• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can a replacement screen for ds lite be put into a phat?

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
  • This seems like the most appropriate place to put a thread asking this.

Anyway I've been looking for replacement screens for phat ds's but only seem to be able to find lite screens. Can a screen for a dslite be put into the original "Phat" ds?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    There's a working PS3 laptop someone made, so why wouldn't it be possible? :D
    No one's saying it's a simple affair, though. Since as thepsynergist said the Lite's screen is larger, you'd probably have to disassemble the machine and file the screen holder larger or the metal part surrounding the screen smaller, if that's even doable (I don't now how it's installed). So unless you're into modifying consoles (at which premise you'd most probably already be doing it and not asking us), it's not something worth doing.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • Touch Screen: http://cgi.ebay.com/LCD-Touch-Scree...t=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item5ad42783db

Display Screen: http://cgi.ebay.com/New-DSL-LCD-Nin...t=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item45f0543d84

All you need to do is do your research. I did this in less than five minutes. Now that you have the info laid out in front of you, all you have to do is buy and replace them. I wouldn't even attempt to use the Lite screen on the original NDS. The connector's are probably different, and there's too much room for error in having to file the screen away. The NDS casing is designed for NDS parts, not NDSL.

And, to remove any further margin for error, I would just send it to Nintendo. They'll probably charge you a little more than you buying the parts yourself, but at least you'll know you're getting genuine Nintendo Parts and Service. Chances are, if you try to do it yourself, screw something up, and they find out, they probably won't repair it for you.

Back