• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's So important about Ho-Oh??

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukerØath

Somewhat Cool Guy
Years
  • Apparenlty Ho-Oh holds a very special significance in Pokemon, or at least in the Anime. Ash sees him in the first episode, and they made it pretty epic. Then he sees him again after Misty and Brock leave him, and decides to go to Hoenn because that's the way Ho-Oh went. At the end of it all is Ho-Oh going to hold a much larger significance as compared to the other legendaries?? I'm veryinterested in this and throughout my speculating, Ho-Oh has slowly become one of my new favorite Pokemon. Any thoughts or theories on this??

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • In the games, it's just described as a pokemon that revived the three legendary beasts after Brass Tower burned down. Otherwise, just a fairly powerful fire/flying type. =/

In the anime, I believe it's more or less symbolic of rebirth as it always appears at the start of a new story arc. Pheonix = rebirth...get it? XD

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    In the games, it's just described as a pokemon that revived the three legendary beasts after Brass Tower burned down. Otherwise, just a fairly powerful fire/flying type. =/

In the anime, I believe it's more or less symbolic of rebirth as it always appears at the start of a new story arc. Pheonix = rebirth...get it? XD

I would also say that it's rebirth + rejuvenation in the sense that Ash also gets inspired to keep going once he encounters Ho-oh. :)

Years
  • Well, somewhere in the games and or the anime it does mention that Ho-Oh will only come back to the Pokemon World once humans and pokemon live in harmony.. Maybe it was trying to say Ash was the one to accomplish that?

Of course, the posts above me provide good information as well.

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    Well, somewhere in the games and or the anime it does mention that Ho-Oh will only come back to the Pokemon World once humans and pokemon live in harmony.. Maybe it was trying to say Ash was the one to accomplish that?

Of course, the posts above me provide good information as well.

That makes a lot of sense, especially if you consider the Mewtwo movie and extra long episode and how Mewtwo states that Ash pretty much is a very extraordinary person to care for Pokemon like friends rather than 'just Pokemon' and wants all Pokemon to live at peace with one another and wants the same for Pokemon and humans.

Considering how legendaries typically tend to appear only to those who have a good heart and soul, it makes sense that for that particular reason, legendaries like Ho-oh would appear to someone like Ash.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Gonna move this to the anime forum since most speculation seems to be based on Ash's sighting of it rather than any other part of the fandom.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Former-Word of God said that Ho-oh was just a plot device to get Ash moving and to show that he's special for having seen it a couple of times.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Or maybe the Ho-oh belongs to his father who is watching over him or is actually the Pokèmon reincarnation of his father from the last time Ho-oh was reborn?

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    if you guys notice Ho-Oh has yet to have a major role in a movie.......
    maybe Ho-Oh surpasses Arceus ;)

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • Ho-oh appears only to those who are pure of heart.
    This would be Ash.

Basically, it's like a symbol of Ash's innocence and it appears to be something that spurs him on to another adventure almost every season.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    @Volroc I thing that might be true though. So Arceus was said to be the creator or whatever but so far even though Arceus has had a bigger role I think that in the end Ho-Oh will have a much bigger role. And maybe with that we will finally figure out what it is about the legendary beasts

dang I just realized how old this thread was

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think it just played a big role at that time as the bird that will never come back unless humans and pokemon can coexist, but it showed itself to Ash...

And it was used to signify Ash's "legendary" status as a trainer. As he is the only person ever to see Ho-Oh

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Here's what I think: Whenever Ash loses in a League, Ho-oh appears in the sky, spurring him to travel further into the world and better himself as a Pokemon trainer.

Neelh

i am so win lol!!1! :P
    Years
  • That makes a lot of sense, especially if you consider the Mewtwo movie and extra long episode and how Mewtwo states that Ash pretty much is a very extraordinary person to care for Pokemon like friends rather than 'just Pokemon' and wants all Pokemon to live at peace with one another and wants the same for Pokemon and humans.

Considering how legendaries typically tend to appear only to those who have a good heart and soul, it makes sense that for that particular reason, legendaries like Ho-oh would appear to someone like Ash.

Heart, soul.

HeartGold, SoulSilver.

I SENSE A CONSPIRACY.

Years
  • Apparenlty Ho-Oh holds a very special significance in Pokemon, or at least in the Anime. Ash sees him in the first episode, and they made it pretty epic. Then he sees him again after Misty and Brock leave him, and decides to go to Hoenn because that's the way Ho-Oh went. At the end of it all is Ho-Oh going to hold a much larger significance as compared to the other legendaries?? I'm veryinterested in this and throughout my speculating, Ho-Oh has slowly become one of my new favorite Pokemon. Any thoughts or theories on this??
    Ash also saw Ho-oh after he declined the offer to become a frontier brain. It seems Ho-oh appears during major points of Ash's journey, it also seems like it only appears in Kanto.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back