PDA

View Full Version : Quick reply, or post reply?

Patchisou Yutohru
April 25th, 2010, 08:34 AM
I felt like making an OVP thread. Unfortunately, the topic (compared to other topics I could have posted about) is something I really don't like to really bring up because it just seems so irrelevant and pointless. But I've grown to become rather curious.

Typically, when you're replying to a thread, do you use the quick reply feature? Or do you use the reply to topic feature by hitting post reply at the top and bottom of the thread?

Yusshin
April 25th, 2010, 08:40 AM
It depends; I usually forget Quick Reply is there lol but right now, to type this, I'm using Quick Reply :]

Honest
April 25th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Quick reply, usually. It's... quicker. xD

Theodore Bruno
April 25th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Quick Reply, unless I'm using writing something lengthy.

Mattysaurus
April 25th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Quick Reply.

But the advanced one if I have to do spoilers, bold, etc.

Limey-chan
April 25th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Quick reply unless i'm quoting something.

Melody
April 25th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Quick reply, unless I'm using advanced tags and need to see a preview of the post.

hiphiphippo
April 25th, 2010, 08:48 AM
i always use post reply for some reason. i guess i just feel comfortable with all the buttons up top? :D and i'm also used to quoting/multiquoting people from my trade thread so maybe that's why

Toshiro.
April 25th, 2010, 08:48 AM
I usually go with Quick Reply, unless I am going to write a lot, then I use Post Reply.

BakingBluePotatoe
April 25th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Quick Reply-
I have dial-up so it's make easier to scroll down and type what I want instead of waiting for the next page to load.

Jordan
April 25th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Quick reply, even if it's a large post. The only exceptions might be when I want to use extensive formatting for something, such as replying in the CSS discussion thread.

Cassino
April 25th, 2010, 09:32 AM
I use quick reply since it's there, and I know all the BBcode tags that I regularly use.

Renege
April 25th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Quick Reply. If I need to quote or preview I go advanced.

Hantsuki
April 25th, 2010, 09:38 AM
I always post a reply. I'm not in a race to beat someone, so I like to take my time.

EmeraldSerenade
April 25th, 2010, 10:53 AM
I always go advanced, unless im posting in the wifi section :3

Klippy
April 25th, 2010, 10:58 AM
I always Quick Reply, unless I'm quoting multiple people. It's...quick. Hah!

Sammi
April 25th, 2010, 11:07 AM
I start pretty much everything in Quick Reply. For those longer posts, I'll eventually click "go advanced" and then preview the post several to a million times, depending on the post, and then post it.

Only time I don't use the Quick Reply is when I hit the quote button. :p

Ayselipera
April 25th, 2010, 11:31 AM
If I just have something quick to say then I'll use the quick reply. Take right now for example.

When I feel like being wordy I'll use the post reply instead.

Binary
April 25th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Quick reply unless I'm quoting and feel expressive.

Pazuru
April 25th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Quick Reply. It's well... quicker, and the only reason I would go to Post Reply would be if I was quoting something, or perhaps doing something in which I would have to preview the post before posting it.

ReyRey-Pyon
April 25th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Quick reply, unless im quoting something or need to previw the post. I always just quick reply oAo

Zebeedoo
April 25th, 2010, 01:33 PM
I use Quick Reply. I've only used Post Reply a couple of times I think. o3o

kissing. raindrops
April 25th, 2010, 05:27 PM
quick reply. it's faster, better, quicker :3

Dukey
April 25th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Quick reply, only time I use the advanced/normal mode is if I want some post formatting of some type xD

Åzurε
April 25th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Quick, unless I'm quoting someone or I have a rant coming.

helix
April 25th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Once, when I was much smaller and dumber I didn't know quick reply existed, and I was always using post reply.
Now I forget that post reply exists, instead.

loliwin
April 25th, 2010, 11:13 PM
I always quick reply, because its quick. XD

But if it needs CSS etc. I go or the advanced reply.

