services in my entire life and I didn't pay attention either time. See my answer to #1 for how churches as a whole affected my life.

More acceptance, less hostility. More "love thy neighbor" and less "the bible says this is a sin".

It's fine for other people if it makes them happy and stays on church property/people's homes and doesn't go anywhere near government. When it makes people unhappy, strays into public areas, and gets involved in government I have a big problem with it.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    As a Muslim, it has affected a lot of me, but I'm starting to rebel. : /

I believe it 100%, its just that I have a hard time following the rules and everything

For me, its a mosque, not church. It's impacted me, but its starting to get a bit annoying...

What I see now is coolio with me.

That's a hard one....

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Not much, but more now than when I was younger.

Pretty high.

My family doesn't really practice, so it hasn't done much. I do attend christian related activities at my school, though.

I don't really know.

A way for people to enjoy life more. At least that's how it is for me.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Not too much. I attend services but I still live my life on my own terms.

Rather low, though I try to pretend it's higher around "that" group of friends.

It wakes me up on Sunday, and I only go as a force of habit.

Bouncers. Seriously, I ride to church with some friends, and after services they stay there and chit-chat for 45 minutes when I want to get lunch, get back to my dorm room, and get on PC's Daily Chit Chat (which is far more interesting than church chit chat, BTW).

Less "spread the gospel" would be nice, too. I'm not going to approach random people on the street and try to get them to convert.

An attempt to take over my life. Really, if I want to play video games, watch anime, or stay at a Quality Inn instead of go on a planned church retreat, I should be able to without being harassed that I'm not "giving my life to God." I give up two hours (well, two hours and 45 minutes if you count chat time) every Sunday, plus some on-campus ministries during the week. I would think that would be enough.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    More acceptance, less hostility. More "love thy neighbor" and less "the bible says this is a sin".

1. How Has Religion Affected Your Life? was raised as a christian, then asked myself basic logical questions and within a short span of time strayed away from christianity and since have been condemned and have lost friends and have """been prayed for""""""' for my personal beliefs. whilst i was being spoonfed lies, i could have been learning something valuable or beneficial to society.

Gandhi said the same thing. He quoted Jesus often, but had a bad experience with His followers. When he was studying law in South Africa he came across a church that wouldn't allow him in because he wasn't white. He concluded that if Christians had caste systems, it was no better than Hinduism, and went on his way.

Actions speak louder than words.
    One bad apple spoils the bunch.
    Church-burn.

And things like this are an unfortunate reality that is even acknowledged in the Bible itself.

Tree_x

Breeder
    Years
  • Gandhi said the same thing. He quoted Jesus often, but had a bad experience with His followers. When he was studying law in South Africa he came across a church that wouldn't allow him in because he wasn't white. He concluded that if Christians had caste systems, it was no better than Hinduism, and went on his way.

Actions speak louder than words.
    One bad apple spoils the bunch.
    Church-burn.

And things like this are an unfortunate reality that is even acknowledged in the Bible itself.

I like that Church Burn but anyways :3

1.How Has Religion Affected Your Life? It has had no Affect on it n.n

2. How Strong Is Your Belief in Religion? Non-Existent

3. How Has Church Affected Your Life? Well i went to church for 5 yrs and it has made me more question orientated i now ask loads of questions about everything before i make my decision

4. What Kind Of Things Would You Like To See In A Church?Less Faith more Facts :3

5. What Does Religion Mean To You?Nothing more then a way to make people more comfortable with themselves and life's and to live a more socially acceptable life

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Religion plays no major part in my life. I am someone who believes in God and a Heaven, a Hell, a Satan and everything of the like, but I am not someone who believes that God is all mighty in the sense that he wants us all to live a life dedicated to him nor do I believe that he is the one who put all of us on this earth. I do believe he put someone on this earth, but that someone is most definitely not me considering I was born from contraception; not God's thumb. I do, however, pray to God often and thank him for what I have and what he's done for me and my family in how he's helped me through so much hardships.

I don't think you can measure someone's beliefs. But I suppose if you want to measure mine, you can read my reply to question 1 and gather a theory on how strong my belief in religion really is.

The only time I've ever gone to church is for baptisms and weddings. Apart from that, the church plays no role in my life nor has it affected it in any way.

I don't go to church, so I have to say that I honestly don't care what happens there or what's there at all.

Religion to me is nothing more than having something unnatural to believe in when science doesn't have an answer that satisfies me.

Mattysaurus

Take it slow, braaah
    Years
    It hasn't really. I grew up as a Baptist. Though, I didn't go to church ever.

Meh. It's in the middle. I tend to believe in science.

I don't go to church that often.

Don't know. Don't care.

A way for people to find hope and to explain the unexplainable.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    1. It affects where I will end up when I am died.
    2. My beleive is strong.
    3. Sadly, I don't go to church much.
    4. I like how things are in church
    5. I means what kind of person I am.

Back