PDA

View Full Version : If you worked in an office, what would be on your desk?

Forever
April 6th, 2010, 08:44 PM
So, if you do, then you can use real life examples, but imagine you had to put a few things on your desk, what'd be on yours other than paperwork/items?

.hack
April 6th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Dunno, probably just odd things I'd left lying around. I wouldn't decorate it with photos and such.

インフェルノの津波
April 6th, 2010, 09:14 PM
I think I would have a empty barren desk, other than my precious laptop. That's the only item I must absolutely have, everything else I can let go.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 6th, 2010, 09:19 PM
The figurine of Cardcaptor Sakura in her pink "neko" (cat) costume that I bought at an anime con this January.

Chances are, my office desk is going to be bland as-is and could use a small dose of cuteness.

Mattysaurus
April 6th, 2010, 09:25 PM
I would have a desktop for work and a laptop for personal.
I would have some photos of close ones.
Some random office items and trash I have yet to throw away.

And I would have some snacks in the bottom drawer[?].
with a bottle of alcohol for those tough and/or awkward days.

Sorry for typos. I'm on my iPod.

Captain Hobo.
April 6th, 2010, 09:46 PM
A little TV my laptop and some chips. And then the other stuff people have on there desk. Like paperwork, files, etc.

Melody
April 7th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Most likely I'd have a computer of some kind on it. I can't say I'd need anything else, mainly because I just don't really have anything that I'd put on my desk.

NarutoActor
April 7th, 2010, 08:42 AM
hmm well lets take a look. I have a couple of cds, my labtop, a bible, legend of zelda book, a stapler, psp, a wallet, mangas, drawings, socks, hole puncher, and medicain(even tho I am not sick.) Yeah my desk is a total mess :O

SIN1488
April 7th, 2010, 09:12 AM
I would have a framed photo of some random family with me pasted into it, and change it every week just for lulz.

But really, It would probably be a real boring desktop. I might liven it up a bit with some of those stickers from ThinkGeek, the face ones you put all over inanimate objects like staplers and such. Yup. :/

Cassino
April 7th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Enough empty Pepsi bottles to supply the nearest plastic recycling plant.

But hey, I'm assuming there that I'm actually allowed to drink at the computer... I doubt half the stuff people say here would be considered appropriate at work either.

Went
April 7th, 2010, 10:43 AM
A computer, a bottle of water, and a bunch of pens to play with and scratch my back. And some paper, I guess XD

Pyrax
April 7th, 2010, 12:27 PM
My laptop
A couple of novels and mangas
My DSi
Hole puncher
Stapler
Snacks and drinks in the bottom drawer
Stationary

Oh, and a stack of paper.

Timbjerr
April 7th, 2010, 12:40 PM
I know for sure that my desk back home was overflowing with empty Dr. Pepper cans...I imagine if I had a desk at my workplace, then it'd be no different. XD

Perhaps I'd also have some of my various Nintendo merchandise collection on display as well. :P

BHwolfgang
April 7th, 2010, 12:44 PM
I would have a picture of my friends and I fishing in the James River. I would place the cup of pens, pencils, and sharpie at the far corner of my desk. To the side, there would be a tray of files for me work on, but I won't. To the other side, there would be some papers I use to doodle on.

In front of me is my precious laptop. I never come to work without it.

Ayselipera
April 7th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Probably a computer, a small plant, pens, and maybe one or two knick-nacks.

I wouldn't be caught dead with any pictures of friends or family. I can't stand that.

Hybrid Trainer
April 7th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Loads of stuff fro thinkgeek.
that site actualy makes me want an office job just so i can use some of there stuff ;P

Sammi
April 7th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Well, I'd probably need a computer, if one isn't provided for me. I'd like to have a paper calendar of some sort, it'd really be handy for figuring out what dates are coming up. Office supplies, like pens and paper and staplers and the like. And finally, some sort of awesome knick-knack, to make it feel like my own desk. :'D As to what it'd be, I don't know, I'd know when I saw it.

institutions
April 7th, 2010, 07:13 PM
My paperwork/pens/pencils/stapler/hole punch, normal office stuff.
A laptop.
An iPod docking station (iHome or whatever.) with some nice headphones.
and a Fallout 3 Vault Boy Bobblehead.

donavannj
April 7th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Well, I would probably have (based on my present desk), a KVM (keyboard, video, and mouse) box to switch between computers I would be working on, and a remote KVM box to access the servers from my desk. I would also have 2-4 monitors for extra workspace, a digital telephone (most companies have these now), a few of the computers I would be working on, and a fair bit of paper work, like expense reports and invoices from electronics suppliers. I might have a few knick-knacks, but those would be afterthoughts.

