• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If a staff member became power hungry...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ... and took away a few luxuries, such as signatures + the option to choose your own avatars, would you still like PC? Would you still keep coming to PC? Would your PC time not be affected? Would you feel as if you've lost a part of yourself? And what's even worse, what if they took away your ability to change skins and kept the default as a really really bad one?!

And yes, this is hypothetical but you know the staff, they're likely to do anything!

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • of demands to return the lost functionality. >D

Yeah, I'd be a huge nightmare! I'd pull every string I have to get someone "mad with power" removed from power. XD

power hungry people in power of any kind. x3

Well anyways, I'd fight tooth and nail, to bring PC back to it's normal state. XD

I love PC, and anyone doing pointless damage to it is simply unforgivable to the highest degree.

Years
  • Wow Pachy....

Well, I would GO TO BULBAGARDEN

I would kindly ask that person to give back our privileges. If that person refused, I would have me and other members put the same thread over an over again until he/she said fine I'll give them back.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I would probably have a sulk for about 5-10 mins then get over it.
    Then start a riot >:o
    and see where that takes me

But overall I love PC, it's probably one of the best forums I've ever joined.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Guys, just a note, in this hypothetical situation, you CAN'T try and get those things back, it's just impossible. Soon after all the staff agree, or something. [/forgot to add in]

You either live without, or just leave.

Years
  • ... and took away a few luxuries, such as signatures + the option to choose your own avatars, would you still like PC? Would you still keep coming to PC? Would your PC time not be affected? Would you feel as if you've lost a part of yourself? And what's even worse, what if they took away your ability to change skins and kept the default as a really really bad one?!
    >Implying I like PC.

I think I'd greatly enjoy something like this, just because of all the fun drama it'd cause.

Years
  • Signatures and avatars and forum skins aren't very important to me; in fact I have signatures disabled and actually prefer it that way. Sure, I'd be peeved for awhile, especially if there wasn't a valid reason to take them away, and it'd be sad, losing avatars, since that's how I keep track of people most of the time. However, I'd deal. In the long run, it doesn't take away the posts and most of the members, which are the biggest reason I come here, not because of avatars/sigs/skins/other small things.

And I'd pop some popcorn and watch in amusement as people continued to whine... I <3 PC drama sometimes.

I HEART MEGA HITT

ruuuki ♥
    Years
  • I would leave PC for good. :< Post count I could careless about but the signature and avvies are like ways for us to express ourselves and what we are interested in. :<

I wouldn't be able to live without my avvies and my signature. <3 I love to look at HITT and it makes me feel sooo happy. :<

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    I'd DDoS the PC server or something that seems drastic but by myself probably wouldn't really do anything at all.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Avatars? Signatures? Forum styles?

Nothing to get your panties up in a bunch about when you look at the big picture. I wouldn't really care. I'd also hardly call any of those permissions "luxuries." It would be funny to see some members act immature about it. As long as we don't all become Todoroki in the process and lose the ability to see who's who without having to make guesses, I'm good. After all, we all know how that went down.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • xD, I just love your threads, Forever.

Hmmm, well, I'd certainly get annoyed, but I couldn't do anything about it. Anyway, I've grown addicted to PC, so I can say for sure that I would not leave. And I'm using the default theme right now, so no comments there. >_>

I ♥ PC!~

Years
  • As shallow as this sounds, I'd up and leave. These little luxuries are what keep me coming back to PC. I have another mean of reaching the people I care about and Pokemon is lower on my priority scale anyway, so I wouldn't miss much.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • I'd get pretty mad, and have a slight chance of leaving PC.
    Either that, or I'd just lurk on here... and bored outta my mind since no one has any cool siggys and avvies -.-

Back