BHwolfgang
April 26th, 2010, 03:05 AM
It depends if my post would be long or not. If I want to use any CSS styling or BB codes in my posts, I would usually prefer going advanced than just staying in this little box. However, I usually use the quick reply option at the bottom of a page because of my procrastination of clicking post reply and waiting for it to load. That is too much for me.

... I am still quick replying for this post.

Forever
April 26th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Post a reply if I've already read the first post in a thread. Even on Quick Reply I go to the advanced/preview screen. :D

I like making sure my posts... are fine.

Timbjerr
April 26th, 2010, 06:42 AM
Unless I'm quoting somebody or forgot my BBcode for some reason, I always use Quick Reply...It's just a lot easier overall. XD

Moltres111
April 26th, 2010, 08:17 AM
I always use Quick Reply.

Loading the Post Reply page takes forever for me, so using Quick Reply is a lot easier.

I generally don't use the tools you get by using Post Reply anyway, so what's the point when Quick Reply is much faster? :)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 26th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Quick Reply unless I need to use styling code or quote another member. Convenience FTW.

Avey
April 26th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Unless I'm quoting someone or need to format my post properly (see: roleplaying/fan fiction), I'll just use quick reply.

*Firestar*
April 26th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Well, I am starting to use quick reply more often now. I used to use Post reply, but I like to quick reply more now.

Cherrim
May 5th, 2010, 06:27 AM
I start almost every post in the Quick Reply box. It's much more convenient.

But if I'm writing a post that starts getting pretty long, I'll usually preview it before posting so I'll go advanced. Very rarely, I'll know from the get-go that my post is going to be long and I'll hit post reply to do it. Also when I'm quoting/multi-quoting, I use the full reply for, well, obvious reasons. I never remember the "quote in quick reply" button and prefer to see what I'm quoting while I'm writing anyway.

Ambellina
May 5th, 2010, 06:35 AM
I just reply normally. For some reason my posts don't like to show up if I use the quick reply T_T

Zorua
May 10th, 2010, 08:20 PM
I used to always utilize Quick Reply, but for some odd reason that I can't seem to put my finger on, I started using "Post reply". I guess it has something to do with convenience? I use both interchangeably, so it doesn't really matter to me.

curiousnathan
May 11th, 2010, 03:53 AM
I use quick reply, since I have just set my font to what I like. All I have to do is type. Simple. Although if I am writing something large or quoting someone then I will use the post reply.

Guillermo
May 11th, 2010, 04:06 AM
I use quick reply, because well, it's quick and I dislike not having this little box handy.

Eurydice
May 11th, 2010, 11:41 AM
i use quick reply unless i am quoting someone. my computer is too slow to load the other page

Eeohnex
May 11th, 2010, 11:56 AM
I usually do Quick Reply, then go advanced to preview it. :classic:

Guy
May 11th, 2010, 02:23 PM
I can probably say, never have I even touched the post reply to submit a post in a thread since I've joined the forums. I've always read a few or most of the replied comments first and while scrolling down I end up posting through the quick reply area. If I need advanced tools or my post starts becoming lengthy, then I'll go advanced and preview my post.

Captain Hobo.
May 11th, 2010, 02:30 PM
I always go to the bottem to do the quick reply thing.

msdmario
May 11th, 2010, 08:25 PM
I always use Post Reply. Most of the forums I went to before joining PC did not have a Quick Reply option so I am very used to clicking a post reply button and type my post. I currently have Quick Reply minimized on my account since I don't plan on ever using it.

ANARCHit3cht
May 11th, 2010, 09:03 PM
I use quick reply, for well... quick replies! Anything that'll take me more than a few minutes to type, I bring it to the advanced one.

King of Boos
May 12th, 2010, 01:44 AM
The only time I post reply is doin a multi quote wall.

Jesh
May 12th, 2010, 01:49 AM
I use New Reply because i am awesome.