• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Creative Writing

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
  • Say I write a novel unrelated to any game, movie, book, etc. It's a complete masterpiece written from scratch and entirely original.

Where would I put it, if anywhere? I only see a place for Fanfics.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • It's called Fan Fiction and Writing.

That means you can post completely original content there as well. :3

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • So no one's going to come bite me if I put a novel in there totally unrelated to Pokemon :s

And are there contests for non-fanfics?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Nope, no biting unless it breaks the rules I suppose. =P Anyways original stuff goes in that section.

And to my knowledge no there isn't (leastways not at the moment, and tbh there's not all that much in the way of not-fanfics atm?). There is a poetry prompt contests every so often though in the poetry subsection.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    So no one's going to come bite me if I put a novel in there totally unrelated to Pokemon :s
    There's a prefix exactly for "other" writing in the section, to mark the threads different from Pokemon fanfics. It's just that you won't see them as often as Pokemon fanfics because there's more of a readership base for Pokemon fics. But you can still post and no one can say you can't because there's nothing in the rules against them.

And are there contests for non-fanfics?
    As bobandbill said, there was. I know that the "Fanfiction Challenge" thread that's stickied still was open to non-Pokemon fics. There's contests that are planned. But again, there's just more of a call for Pokemon fics since that's what the majority of the fics are, what the majority of the writers post, what the majority of the readers are looking for, so it's more focused on Pokemon.

Still, you can post your original story and you won't have any problems.

Back