Ninja Caterpie
April 7th, 2010, 07:51 PM
One of those cool metal ball thingies that uses momentum and makes marbles swing.

Esper
April 7th, 2010, 08:06 PM
I just started a new job today... in an office. That's, like, totally cosmic.

My desk has on it the computer the last person who had the job used and a piece of paper with about a billion notes of the things I have to remember.

TrinityLimit
April 7th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Food. Definitely. I can't survive without a few snacks Dx

Kura
April 7th, 2010, 11:42 PM
I already pretty much have a desk at the studio at school. I've had to clear my stuff off it aside from papers since the year is almost over, but I like to decorate it with statuettes and plushies and pictures and things :3

Cherrim
April 7th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Lmao, all that was ever on my desk when I did office work at a microbrewery was files, files, monitor/keyboard/mouse, and more files. XD; And occasionally a pile of cheques to enter. Oh, and at times, snacks or a Starbucks drink from my dad. :'D

If I had my way there'd be some more Pokémon stuff on the desk. Just like a small Cherrim figure or something but still something. u_u But there's no room and I'd be scared of someone taking it just like someone always takes my pen at that office.

Fire-Red
April 8th, 2010, 04:50 AM
I work in an office and other then my work pile (loads of files and paper) , a phone, monitor and stationary I have nothing. #

My computer monitor has eyes and a mouth in the form of 3 post its I have stuck to the outside of the screen.

The only personal Items are sometimes my Mickey Mouse Diary/Year Planner, My Flask (also Mickey Mouse). A ds for luchtime and now and a again two pairs of 3d glasses if im off right after work to see a film.

Saltare.
April 8th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Normal officey stuff.

And a bunch of crumpled pieces of paper to play Trasket Ball when I get bored...teehee.

TheUltimateSacrifice
April 8th, 2010, 06:18 AM
The skulls of my bygone victims. This will let all the chumps know where they fall in line, and deter any possible sass that I could get.

MarstheCar
April 10th, 2010, 03:50 AM
A mini desk, and possibly an empty cup. And a half eaten doughnut.

PKMN Trainer Red!
April 10th, 2010, 03:54 AM
A checkered desk w/ a pokeball as a pen holder ^.^

The Sly Fox
April 10th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Other than boring paperwork and stuff like that, I'd have a nice computer, my iPod and phone lying around, probably a picture of family, and coca cola x]

Lucy Lu
April 10th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Well I know I will have my computer, mouse, and pen/pencil container. And a little file cabinet to organize my paperwork. I probably have a phone and a fax machine. I want to work in a office someday. If that is the case that is probably the stuff I will have around me.

Banjora Marxvile
April 11th, 2010, 02:15 AM
Probably... Actually I'm pretty boring, so probably nothing. Though, I am unpredictable, to myself anyay, so probably lots of paper with scribbles on. And a Newton's Cradle, and a stress ball (not to relieve stress, to throw at people)

.Fenris
April 11th, 2010, 06:23 PM
iPod, Coke, a beanbag to throw at people, dried eel's head or mini-cactus to replace my mouse when I leave my desk, a small motivational poster, and a Tom Clancy novel when I feel like slacking.

chadgraphix
April 11th, 2010, 07:18 PM
I'd have a laptop, and a bunch of useless office supplies.

But it'd be very organized, since I'm like that.
I'd probably have 2 - 3 Redbulls on my desk, and my cell phone.

Åzurε
April 11th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Has anyone ever been here (thinkgeek.com)?

Among other things, I'd have that neat little staple-free stapler, a couple shuriken coat hangers on my corkboard, and a large battery of USB Nerf rockets, aimed at all my neighbors. And a tin of Smart Mass. Best website evar.

reyzn
April 11th, 2010, 07:36 PM
I think it's been said before but I want those metal marble things that swing.
Oh and that asian looking gold cat figure with the swinging arm (if anyone knows the name of this I'd really appreciate it); I find it very amusing for some reason.

RivalGator
April 11th, 2010, 11:21 PM
- Dr. Pepper / Mountain Dew
- Notebooks
- What I needed for the work I was going to do.
- I am not the 'pictures of my family' type, so I would have some kind of picture of a character I love taped to my desk.

I don't think I would have much more than that. Let's not get too messy.