• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I think I broke it

Stan the man

A true gentleman
Years
  • My long loved long used Original ds ( version 4 ) broke on me. The problem is there are some white lines at the bottom of the top screen. I can still use it it just ruins games. Such as pokemon because I can not see what people are saying. Any one had this happen and know what to do?

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I haven't had anything like that happen to me, but my friend has a giant black hole in the touch screen that completely obfuscates all touch input. Also, my DS has a broken hinge, and I can't wait 2-3 weeks for it to be repaired.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Well, the DS Firmware 4 is really old and it's not surprising it's broken. Buy a DS Lite.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • My DSi went for 2 rides on a Water Ride, after being on the heater for a while then charging, it recovered. My DSLite, which I was going to re-start using for fake Emerald that has issues (eBay for ya) and Platinum, I lost my Diamond :(, dropped in the toilet while on, nothing happened, it was still on and working. But as it was the toilet; I turned it off, dunked it in Dettol, now it won't turn on again, or charge. It sparks on then goes off, and it charges for an instant then goes off. I miss it :(

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    ^ If it was still working, then there's no problem, so why use something that KILLS a motherboard on it?

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
  • Well, I also still have my old DS and I remember how the touch screen was all screwed up so I had to send it into Nintendo to fix it for like 20 bucks.... =/ I wouldn't really know you should do except call Nintendo, they have very nice costumer service ;)
    But now I have another problem with my ds, somehow my Pokemon Platinum version is jammed inside, like, it won't pop out when you press on it.... =/ I am rather upset...

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • ^ If it was still working, then there's no problem, so why use something that KILLS a motherboard on it?
    I thought it'd be fine :( As it was fine in water, and seeing as it was the toilet water, I though it better to disinfect it lol. I guess that's what ruined it :(

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Disinfecting wipes are considerably less damp, and you would want to avoid openings to the inside of the case.

And this also begs the question of why you would have it near an open toilet.
    Ah. I had it in side jacket pocket, which I should have closed properly, and went to use the toilet before I went out. Has I was about to, my glasses, which I shouldn't have had on as I was going out, were slipping off. So in other t ostop them, I raised my hand, allowing the DSLite to fall from my pocket and into the toilet bowl :( Silly me. I blame the glasses though.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • The same kind of thing happened to me, except for it was the top screen, and it it cracked. There's cracks with large black outlines. Pretty much renders my top screen useless.

This happened to my SP and iPod Nano as well. D:

But here's it's just really bad. I was doing just fine with my DS from 2004, and not even having to THINK of buying a DS rehash, and then when all of the awesome games are announced (Golden Sun DS and Pokemon HG/SS) this happens to me! T_T

It was an orianal ds. Yeah i might get a ds lite. I was going to get a dsi because i heard the next pokemon game is for dsi only.

It's not. Don't worry about that.

PuyoPuyo Raffine

Puyo Puyo Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    yeah with my very first original DS, first the hinge broke, and then the top screen went all white. thats when I had to trash it

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    This has never happen to me. But, on my psp the hatch where you put the game in at is like halfway open so I taped it.

Back