• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animatrix!

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
Years
  • Yeah, I plan on watching it tonight. I wouldn't compare it to ROD though. Animatrix is just a compilation of anime short films detailing the backstory of the "Matrix" universe. So, If you've seen the Matrix movies, then you'll definitely want to watch this one.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • I've seen the Animatrix (there are nine short stories in all, all featuring different aspects of the Matrix. If you've played Enter the Matrix, then you'll know some bits about Final Flight of the Osiris already). The different styles all make for an interesting development and enhance the story of the Matrix further. If you love the Matrix, you'll love the Animatrix even more

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    I didn't like some of the stories..but a couple were cool ^^

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    I watched some of it before and I'd say that its good. Some stories were good but some aren't.

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
  • Out of all the short films the only one I didn't understand was "Beyond". It was the one about the girl in Japan who lost her cat. She soon found it in an abandoned "haunted" house where a bunch of kids were playing. The kids were doing a bunch of gravity defying stuff. Weird.

Btw, now that those of you who hadn't seen it yet, have now seen it, how did you like it? Err... Was that a confusing question?

Last edited:

Blaine

Mon chere...
    Years
  • The Animatrix OWNS!!! Oh my goodness gracious, I am a huge Matrix fan and seeing this was just the icing on the cake. I was just blown away but the nine shorts.

Tendo, in "Beyond" the house was a glitch in the Matrix. The computer system was just messing up a bit and allowing them, the kids and the girl, to cheat the system. Too cool.

My personal favorites were "Final Flight the of Osiris", "Marticulated", and "A Kid's Story".

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
  • I guess my personal favorites would have to be
    "Second Renaissance Part 1"
    "Second Renaissance Part 2"
    "Matriculated"

Blaine said:
    Tendo, in "Beyond" the house was a glitch in the Matrix. The computer system was just messing up a bit and allowing them, the kids and the girl, to cheat the system. Too cool.
    That's what I figured. I guess I thought it meant something further.

Last edited:

Blaine

Mon chere...
    Years
  • Tendo said:
    That's what I figured. I guess I thought it meant something further.
    I can see how you could read more into it. The episodes really made the mind boil. I think "Marticulated" was extremely confusing. I understood the basic floorplan of the short, but I couldn't decipher the emotions the AI had toward the young woman. It was almost as if he felt something romantically inclined. Very interesting prospect...

Back