View Full Version : Quick reply, or post reply?

Noah Ridgewood
April 25th, 2010, 8:34 AM
I felt like making an OVP thread. Unfortunately, the topic (compared to other topics I could have posted about) is something I really don't like to really bring up because it just seems so irrelevant and pointless. But I've grown to become rather curious.

Typically, when you're replying to a thread, do you use the quick reply feature? Or do you use the reply to topic feature by hitting post reply at the top and bottom of the thread?

April 25th, 2010, 8:40 AM
It depends; I usually forget Quick Reply is there lol but right now, to type this, I'm using Quick Reply :]

April 25th, 2010, 8:40 AM
Quick reply, usually. It's... quicker. xD

Theodore Bruno
April 25th, 2010, 8:42 AM
Quick Reply, unless I'm using writing something lengthy.

April 25th, 2010, 8:45 AM
Quick Reply.

But the advanced one if I have to do spoilers, bold, etc.

April 25th, 2010, 8:46 AM
Quick reply unless i'm quoting something.

April 25th, 2010, 8:47 AM
Quick reply, unless I'm using advanced tags and need to see a preview of the post.

April 25th, 2010, 8:48 AM
i always use post reply for some reason. i guess i just feel comfortable with all the buttons up top? :D and i'm also used to quoting/multiquoting people from my trade thread so maybe that's why

Edward Elric
April 25th, 2010, 8:48 AM
I usually go with Quick Reply, unless I am going to write a lot, then I use Post Reply.

April 25th, 2010, 8:50 AM
Quick Reply-
I have dial-up so it's make easier to scroll down and type what I want instead of waiting for the next page to load.

April 25th, 2010, 8:51 AM
Quick reply, even if it's a large post. The only exceptions might be when I want to use extensive formatting for something, such as replying in the CSS discussion thread.

April 25th, 2010, 9:32 AM
I use quick reply since it's there, and I know all the BBcode tags that I regularly use.

April 25th, 2010, 9:35 AM
Quick Reply. If I need to quote or preview I go advanced.

April 25th, 2010, 9:38 AM
I always post a reply. I'm not in a race to beat someone, so I like to take my time.

April 25th, 2010, 10:53 AM
I always go advanced, unless im posting in the wifi section :3

April 25th, 2010, 10:58 AM
I always Quick Reply, unless I'm quoting multiple people. It's...quick. Hah!

April 25th, 2010, 11:07 AM
I start pretty much everything in Quick Reply. For those longer posts, I'll eventually click "go advanced" and then preview the post several to a million times, depending on the post, and then post it.

Only time I don't use the Quick Reply is when I hit the quote button. :p

April 25th, 2010, 11:31 AM
If I just have something quick to say then I'll use the quick reply. Take right now for example.

When I feel like being wordy I'll use the post reply instead.

April 25th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Quick reply unless I'm quoting and feel expressive.

April 25th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Quick Reply. It's well... quicker, and the only reason I would go to Post Reply would be if I was quoting something, or perhaps doing something in which I would have to preview the post before posting it.

April 25th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Quick reply, unless im quoting something or need to previw the post. I always just quick reply oAo

April 25th, 2010, 1:33 PM
I use Quick Reply. I've only used Post Reply a couple of times I think. o3o

kissing. raindrops
April 25th, 2010, 5:27 PM
quick reply. it's faster, better, quicker :3

April 25th, 2010, 5:46 PM
Quick reply, only time I use the advanced/normal mode is if I want some post formatting of some type xD

April 25th, 2010, 5:51 PM
Quick, unless I'm quoting someone or I have a rant coming.

April 25th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Once, when I was much smaller and dumber I didn't know quick reply existed, and I was always using post reply.
Now I forget that post reply exists, instead.

April 25th, 2010, 11:13 PM
I always quick reply, because its quick. XD

But if it needs CSS etc. I go or the advanced reply.

April 26th, 2010, 3:05 AM
It depends if my post would be long or not. If I want to use any CSS styling or BB codes in my posts, I would usually prefer going advanced than just staying in this little box. However, I usually use the quick reply option at the bottom of a page because of my procrastination of clicking post reply and waiting for it to load. That is too much for me.

... I am still quick replying for this post.

April 26th, 2010, 6:30 AM
Post a reply if I've already read the first post in a thread. Even on Quick Reply I go to the advanced/preview screen. :D

I like making sure my posts... are fine.

April 26th, 2010, 6:42 AM
Unless I'm quoting somebody or forgot my BBcode for some reason, I always use Quick Reply...It's just a lot easier overall. XD

April 26th, 2010, 8:17 AM
I always use Quick Reply.

Loading the Post Reply page takes forever for me, so using Quick Reply is a lot easier.

I generally don't use the tools you get by using Post Reply anyway, so what's the point when Quick Reply is much faster? :)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 26th, 2010, 8:25 AM
Quick Reply unless I need to use styling code or quote another member. Convenience FTW.

April 26th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Unless I'm quoting someone or need to format my post properly (see: roleplaying/fan fiction), I'll just use quick reply.

April 26th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Well, I am starting to use quick reply more often now. I used to use Post reply, but I like to quick reply more now.

May 5th, 2010, 6:27 AM
I start almost every post in the Quick Reply box. It's much more convenient.

But if I'm writing a post that starts getting pretty long, I'll usually preview it before posting so I'll go advanced. Very rarely, I'll know from the get-go that my post is going to be long and I'll hit post reply to do it. Also when I'm quoting/multi-quoting, I use the full reply for, well, obvious reasons. I never remember the "quote in quick reply" button and prefer to see what I'm quoting while I'm writing anyway.

May 5th, 2010, 6:35 AM
I just reply normally. For some reason my posts don't like to show up if I use the quick reply T_T

May 10th, 2010, 8:20 PM
I used to always utilize Quick Reply, but for some odd reason that I can't seem to put my finger on, I started using "Post reply". I guess it has something to do with convenience? I use both interchangeably, so it doesn't really matter to me.

May 11th, 2010, 3:53 AM
I use quick reply, since I have just set my font to what I like. All I have to do is type. Simple. Although if I am writing something large or quoting someone then I will use the post reply.

May 11th, 2010, 4:06 AM
I use quick reply, because well, it's quick and I dislike not having this little box handy.

May 11th, 2010, 11:41 AM
i use quick reply unless i am quoting someone. my computer is too slow to load the other page

May 11th, 2010, 11:56 AM
I usually do Quick Reply, then go advanced to preview it. :classic:

May 11th, 2010, 2:23 PM
I can probably say, never have I even touched the post reply to submit a post in a thread since I've joined the forums. I've always read a few or most of the replied comments first and while scrolling down I end up posting through the quick reply area. If I need advanced tools or my post starts becoming lengthy, then I'll go advanced and preview my post.

Captain Hobo.
May 11th, 2010, 2:30 PM
I always go to the bottem to do the quick reply thing.

May 11th, 2010, 8:25 PM
I always use Post Reply. Most of the forums I went to before joining PC did not have a Quick Reply option so I am very used to clicking a post reply button and type my post. I currently have Quick Reply minimized on my account since I don't plan on ever using it.

May 11th, 2010, 9:03 PM
I use quick reply, for well... quick replies! Anything that'll take me more than a few minutes to type, I bring it to the advanced one.

King of Boos
May 12th, 2010, 1:44 AM
The only time I post reply is doin a multi quote wall.

May 12th, 2010, 1:49 AM
I use New Reply because i am awesome.