• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do your friends give you tests?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Kinda an initiation sort of thing? Like I dunno, in order to be their friend?

Oh and don't say if they make you do that they aren't worth being friends. In this case, it's more like, checking whether you're trustworthy or something. Not always bad.

I suck at wording so I'll let you all reply now. Have a nice day.

Years
  • ...well they don't give me application forms, if that's what you mean.

To be honest I think a lot of my friends give you a test in the sense that...they want to see how you act, view your personality as they see it and should they ever feel comfortable enough, they would try to become more closer to you.

That's how it's always been with my friends to me, and vice versa.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Hazing ceremony... ¦D
    Only done by 'Mericans I think, but no, people can bugger right off if they want me to do stupid things to 'win' their company; let alone even expect me to want it normally, I'm not an "I want to get to know others" person in any case.

Years
  • I suppose you could say I do this unconsciously. If I'm talking with someone who isn't a friend and the conversation turns to a topic that I feel one way or another about there's some part of my brain which will note what their reactions are and that will form part of my opinion of them.

As far as people I'm already friends with I don't think my friends 'test' me and I don't do it to them. Not intentionally at least. If there's something that would make me question my friendships I think it would show itself without the need for a test.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I don't necessarily test people, but there is a certain way you can approach me that guarantees success, as long as you're a nice enough person. I will say that I do watch for people that I want to get to know usually, if I just randomly come up and VM you and ask to be your friend, you can be assured that I've probably seen you around enough to feel like I want to get to know you.

Now I can't explain or put into words, exactly what qualities get my attention all the time, but they do exist.

As for my own friends, I've never really been 'tested' in the 'hazing' sense of the word by them. Usually, I don't respond too well to such 'hazing', unless I know it's coming, and it's not mean spirited or anything I'd consider to be mean. Hazers usually end up on my bad side pretty quickly so if you really want to know me, don't do it.

I am a pretty sensitive person at times, so testing me isn't usually a very good idea when it comes to friendship. I'm also very loyal to the friends I do get very close to.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I don't have friends. I have a group of people that I converse with at school and a group of people I converse with at work, but I've never had any enduring friendships.

I'm very distrusting of people by nature, so in order to really warm up to anybody, I have to stand idly by while they're talking to other people to know whether they're good people or not.

Back