PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever judged you because of your avatar?

Yusshin
April 23rd, 2010, 03:55 PM
This is a serious question. Has anyone actually judged you as a person because of your choice of avatar?

About four years ago, I had an avatar of a cute anime girl with purple hair. No idea what anime she was from. I just thought she was cute.

Unfortunately, turns out she's from a hentai featuring lolilitas. Someone ended up judging me as a person, saying that my arguments are invalid because of my avatar, when I didn't actually know >> I just picked the pic' from Photobucket because it was cute.

?:\ Anyone else have something similar happen?

Captain Fabio
April 23rd, 2010, 03:59 PM
Most people judge others on their looks and first impressions. The way I see it, is I can't see peoples faces, so I judge people on what I can see; the themes.

So yes, people have judged me and I judge them.

SteveRyan
April 23rd, 2010, 04:01 PM
Captain Your avatar looks awesome xD

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
April 23rd, 2010, 04:03 PM
I used to, but not anymore. I occasionally use avatars of anime characters I deem awesome regardless of gender even if I'm male so I try not to judge people based on avatars. Though it has happened a few times. I wonder what kind of image my current avvy gives off...

Captain Fabio
April 23rd, 2010, 04:12 PM
Captain Your avatar looks awesome xD

Haha. Thanks brah.

Chris FTW in your.

Limey-chan
April 23rd, 2010, 04:27 PM
Not judged me as such, but since I changed to my Link theme people have commented on it and I think they've presumed i'm a fan of the Zelda series (I've actually only ever played one Zelda game and I can't even remember its name).

Mattysaurus
April 23rd, 2010, 04:29 PM
If I have been judged, I wouldn't know. They don't tell me. :P

I judge people though. If I haven't talked them in a while that is. :D